CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
    2nd jab done 3 hours ago. Feeling a bit rubbish but that might be cause I ate too much rice for dinner.
    Mum & Dad had their second ones yesterday

Mum has been a bit off today... headache all day & really tired but Dad has been ok

Neil

Comment

Dad is O+ blood type?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Dad is O+ blood type?
        Good question...not a clue to be honest lol

They had the Pfizer jab
        I had the AstraZeneca last week (so did my brother)

Neil

Comment

Mine were both Pfizer.

Been feeling hot/ cold this evening with a bit of a headache and aches some ibuprofen has pretty much soothed appart from the tender arm. Appart from feeling slightly queasy I'm ok.

On Wednesday we were told to either wait to get a call/ email to get a slot (the vaccine center work got the first jab mostly is literally behind our workplace) or book a slot now for out of work ours at a particular local hospital. In regards of booking we HAD to book when we had time off the next day due to the rumors of the side affects being a bit of a hit with the 2nd Pfizer like the first AstraZeneca ones have been for others. I got a text invite that evening to book for today.

Still no offers for first jab to the other half, my sister and her other half all just under 40 so still a wait. Think my parents are due their 2nd at the end of April/ start of May.

Experience today was much better than the first which was not too bad but busy. Last time there was a long queue, the girl literally stabbed me hard with what felt like a wider needle (and actually made me yelp) and had to wait in a pretty crowded room. This time I got to chat with my collegue who wasn't injecting today but observing/ supervising another volunteer to draw up the vaccine which is pretty tedious with the Pfizer. The girl who pricked me was very neutral and it hurt as what I expected (not much) and the waiting room was about 2/3 as full as before with decent spacing and we were able to sit outside if we wanted.

Again great turn out of volunteers and run very well there.

Comment

Everyone in my family has had at least one dose now apart from me. Even my dad with his massive phobia of needles soldiered through and got his yesterday.

Comment

Oh wow, surprised to hear so many getting their second dose already. I got my first right at the start of Feb, and I'm still waiting for a date for my second!

Comment

I had the AstraZeneca one last Sunday. Had shivers on that night but been okay otherwise, perhaps some tiredness? Minimal fuss where I went, barely took 15 mins. Was pretty impressed.

Comment

Got my first jab today. They’re definitely vaccinating people in their late 40’s where I live. It was like a military operation, I was in and out in under 5 minutes!

Comment

Yeah the center near work seems to be doing very well carting people through quickly.

Its getting the older folk to remove their multiple layers of clothing in advance before they go to the room that does the jabs that really helps save time and now that people can wait outside instead of crowding the 15 min wait room.

Only had my first one early cause of working for the NHS but some friends under 40 who have health issues had their first jab last month. I'm really hoping everyone has pretty much had their first jab by the summer.

Comment

Averaging 27 vaccinations per second at the moment. That is really quite impressive

Comment

Yep have to say where i had mine done was very efficient and sped through people.

Comment

We had ours last Tue/Wed, wife got a text from our GP so I booked us both in.

Great service, really quick. We both got the AZ, wife has had a bit of an on/off fever I had a little bit of soreness in the arm which is understandable since you've been effectively stabbed in the arm muscle.

Comment

I spent a few days in the Covid ward recently as I was hospitalised for something unrelated but I had been self isolating due to coming in to contact with a customer with the virus. The nurses told me there were now barely any admissions of new cases coming in now and seemed really positive that in our area at least things were turning the corner which was great to hear.

Comment

I’ve been ill for 9 days now. Really bad head pain, can’t breathe tidy through my nose, feeling hot then cold. Today my tongue and mouth are tingling and I have a sour taste to food. I had a Covid test last Thursday and it came back negative on Friday morning.
                              Never felt anything like this before

I have my first vaccine jab dated for the 8th April at my local sports centre. Seen my doctor and he put me on a course of antibiotics and a course of steroids. Haven’t slept tidy for over a week now and have lost seven shifts in work.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                I spent a few days in the Covid ward recently as I was hospitalised for something unrelated but I had been self isolating due to coming in to contact with a customer with the virus. The nurses told me there were now barely any admissions of new cases coming in now and seemed really positive that in our area at least things were turning the corner which was great to hear.
                                Now if we could just isolate all those who still don't believe the pandemic is real, and possibly blast them into the sun.
                                I mean, put them in a room with a big button that says "destroy outside world" and let them blast themselves into the sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X