No announcement yet.

The War in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian forces have started an offensive in the Kharkiv region using small, combined arms forces, backed up with heavy MLRS fire. These are likely part of a reconnaissance force.

Ukrainian armed forces are using UAVs to strike deep into Russia. Main targets are oil refineries.

More power restrictions to the Ukranian civilian population

Only one T-34 at Victory Parade in Moscow

And that broadcast was hacked, showing this instead

The UK steps up diploamtic restrictions

And the EU will use Russian money to finance Ukraine

F-16s will probably arrive in June/July

Ukranian drones are scary

Comment

JCB digs itself a hole

Comment

They didn’t even NEED those extra sales, they just wanted them, pure greed.

Comment

Russia has now lost over 3000 tanks and approaching 500k troops lost in Ukraine.

They just blindly carry on, I REALLY thought the Russian troops would have mutinied by now under such losses, seems their more scared of Putin than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Russia has now lost over 3000 tanks and approaching 500k troops lost in Ukraine.

They just blindly carry on, I REALLY thought the Russian troops would have mutinied by now under such losses, seems their more scared of Putin than anything else.
            I find numbers like that very hard to believe. Russia won't ever report losses that large, and Ukraine has big reasons to lie about it. What is the source?

Comment

Multiple websites keep track of destroyed armoured vehicles, like Oryx.
              For troops, Russia confirms 50k dead; US intelligence backs that half-million figure.

Ukraine and Russia have lost a staggering number of troops as Kyiv’s counteroffensive drags on. A lack of rapid medical care has added to the toll.

Comment

The Pentagon estimates 450k Russians lost.
                MOD puts it at 480k Russians lost.

It’s probably around that, they lost 11k in their recent offensive alone. Putin gives no s***s for human life whatsoever, jets are expensive, peasants are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post

I find numbers like that very hard to believe. Russia won't ever report losses that large, and Ukraine has big reasons to lie about it. What is the source?
                  I know a few ex forces that have gone over there as mercs in the first year, this isn’t some small scale few hundred people dead war, it’s an absolute slaughter over there. Russia throws as many meat bags at the problem as it takes.

Comment

Belgium has pledged to transfer 30 F-16s to Ukraine, and are planning to rush the delivery of the first examples by the end of 2024. The delivery, however, depends on when Lockheed Martin will be able to deliver the F-35s Belgium has on order.

At a bilateral meeting in Brussels, the leaders of Belgium and Ukraine signed a $1 billion agreement, including a pledge of 30 Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters to the beleaguered Eastern European country.

Comment

Poland and some Baltic states have confirmed that if Russian troops pass a certain line, they are sending troops in to stop any further advance, which will pull NATO kicking and screaming into the ground war and not just support.

Comment

This sort of stuff annoys me: https://www.theguardian.com/world/ar...n-and-sabotage

This is what gaslighting is, putting stuff like this out with absolutely zero proof of anything and hoping gullable idiots lap it up. You need to ask yourself how such things would benefit Russia's war effort in any way, or even Russia's position in general, and the answer is, it wouldn't - not unless Ikea is secretly manufacturing ammunition for Ukraine there. So they're not going to be wasting time and energy on this stuff.

I can tell you who is more likely to burn down an Ikea warehouse - someone who's gotten so frustrated with being unable to assemble his flatpack furniture that he thought he could stop that pain for other people about to get into the same situation. Or a worker who's flicked a cigarette end one too many times in the wrong place.

It doesn't pass the sniff test even a little bit.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 30-05-2024, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          This sort of stuff annoys me: https://www.theguardian.com/world/ar...n-and-sabotage

This is what gaslighting is, putting stuff like this out with absolutely zero proof of anything and hoping gullable idiots lap it up. You need to ask yourself how such things would benefit Russia's war effort in any way, or even Russia's position in general, and the answer is, it wouldn't - not unless Ikea is secretly manufacturing ammunition for Ukraine there. So they're not going to be wasting time and energy on this stuff.

I can tell you who is more likely to burn down an Ikea warehouse - someone who's gotten so frustrated with being unable to assemble his flatpack furniture that he thought he could stop that pain for other people about to get into the same situation. Or a worker who's flicked a cigarette end one too many times in the wrong place.

It doesn't pass the sniff test even a little bit.
                          I mean, Russia have already invaded Ukraine, we don’t need any more “proof” of how s**t they are 😂.

Comment

Working...
                          X