This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
    What Liverpool need is a striker who is a target man. Somebody who can take the ball from the air and bring other players into the game. That'd give us another option if the Gerrard + Torres partnership isn't effective in some games. Keane just offered a weaker variance on the position Gerrard was playing in. So that meant he'd always be a sub.
    We had that with Crouch, and I'd happily have him back. Don't think he was prepared to sit on the bench though.

Comment

Hopefully Dave N'Gog will light up the premier league now just like his big cousin :|

Joking aside, the coaching staff must see something in him to not bring in any replacement for Keane.

Comment

I really cannot see what Rafa could have done. People kept saying that Keane should have been left on.....why? In almost every game he played - he was awful and I cannot think of a single substitution where he should not have been taken off. He looked tired and that was cos the ONLY thing he gave us was running. Wasted running.
        People keep saying he was played in the wrong position....
        Keane and Kuyt, when Torres was out, played as a partnership most times. Torres and Keane played as a partnership before his injury, Keane BLOCKED more of torres' goalbound shots than he had himself. He played up front a few times on his own and he couldn't do it. Why? He clearly, clearly ignored the manager's instruction and did not lead the line. Absolute nobber imo.

I am intrigued by the lack of replacement. Is it N'gog? Is Nemeth gonna get some bench spots? Babel maybe? Kuyt will do a job up there but he clearly cannot replace Torres (OR ANYONE WHO CAN SCORE GOALS!!). But he would link up well enough and bring others in.

rmoxon, my "vendetta" against wayne? I have mentioned him three times this season. Stamping, elbowing and swearing & gesturing. None of those can be denied, none of those are things he was punished for in any way shape or form.

Comment

BBC say £12m is all we get back initially.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
            I am intrigued by the lack of replacement. Is it N'gog? Is Nemeth gonna get some bench spots? Babel maybe? Kuyt will do a job up there but he clearly cannot replace Torres (OR ANYONE WHO CAN SCORE GOALS!!). But he would link up well enough and bring others in.
            Nemeth is on loan, well, was on loan. He came on as sub for I think Blackpool or someone similar and got his cheek bone fracture. He is now having an operation on that according to the Liverpool site. That was in the poor ****ers first game too. http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archi...90129-1110.htm

So, N'gog and Babel it is. Benitez has been playing Babel a lot more centrally recently, which is exactly what he needs. Babel needs to begin his growth into a proper player and sticking him through the middle should certainly help him.
            Last edited by Adrock; 02-02-2009, 22:06.

Comment

I think if Babel doesn't show anything between now and May, that's him done at LFC. This could be his big chance to step up to the plate.

Comment

Just read that Phil Easton died today
                Was doing his usual bit yesterday as normal, puts all the transfer **** into perspective anyway, really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySteve View Post
                  We had that with Crouch, and I'd happily have him back. Don't think he was prepared to sit on the bench though.
                  Someone wanting Crouch over Keane.

No player is perfect, but Keane had passion for Liverpool and did score some good goals. I think he would have been fantastic given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                    Someone wanting Crouch over Keane.

No player is perfect, but Keane had passion for Liverpool and did score some good goals. I think he would have been fantastic given the chance.
                    What's funny about that? Crouch did a hell of a lot more for us than Keane did. I'm not saying Crouch is a better player, but he fitted our style better.

Oh, and he may have been treated poorly at Anfield towards the end, but Keane DID have chances, and didn't take them.

Comment

What's funny about that? Crouch did a hell of a lot more for us than Keane did. I'm not saying Crouch is a better player, but he fitted our style better.

Oh, and he may have been treated poorly at Anfield towards the end, but Keane DID have chances, and didn't take them.
                      You say that , Kuyt goal scoring record is poor, yet his was given plenty of chances and a new role to play . Keane or Crouch were never given a fair deal , and its not really like Liverpool have many players that can head the ball (that said Crouch wasn't the best inthe air)

I just think Rafa is a joke and it should him that should be leaving

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        You say that , Kuyt goal scoring record is poor, yet his was given plenty of chances and a new role to play . Keane or Crouch were never given a fair deal , and its not really like Liverpool have many players that can head the ball (that said Crouch wasn't the best inthe air)

I just think Rafa is a joke and it should him that should be leaving
                        You should just put that in your sig, saves you typing it every post Personally I think Rafa is the right man, he just needs to be able to get on with it.

Crouch was given a very fair deal - he can't expect to play every game when you have Torres in your side. Obviously he wanted more playtime and I understand why he left, but he was a good player for us.

Kuyt has been given a new chance out wide I agree, but we can't be doing that with every player, especially when it's a player that Rafa didn't want in the first place (allegedly)

Comment

You should just put that in your sig, saves you typing it every post Personally I think Rafa is the right man, he just needs to be able to get on with it.

Crouch was given a very fair deal - he can't expect to play every game when you have Torres in your side. Obviously he wanted more playtime and I understand why he left, but he was a good player for us.

Kuyt has been given a new chance out wide I agree, but we can't be doing that with every player, especially when it's a player that Rafa didn't want in the first place (allegedly)
                          I'm really don't mean to wind people up , and I really , really do want Liverpool to win the title , if only for my mates and to shut up those glory Man Utd fan . Trouble is , with just 3 strikers , only 1 of which is scoring really I don't see Liverpool lasting the course, more so if anything happens to Torres or Captain Fantastic

Comment

Kuyt was not performing but when given a new role, did the job he was asked to do. Keane did not. Asked to play up front on his own, what did he do?

Name his good performance or even the slightly promising ones. How many games di he start in? Did he even miss a game until November?

He is 28, we paid a big premium for a proven Premiership player and we got nothing.
                            Crouch was significantly younger, played well except scoring, and continued to work in the right way (ie to the system that he was asked to). I was not happy with how he was treated last year and wish Crouchinho all the best. And yes, he IS a better player than Keane. Excellent goalscoring record, two decent feet and heads better. See hat-trick against Arsenal.

Also, Liverpool is actually a genuine shambles behind the scenes - we are as bad as Newcastle administratively in a few ways. If rumours are true, the manager [Rafa] has been undermined in all possible ways and the two owners have continually pissed money and taken the club for a ride. The amount of stuff that must be going on in the background isbig.
                            Last edited by saif; 03-02-2009, 08:52. Reason: extras

Comment

little question : would you consider Keane a worse purchase than shevchenko? Shevchenko didn't perform worth his price tag but he did stay for 2 seasons and did get a handful of vital match winners. That said, I don't know how much of a loss we took on him (can't find how much AC took him back for)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                I'm really don't mean to wind people up , and I really , really do want Liverpool to win the title , if only for my mates and to shut up those glory Man Utd fan .
                                Ah yes cos every Man Utd fan is just a glory hunter

Comment

Working...
                                X