X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
    Don't worry Liverpool fans, you lot have got Ngog. And Lucas lol
    Ngog is actually not a bad player. Lucas is gash and not a forward I'm afraid to say.

Comment

Ngog may not be a bad player but Robbie Keane is better and yet Ngog got the nod ahead of Keane recently.

Lucas just fouls and fouls, you lot should get rid of him before the closure of the transfer window.

Comment

Man City might take him!

Comment

I think Benitez is going to stick with Gerrard and Torres at top for the rest of the season. No room for Keane there. It is sad for Robbie being caught in the middle of the ****e going ons in the board room. I don't think Keane would be happy to be a sub. I dunno.
          Unless we get someone else in for cover, we have Kuyt, Ngog, Babel and mabe even Pacheco to turn to.

I'm sure if it was up to the fans, Lucas would be a dinner lady at the training grounds or something by now.

Comment

Get Gerrard to tackle him in training more often and you're sorted.

I have to say I've been impressed by Alonso this season. He has been one of your best players and to think he was gonna be flogged if Barry had joined you lot.

Comment

Yep. He's been pretty prettaaay good. However, he wasn't playing very well last half of last season and I have to admit, that I was prepared to see him go. I'm so glad, he's still here.

Comment

The Football Association has confirmed that no disciplinary action will be taken against Chelsea defender Jose Bosingwa for his challenge on Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun on Sunday.
                The FA, a law unto themselves.

Comment

It wasn't even a challenge, more like assault.

Comment

As this quote on the BBC confirms, not that it was necessary to confirm to anyone that's seen it.

So, physical assault on the football field is acceptable, but winning a tackle (Frank Lampard) is a red card offence. Pathetic.

Comment

LOL The lineman was in close attendance for the Bosingwa assualt. And the ref wasn't far away either

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                        The FA, a law unto themselves.
                        What people want is consistency. Which the FA have none of. They're a joke.

Comment

I agree that Lucas has had more than his fair share of dodgy games. But credit where credit is due; he was amazing away to Newcastle.

Comment

Dodgy tackling aside, I think Lucas has been playing perfectly fine recently, thought he was quite good against Wigan and even the penalty came about because he was trying to cover Arbeloa's mistake.

Comment

We cannot go the rest of the season without another striker and expect to win the Premier League. If Torres gets injured, who comes in? Factor in the Champions League returning and we need more options. I'm glad Keane went, he was a wasted talent at Anfield, but strewth we need someone else to come the other way, surely?

The whole sorry Rafa-Parry-Americans mess better get sorted out once and for all this summer. Off the field we've been an absolute joke, and I don't care what pundits say, it does affect the team.

With Parry's current record and his seeming disdain for Rafa, Owen back to Liverpool anyone?

Comment

Keane was simply not the kind of player Liverpool needed. Ricky Parry bought him and made a stupid mistake in doing so. Getting £15mil for him is a decent enough price. He has a horrid lack of pace and he was too wasteful in front of goal in the games he played. He had something like 19 appearances, 17 starts I think, and he was pretty much poor throughout.

What Liverpool need is a striker who is a target man. Somebody who can take the ball from the air and bring other players into the game. That'd give us another option if the Gerrard + Torres partnership isn't effective in some games. Keane just offered a weaker variance on the position Gerrard was playing in. So that meant he'd always be a sub.

As for Lucas, he has qualities and abilities that need to be nurtured. He is a good player, essentially, but his confidence and form have been lacking for most of this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X