Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought we played really well for the most part, was quite encouraging.
    Was amazed at some of the knobheads on 606 after the game.

Comment

We certainly played well enough to win it anyway. You can't have 25+ shots at goal and 76% possession and not take some positives out of it. Things just aren't going our way at the moment. A beach ball decided the Sunderland game, we were dominating Fulham then they go and score with their only chance, Lyon last week barely created anything, and Birmingham last night scored with their only real chances of the game. It happens. The phrase 'when it rains it pours' springs to mind and there's not much more you can do than keep at it. Arsenal were 3-0 up at the weekend after only having had 2 shots on target - we could do with a bit of that right now!

On the subject of N'Gog, it was a dive. Next time he should just leave his foot in like everyone else does to make sure there is 'contact'.....

Comment

It was a dive and not a good one at that lol. I guess we have video replays though. 1 win in 9 at any level is unacceptable though and our defense is rubbishimo at the moment. I know we have injuries but still.... annoying. I can't remember a run of results like this... well... ever. Hopefully the international break will do us some good.

Comment

Doesn't have to be contact for it to be a foul...

It was obviously a dive, but if you lunge into a tackle in the box and miss the ball you're asking for trouble - baldy blue****e only has himself to blame.

Comment

Tis true that we aren't actually playing so bad. Quite unexplainable the run of form.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
              Doesn't have to be contact for it to be a foul...
              I believe that's only in the case of dangerous play (ie studs showing). It's definitely rare to see refs give penalties to players who hurdle over challenges.

Semi-amusingly, when I searched to verify this, I came across a Liverpool fan on another forum defending an identical incident with N'gog back in March

Comment

A couple of years ago a ref gave us a penalty against Sheffield United because their player intended to take down Gerrard, even though he made no contact, the ref decided the intent was enough.

Dodgy diving aside, it's good to see how much N'Gog has improved in a short space of time.

Comment

The kid looks great. He's got tricks in him, dribbles, shots and good at holding up the ball when he's on his todd. Would love to see him up there with Torres.

Comment

A couple of years ago a ref gave us a penalty against Sheffield United because their player intended to take down Gerrard
                    Ah yes...that's included here....but I must say the last one is very sniper on the grassy knoll...or in the book depository

Steven Gerrard, the saint, has spent his entire football career lecturing other football players on how to behave on the pitch, especially in regard to divin...

Comment

Strange selection of clips....all are legit free kicks/pens except the last one.

Comment

Would say the first one wasn't a foul as well as the last. The rest were fouls but Gerrard made sure he 'highlighted' the fact they were fouls.

Comment

We have mass inury crisis. Not having the best of luck are we?

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                            It was obviously a dive, but if you lunge into a tackle in the box and miss the ball you're asking for trouble - baldy blue****e only has himself to blame.
                            He has himself to blame for a fellow professional blatently cheating?

Seriously?

Comment

Yes.
                              If N'Gog choses to keep his stride rather than hurdle, Carsley would've chopped him down because he completely fluffed the tackle. Terrible defending from a terrible, ale-house footballer.

Comment

...and that'll be the last time I visit this thread, cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X