• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supergoal
    Pennant at Liverpool...hmm

Don't know what to make of that. Another Crim
    He'll fit right in then!

I'm glad they bought Pennant, a good young British tallent with Premiership experience, as opposed to some random Spaniard.

Comment

As long as he realises how big an opportunity this is for him, Pennant will be fine.

Another quick player - with Gerrard, Bellamy, Gonzalez and now Pennant Liverpool will certainly be able to break quickly on teams.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho
        LOL, first Bellamy now Pennant. All you need is Bowyer and you have the complete set of reprobates at your club.

If Pennant does sign, where will Stevie G play? Will he replace either Alonson or Sissoko in centre-mid? Should finish top 2 this season I reckon.
        Stop trying to squirm out of it after calling Liverpools new look team reprobates? Lol

Especially with us knowing that Burnley beat them in their European cup winning season. (...Just a burnley in-joke..Liverpool fans ignore please )
        Last edited by AdamJW; 27-07-2006, 10:09.

Comment

Pennant is a quality signing, fast, skilful and can cross a ball. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
            Pennant is a quality signing, fast, skilful and can cross a ball. Well done.
            Last season he did have his troubles but looks like the worst are over now. Sad to see him go, but thats the way i guess. I just hope he plays rather than wastes away in the reserves.

Comment

Great interview up on the LFC website now that's well worth a read - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...60726-1737.htm

Much like Bellamy, Liverpool is the club he has supported all his life, I can't see them misbehaving now as they know they'll be out if they do.

I must say, this season's squad is looking very tasty. The amount of options we now have is second only Chelsea now in my opinion. Here?s a few rough formation I imagine we?ll be seeing over coming months:

--------------Reina----------------
              --------Carragher-Hyypia-------
              Finnan-----------------------Riise
              ---------------Sissoko-------------
              -Gerrard-----Alonso-----Kewell
              -------------------------------------
              ---------Bellamy-Crouch--------

I?m expecting to see this starting lineup in the biggest games, its certainly what I?m expecting in the Charity Shield match against Chelsea (although Kewell probably won?t be fit.) as the security that Sissoko offers is key while the pace of Bellamy up top will also be very important.

--------------Reina---------------
              ------Carragher-Hyypia---------
              Finnan--------------------Aurelio
              -------------Alonso---------------
              -Pennant--Gerrard--Gonzalez-
              ------------------------------------
              ---------Fowler-Crouch---------

Against ?weaker? teams I would imagine we?ll see something like this. Pace on the wings, providing crosses to Crouch and Fowler, the former tall enough to win anything in the air while the latter is probably the BEST in the air of all our strikers. The passing talents of Alonso, Gerrard and Aurelio (who looked great against Crewe the other day) will be vital in breaking down the stubborn defenses of negative teams.

----------------Reina---------------
              ----Carragher-Hyypia-Paletta---
              --------------Sissoko---------------
              --------Gerrard-----Alonso--------
              -Pennant----------------Gonzalez-
              -----------<LuisGarcia>-----------
              ---------------Crouch---------------

With the arrival of Paletta I think we have the personnel to play 3 at the back if needed. This allows us to play 5 in midfield so again could be use for breaking down defenses. Slotting in Luis Garcia behind the striker is an option too, he always seems to find us a goal when we need it most.

The fact we have players like Zenden and Kromkamp (who can now play as a proper right back and give poor Finnan the odd rest now we have Pennant) and possibly another striker I?ve not even included in these formations shows what a strong squad we have

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
              Last season he did have his troubles but looks like the worst are over now. Sad to see him go, but thats the way i guess. I just hope he plays rather than wastes away in the reserves.
              He'll certainly be playing. If you think of the amount of times Cisse was used on the right last season, if Pennant does that job he'll get plenty of matches.
              Last edited by mr_sockochris; 26-07-2006, 22:24.

Comment

Good luck with JP anyway, as i said sorry to see him go. You never know now he plays for a decent team he might get an england look in.

Comment

For those with Sky or access to British Eurosport, the Kaiserslautern v Liverpool friendly is on there at 4:30 BST (Sky channel 410). Possibly our first chance to see Pennant in a Liverpool shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jameson
                    For those with Sky or access to British Eurosport, the Kaiserslautern v Liverpool friendly is on there at 4:30 BST (Sky channel 410). Possibly our first chance to see Pennant in a Liverpool shirt.
                    can't see anything about this on digiguide or the eurosport website.
                    Last edited by mt50; 29-07-2006, 12:43.

Comment

It's definately on dude.

Eurosport only aquired the UK broacast rights for the game on Friday, so none of the published schedules will have it included.

Comment

Yep. It is on the Sky digiguide thing. Looks like it is a goer.

Comment

Keep us updated here if possible... I don't have Sky

Comment

Liverpool team:

Dudek

Peltier--Hyypia--Paletta--Traore
                            Anderson--Hobbs--Zenden--Gonzalez
                            Fowler--Bellamy

Subs:
                            Reina
                            Finnan
                            Riise
                            Garcia
                            Aurelio
                            Pennant
                            Sissoko

Comment

KS making progress on their right (our left). Dudek has had the ball a few times. KS goalie not tested yet.

Comment

Nothing much happening. Fowler's made a through ball to Bellamy. Looks like they're getting an understanding between them. Patchy kind of game so far.

Slight lack of pace at the back being exposed by balls over the top.
                                Last edited by Commander Jameson; 29-07-2006, 16:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X