Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man U euro away games in the last two years have attracted the wrong sort of person. The media have been sympathetic and all blame (as is usually the case) cannot be placed on the Utd fans but some has to be. At the Roma game for instance, the fans caught fighting had all been told to stay away from the place where fighting took place. All clubs have similar problems to larger or smaller amounts. Some City fans will not be happy about the lying down to Utd (as they see it). Man U have not, as a club, been great in the situation (steamrollering the discussions, asking the BBC to pay for coverage, putting sponsors on the tribute etc) but I guess that is to be expected of most, if not all premiership clubs.

It is sad when people cannot see beond their (in many cases arbritary) affiliations for human life. Personally, as a Liverpool fan I was pleased and proud that we played z-cars and all that stuff for Everton when they asked.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      I didnt say we had it any harder than arsenal, I meant its a shame that Arsenal havent had harder games to play while they are missing players becuase i dont think they are playing as well now as they were earlier on in the season.

Also portsmouth have a really great away record, and Bimingham seem to play really well against the big teams, Arsenal will tell you that. so those games you mentioned wernt entierly easy ones anyway, besides Newcastle..... who arsenal played twice recently incidently, they also played Fulham who in my opinion are one of the worst teams in the league and should have been relagated last season and man city who are in such poor form at the moment their league position is quite hard to belive, they have been playing consistenly terrible for weeks now.
      As said though Toure is the only player missing who would get into the current team, and you miss defenders less when your team are scoring 3-4 at the other end. The ANC has had very little impact team wise.

Its possible to go through most opponents Arsenal, ManU and Chelsea have played recently and cherry pick reasons why they should or shouldn't have been easy or hard games. You can only beat whats put in front of you.

I'd like to see how ManU would get on with some of the consistent key player injury problems (I'm talking Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Ferdinad) other teams have had but like last season they seem to be pretty lucky in that area.

Comment

MUTV is free all day today, as is the Tv bit on Manutd.com

Comment

Originally posted by B1gBeard View Post
          As said though Toure is the only player missing who would get into the current team, and you miss defenders less when your team are scoring 3-4 at the other end. The ANC has had very little impact team wise.
          Exactly thats my point Arsenal are missing an important player in their defense but have had the luxary of playing teams that are so poor defensivley that it hasnt made a difference to them at all...
          Last edited by rmoxon; 06-02-2008, 21:44.

Comment

OMG! 25 mins gone 1-0 down. Some poor defending from us and Vassell smashes home. We are playing this game like its a bloody testimonial, need to up the pace.

Comment

BAH, we were playing really well, we had better respond well!

Comment

If we don't get a goal before half time then I can see this being a frustrating 1-0 loss just like the away game. Really annoying that would be cos Arsenal absolutely outplayed City last week and we are struggling at home. Reckon we are missing Evra more than we realise, his swash-buckling runs are a feature of our attacking play and O'Shea just doesn't provide that.
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 10-02-2008, 13:08.

Comment

**** sake, 2 nil, cant belive it, we are playing crap!

Comment

Game Over! I can't be arsed to watch anymore to be honest, terrible defensive and attacking display.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                      Game Over! I can't be arsed to watch anymore to be honest, terrible defensive and attacking display.
                      Support your team ffs

Citeh.

Comment

Well, at least one things consistent, we dont win when rooney doesn't play! such a shame, these players should be embarresed at their display.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                          Support your team ffs

Citeh.
                          I can't support a display like this! Richards and Dunne are the ones teaching Rio and Vidic how to defend at the moment.

Comment

How many times do yers play shice and win due/draw due to 'the burning flame of courage/luck/jamminess within' Blame the kits.

Comment

Yeah we have been pretty crap, But I can honestly see us scoring 3 in the second half.

How Hamann hasnt had a yellow card either for persistant fouling is pretty unbeliveable.

We probably deserve to be 2-0 though, ferdinand has been extra rubbish. Not really had much attacking threat yet neither, but it will come!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
                                Well, at least one things consistent, we dont win when rooney doesn't play! such a shame, these players should be embarresed at their display.
                                That is what we need, Rooney on the pitch to show some passion and desire. The players seem to be still caught up in the memorial stuff and treating this as a testimonial. Hope Fergie gets the hairdryer out at half time at every single player, all of them deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X