Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible first half,much improved second half.

Superb goal by Saha Rooney still of the pac, Ronaldo played well under a lot of pressure plus the defence looked solid all round although Heinzes gonna cop a sending off if he carrys on being careless.

Still much improvement needed but the season is a marathon and not a sprint.

Comment

Rooney is definately off the pace, but playing him on the left you might as well not play him at all , rooney is a striker, and as such should be played there, as poor as united were first half you could never really see Benfica scoring they were restricted to long shots which to me was the only pleasing aspect of the first half, with Vidic and Heinze in defence united are tougher to break down.

Comment

We lacked the basic of footballing skills yesterday, like controlling a ball and passing it.

Good goal by Saha, with Ronaldo our only decent player I thought. Carrick is looking he's punching well above his weight at the moment, although he is doing better than O'Shea.

Good to see Vidic and Heinze back though.

Comment

Didnt see the game today was was supposed to be a very convincing 2-0 victory with Solskjaer netting both goals, Ronaldo hitting the bar twice, and plently other saves and missed chances.

Top of the league on goal difference with Chelsea, that draw of theirs yesterday really helped and I'm glad we responded well with a good display again Newcastle.

Comment

saw the game and we where playing alot better than the past few weeks, nice to see oli start and score 28) defo much improved.

Is anyone here in a united supporters club or a season ticket holder?

Comment

Yay, we'll be top for my birthday 8)

Two goals by Solskjaer which is great, and I'm told (I was working so couldn't watch the game) that it could/should have been many more. Hitting the woodwork four times or something. I'm still concerned about Rooney though because we're getting past the point where his performances are down to match fitness now. Maybe he just needs a goal for a confidence boost and he'll be back to normal.

Apparently Heinze has a hamstring injury that'll rule him out of the Argentina game next week, but should be fine in a fortnight. I was worried for a while there.

Comment

Was the game today not on any channel at all? Just making sure cause I searched high and low and couldnt find it.

Comment

Not on any english channel i dont think

Comment

Having just watched it on MOTD I do feel a little better about Rooney because he wasn't as anonymous as he has been recently. Still lacking sharpness but his passes weren't bad and he had at least one good attempt. Maybe some regular play is all he needs.

LOL, and he's not shaving until he scores a goal. Will he end up looking like a hermit by the time he comes out of this slump?

Comment

<<<rooney by the time he scores

Comment

I saw the second half of the Wigan game and thought we looked really good, even without Ronaldo (got a minor knock playing for Portugal; should be fine for CL game in the week).

Rooney didn't score but looked much better and set up Saha's goal, Saha and Solskjaer both looked threatening and deserved their goals, Vidic took his goal well and is looking good, Evra continues to look more and more like an able alternative to Heinze, Giggs is back (hooray!), and it was a generally strong performance. I'm glad that we can play like that with a relatively weak side.

Nice that it's us putting the pressure on Chelsea to get a result for once. We always seem to play after them.

Comment

I thought the Roonster was back to his usual busy self against the pie eaters too. In previous games he looked like he was hesitating whenever the ball came to his feet rather than the instinctive turn/pass/shot/whatever he usually does without thinking. I was impressed with him on Saturday, he looked sharp and he worked hard, I think he`s going to have a blinder against the Danes tonight.

I`ve found it really amusing recently with all this talk about Rooney`s "crisis", like the young fella that had all of England`s WC hopes on his shoulders in the summer has gone **** over night, as you do. Potentially the lad could achieve godlike status akin to Cantona and 20 Legend to name but two.

United are still a couple of quality players away from Chelsea in my opinion, most notibly in midfield although this isn`t a secret. Would Darren Fletcher and John O`Shea get into Chelsea`s or Arsenal`s first team? I think not! I think at the end of the season it`ll be another Chelsea title and us United fans will be cursing the day we couldn`t get a win against ****ty Reading!

Comment

We're top of the league so for now, it's looking good. Even if the title ends up at Chelsea, I reckon it'll be closer this time. Chelsea won't have it so easy this time.

Victory tonight in the Champions League will virtually guarantee a place in the knockout stages. And maybe Rooney will score his first goal in the competition for two years

Comment

Originally posted by Nembot
                              United are still a couple of quality players away from Chelsea in my opinion, most notibly in midfield although this isn`t a secret. Would Darren Fletcher and John O`Shea get into Chelsea`s or Arsenal`s first team? I think not! I think at the end of the season it`ll be another Chelsea title and us United fans will be cursing the day we couldn`t get a win against ****ty Reading!
                              To be fair Chelsea's was hardly a convincing victory against Reading, and at the end it was a bit of a Pyrrhic victory with the loss of Cech and possibly Cudicini. Either way that's a big blow to their defence. And we lost to the Arse but I'd still take that over a loss to Middlesbrough.

In any case with our good start to the season I think this is the best chance at the league that we've had in a few years. We've stayed top through a difficult spell without Rooney (sort of) and Giggs as well as injuries to Smith, Heinze, Silvestre, and Park (not to mention Neville and Ronaldo have been recent doubts). If we can get most of them back and then nab Hargreaves in January (he's still up for it) we're very real contenders.

Comment

3-0 against the Danes spose you have to be happy with that although thought we backed off them to easy and allowed them to play through us and create half chances too easily...cant do that against them scousers at weekend or we might just see a repeat of the Arse game at home couple weeks ago....

G.

Comment

Working...
                                X