• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!

Comment

Rooney again, 2-1

Comment

Another win, another three points.

Now we've got a big week ahead in our season. On Tuesday, we can secure qualification into the knockout stages of the Champions League once and for all. And then it's the big one - Chelsea at Old Trafford on the 26th....

Comment

I'm glad we've got the three-point lead going into the Chelsea game now. As long as they don't beat us by seven goals then we stay top, which is always a nice cushion to have going into a game like this that could really go either way.

Comment

should've been more than 2 though, especially ronaldos open goal nightmare I hope you smash chelsea into the ground.

Comment

would like to see fergie spalsh the cash on Darren Bent in the transfer window he would excel at Man u to even greater heights.

Thought we was awesome again yesterday and we are back to our old selves again going to away grounds and keeping teams in there own halfs for long periods at a time whilst creating lots of chances.

Ronaldo s miss was hilarious have to say be on all the xmas goof dvds for ever that will..hehe what a pillock.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
                Another win, another three points.

Now we've got a big week ahead in our season. On Tuesday, we can secure qualification into the knockout stages of the Champions League once and for all. And then it's the big one - Chelsea at Old Trafford on the 26th....
                Excellent result yesterday. That was the type of game we've been dropping points in over the last few seasons.

I think the team has started to play the attacking football of 5 years ago when we dominated a game whether we were at home or away and forced the opposition to make changes to cope with our style of football.

It is a top week ahead Kongster, but what are the chances of a number of key players being rested for the clash at Celtic, we have almost qualified and i think Fergie is desperate to put one over on Chelsea again this season so that Utd are at least 6-7 points clear of them by xmas. Especially as a rule Utd get stronger from feb onwards, can't wait till they really start playing then

Comment

I reckon we'll rest a good few players on Tuesday, Its pretty much a given that we've qualified and although we really want to win the group and not risk coming runner up, I think right now, we need to go for it against Chelsea with a full squad, as beating them would put us 6 ahead which I couldnt even have dreamed of before this season started. Then like you say, the usual spring rush we have should hopefully kick in and lead us to glory once again.

Still not seen Ronaldo's miss, is there a link anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                    I reckon we'll rest a good few players on Tuesday, Its pretty much a given that we've qualified and although we really want to win the group and not risk coming runner up, I think right now, we need to go for it against Chelsea with a full squad, as beating them would put us 6 ahead which I couldnt even have dreamed of before this season started. Then like you say, the usual spring rush we have should hopefully kick in and lead us to glory once again.

Still not seen Ronaldo's miss, is there a link anywhere?
                    No haven't seen a link but saw it on sky sports this morning, was a miss and a half, luckily it didn't matter as we were 2-1 up by then. Check out Match of the Day 2 tonight, think it's on BBC2 10.30-11ish it's bound to be shown again...and again...again etc...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbbSyDr9L0

Oh my god!!

The build up to that was immense though, Rooneys footwork and the pass to Giggs and Giggs' through ball to Ronaldo was all perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystery-C
                        Excellent result yesterday. That was the type of game we've been dropping points in over the last few seasons.

I think the team has started to play the attacking football of 5 years ago when we dominated a game whether we were at home or away and forced the opposition to make changes to cope with our style of football.

It is a top week ahead Kongster, but what are the chances of a number of key players being rested for the clash at Celtic, we have almost qualified and i think Fergie is desperate to put one over on Chelsea again this season so that Utd are at least 6-7 points clear of them by xmas. Especially as a rule Utd get stronger from feb onwards, can't wait till they really start playing then
                        Yeah, I agree that we're playing the kind of football of fives years ago - we have the best goal difference!

For the first time in ages there is a genuine belief among the players and the fans that we can win the title this season. That hasn't been the case in the last two or three seasons.

Against Celtic, I think we'll play our stongest team despite the Chelsea game this Sunday - Fergie will want to win the group and have it done and dusted. We'll have an extra day's rest against Chelsea but I don't that'll make a lot of difference to be honest.

Comment

I still say he will rest 3 or 4 players Kongster, he won't want to risk the main players picking up little knocks that could see em missing the Chelsea game.

Don't forget Celtic will be right up for the game and there are bound to be some crunching tackles.

I reckon he'll put Rooney on the Bench and play Smith, rest Giggs/Ronaldo, possibly Scholes, Ferdinand and Neville as he has been suffering recently.

Comment

Well, whoever Fergie picks in his starting line-up against Celtic, here's hoping that we get a result and that the players come through unscathed.

Comment

I think we will get the result, probably 2-1, hopefully no nasty knocks, we'll be through to the next stage, the important players will be well rested and we can get the win against Chelsea on Sunday.

Comment

Gonna be tough tonight..not the easiest place to go looking for a result but im hopefull we can progress tonight nd not have it going down to the last game of the group stage against Benfica.

Heres hoping all players come through injury free which will give us a good chance against Chelski on sunday...Good look boys.

G.

Comment

Working...
                                X