No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saints were abysmal last night. I was sat in the Northam stand and throughout the game the fans booed our own players (Jermaine Wright and Jason Mule got booed every time they touched the ball). We never looked like creating anything, there was no pace or fight in the side, and the only player to come out of it with any credit was Andrew Davies. When Jason Mule got taken off there was a massive standing ovation around the ground - not for Idiakez who came on, but just because he was being taken off - lol. At one point both the Plymouth and the Saints fans were singing "There's only one Paul Sturrock".

It doesn't get any worse than this. Looks like we will be playing in Division 3 next season, then - unless Nige can get this unfit, apathetic bunch of players performing a heck of a lot better than they did last night.

The crazy thing is Plymouth didn't look much cop either apart from the excellent Halmosi.

Comment

It's always grim when your own fans boo your team. I can't stand it, as it never makes anyone play any better.

Comment

I have been watching Saints for years - through some difficult times (Ian Branfoot era anyone?) but have not heard the fans slag the players off as much as last night. It made me feel sad.

We had "Who the f***ing hell are you?" at Pearson
        "Wankers! Wankers! Wankers!" at all of them
        "You're not fit to wear the shirt"
        "That's why we're going down / that's why we're going down"
        "We're **** and we know we are"
        "Championship - you're having a laugh"

This was our own fans!!

Oh dear.

Comment

"Your not fit to wear the shirt" is one that was very popular at S6 a few years ago. "Sack The Board" was another.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
            We had "Who the f***ing hell are you?" at Pearson
            "Wankers! Wankers! Wankers!" at all of them
            "Oh dear.
            Those two chants are unfortunate. Fans chanting "Wankers" at their own set of players, thats when you know things are bad, heard some stuff at Stoke, but never to that extent.

From watching them play Stoke last Tuesday, youve got enough in that side to stay up easily.

Comment

I sincerely hope so mate.

The thing is we raised our game away at Stoke - one of the top sides in the division - then utterly crumbled at home to what I felt was a very average Plymouth team.

Oh well we shall see what happens. Bloody football, I hate it.

Comment

Its looking very likely that we will be signing a couple of players on loan.Scott Sinclair being near the top of the list along with Zamora, and Marton Fulop (keeper) from blunderland.. With Simmo flapping about at the back i would like to see a better keeper in place ready for the playoffs or the start of next season in the prem ...

Ahahah that last bit is a joke, yes? Stoke in the prem.. i think not

Comment

Believe it

Comment

Another poor performance from my half arsed team. I'm thinking playoffs at best for us now but I have no doubt if we do it'll end in yet another po final humiliation ala Watford last time round. I despair of this club at times, what we needed when Wise left was a proper manager for a change, in fact I dont think we've had a proper manager since Graham left, yeah it was boring but he got results. Wise bought some poor players in the transfer window and we're now reaping the benfits of his talent spotting, good luck Newcastle .

Comment

Outright league leaders now, not just on goal difference, come on you potters!

Comment

Great win for The Wednesday today, just a shame that so many other clubs around us picked up points.

Comment

It shows how times have changed when you've got ex Premiership teams like Coventry, Leicester, Southampton and Wednesday fighting to stay in The Championship, and then have Stoke and Bristol City in the auto spots for the Premiership.

Good away win for Forest today in the dog house league. We're second, let's stay there now.

Comment

Aint noting wrong with stoke

Comment

Originally posted by powkisser View Post
                              Aint noting wrong with stoke
                              Didn't mean it like that. Just saying how times have changed. Good luck to them.

Comment

It is now starting to look as the proposed takeover at Wednesday might go ahead. I refuse to get excited about talk of 250 million takeovers and huge transfer funds. I would just like us to have enough money to compete. In the last year we have lost Bougherra, Whealan, Brunt and MClean. That is the entire spine of a side. I jsut hopethe new owners, if they do appear, listen to the fans and give Laws a chance to manage the side without the restrictions in place on him at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X