Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
    I was gutted when Chaplow left Saints. He always gets an excellent reception when he comes back - excellent player and by christ we could do with someone like that now.
    Yeah qulaity player, fantastic for us til we sold him to WBA. Burnley born lad as well, used to see him regularly on the lash in town on Saturdays. Think his drinking actually contributed towards Cotterill wanting to get rid.

Comment

See, I said Stoke would go on their annual mass-losing streak soon. Here it is!!

Comment

I still had some hope even at 2-0 as we've come back before, but that sending off is worst decision I've seen for a long time. Gutted.

Comment

Can't believe we beat Huddersfield, we never ever beat them. Huge bonus that Scotland didn't break his toe, its just dislocated and he will be playing on Friday.

Which brings me to Milwall. It will be El Gaffa's 46th game in charge, if we win it then it will be his 100 league point in exactly one full season in charge. The Milwall manager is of course Kenny Jackett who got rid of Roberto in a horrible way.

Justice will be served Spanish style.

4 more wins should see us as good as up n what has been the best season I have ever seen as a Swans fan, not just the results but the way we are destroying teams with one touch fluent passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
            4 more wins should see us as good as up n what has been the best season I have ever seen as a Swans fan, not just the results but the way we are destroying teams with one touch fluent passing.
            Are you looking forward to playing Newcastle next year?

I hope Swansea, Forest go up and Carlisle go up via play-offs. Big game tomorrow.

Comment

Manager of the month award doing its usual loosing streak.. Thanks a bunch

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                Are you looking forward to playing Newcastle next year?

I hope Swansea, Forest go up and Carlisle go up via play-offs. Big game tomorrow.

The way they are playing I'd fancy our chances. Forest should win tonight, they are great at home and Carlisle are poor away, their best striker is also out for the season.

Comment

Asking for a bit of advice on buying Watford tickets for tomorrows game, can you go to the shop and buy them or do you need to pre-book them?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hogg View Post
                    See, I said Stoke would go on their annual mass-losing streak soon. Here it is!!

Good timing, I love being top of the league

Comment

Suprised Bristol City have kept up the pace. Youve got a great manager it seems. The Stoke Bristol game in April now looks massive in the context of it all.

Tough month for us this month. Games against Norwich, Watford and Wednesday away are gonna be mightily important to how our season will pan out in my opinion. These will decide whether its auto or playoffs for us this season i think. Still positive about it all, despite our 2 defeats in the past week.

Few gripes i have with the manager though this week, that could cost us come the end of the season. At a tough time of the season, he never freshens up the starting 11, and i hate to say this, has favourite players. For example:

1. Cresswell needs to be played up front or not at all. He isnt a winger, and has no pace, yet weve all seen he can score goals, whereas Sidibe struggles, despite his immense workrate for the team.

2. His use of Pugh as a left back. Clearly more suited to centre mid or left wing. When he moved in to centre mid yesterday, him and Whelan controlled the game.

3. Seemingly none use of Gallagher since he signed. In my opinion, this fella is class, and needs to be used. Would be the ideal replacement for Cresswell.

Comment

1. I agree, Gallagher should be on the left, Cresswell nicks some goals but that's normally when he's in the box doing a strikers job. Either play Gally on left and keep it the same, or preferably for the sake of a little more style to our game, drop our mighty 1 goal all season forward and play Cressy or a new loanee up front.

2. Should never of brought Diao back into the team, he's been shocking since he's been back. Pugh should of started in the middle (not on the left, another winger like Lawrence who rarely goes past a man.) with Dickinson at left back.

3. He looked great when he came on, Pulis is terrified of using him as he can't have a flat back 8 then. The reason we've had good defensive records in the past is due to the amount of players back rather than quality of defenders.

My mini dig at Lawrence will probably look stupid seeing as he's just won player of the month! But i think as can be seen by how well he does in the stats it's all down to our set pieces. He takes all the corners, majority of the free kicks so if he wasn't getting good assist stats we'd be in major ****! I think he's having a great season i just prefer wingers to have a bit of pace and be able to take on a man and get past them more often than lawrence does. Would never drop him though as his deliveries have improved tenfold, just put some pace or skill down the left i.e. Gallagher or Phillips.

Comment

Big night for Posh tonight, we go top with a win! I expect y'all to be supporting us. Well, unless you're an MK Dons fan

Wait, do MK Dons even have fans?

EDIT: Top
                          Last edited by toythatkills; 04-03-2008, 20:36.

Comment

Went to the Forest game last night. We could have been 1 point clear of Carlisle but instead we're 5 points behind now cos we lost

We were decent in the first half, then 2nd half was a shambles and we let in a soft goal. We always mess up on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                              Big night for Posh tonight, we go top with a win! I expect y'all to be supporting us. Well, unless you're an MK Dons fan

Wait, do MK Dons even have fans?

EDIT: Top
                              As I hate Cambridge United and MK Dons, this is good news.

We squeezed past the Wednesday today, who sound like they were very unlucky. Hope they can leapfrog Coventry.

Comment

Aye, it sounded to me as we were hard done to. Our sending off looked very dodgy, but then again when playing against a player with as much class as Phillips you have defend until the final whistle. Nice to see Mowbray being honest about the sending off. * Take note Mr Wenger*

"It's cruel for them. I feel for Brian Laws and the sending-off incident right in front of us when there was no obvious red-card offence.
                                "It wasn't a night for pretty football. We had to use our brains, and I think Kevin did that."

Comment

Working...
                                X