Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Chucho Benitez wasn't offside. He was denied a legitimate goal.

Chelsea got away with it. You look surprisingly vunerable at present.
    Chelsea could've scored 10.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
      Chelsea could've scored 10.
      I don't agree.

Apart from Lampard missing chances that he admittedly should've buried and Alex's terrific free kick effort, Chelsea didn't create a lot that was clear-cut, imho.

In any case, you could say that about Birmingham for a decent portion of the game. The difference being that they actually had the ball in the net only for it to be wrongly ruled offside.

Comment

Wtf? Did you watch the game? But for some excellent goalkeeping/woeful finishing Chelsea could've scored 10. They had loads of clear cut chances.

You could even see that on Match of the Day.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          Wtf? Did you watch the game? But for some excellent goalkeeping/woeful finishing Chelsea could've scored 10. They had loads of clear cut chances.

You could even see that on Match of the Day.
          I listened to the match on 5 Live and I watched MOTD, believe it or not.

I suppose you're right, but the match just felt open-ended for some reason.

I still stand by Chelsea looking surprisingly vunerable, though.

Comment

Pretty bad weekend for us. Will it be a pretty bad long weekend?

Need to snap into some form. Drop Belletti and leave the kids on the benches unless an injury forces them to play.

Comment

Hope your dodgy run continues. Come on Fulham! :P

Comment

with luck we'll get our form back when the Arsenal and Man U games roll around.

Us and Man U are opposites at the moment. Man U have a questionable defence, we've a questionable attack force.

Comment

1-0 Fulham, then...

Comment

*sigh*

We've got awful form, we need a clear confident home win to get our spirits up and he plays ****ing Zhirkov who cost us that goal by the sounds of it.

Lots of possession, lots of shots on target but no real quality.

Comment

2-1 now \o/

Things collapsed a bit for Fulham there. Bit of fortune with the OG but we're way overdue some luck.

Comment

Your midfield should be a big concern for you really...I mean, Lampard is great but who else in there is firing on all cylinders?

Oh and the fans booing is a f*cking disgrace. 2 losses in 100+ games at the Bridge and they boo being 1-0 down to a very very good Fulham side. They don't know they are born half of those fans.

Comment

Booing? I expect nothing less from chelsea "supporters".

Comment

Yeah, apparently they were booing 25 minutes into the first half...

Comment

We've been playing bad for a month and if we'd lost, we would have been in a big slump at a time when we're about to lose some key players. Some players need a bit of waking up. Booing substandard performances is the fans right. Give them your full backing when they're playing, tell them your feelings when they're not.

Certainly isn't as harmfull as the deathly silences that often roll around Anfield when the match is well under way and things aren't going their way or the general lack of atmosphere in the Emirates and Old Trafford.

Lampard and Ashley Cole were booed at England games (and Cole still gets an undercurrent of booing that's independent of his performances) and that ain't coming from the Chelsea minded supporters. I never hear the pundits or anyone complain about that.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                players need a bit of waking up. Booing substandard performances is the fans right. Give them your full backing when they're playing, tell them your feelings when they're not.
                                Yeah, top of the table having lost 2 games at home in the last 120.

Justify it any way you feel makes it okay mate, booing substandard performances is the fans right, absolutely, if the fans are absolute tossers with no grasp of reality.

Oh and if you don't hear people complaining about booing England players then you aren't talking to the right people.

Comment

Working...
                                X