No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats one hell of a result considering how we are playing lately. re the boos.. Just imagine the noise if we had to watch a dull negative team like Liverpool playing every week

Ballack needs a kick up the arse.

Comment

Booing is just disrespectful. The silence at Anfield is either a mixture of shock and frustration or the ground is now full of 90% tourists I agree, the atmosphere at Anfield is worrying these days.

Can't agree that the fans should boo instead though. That's a chelsea spat out dummy dance.

Comment

Booing shouldn't be happening when top of the league. Sing louder, more often, get the players fired up.

Comment

On on hand you could argue that supporters are entitled to vent their feelings. After all, they could money to go the games.

But personally, I think booing is counter productive. It's a bit like kicking a man when his down. It doesn't help. Go the game and support your team, come rain or shine, through thick and thin and all that. And if anything, when the team is struggling, that's when the support of the fans is needed the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
            On on hand you could argue that supporters are entitled to vent their feelings. After all, they could money to go the games
            Unfortunately for me that arguement falls down a little when supporters start calling players things like "c*nt" or abusing them racially or singing songs about their sexuality.

Being inside a football ground doesn't entitle the paying customer to ignore the rules of society.

Comment

I should have rephrased that a wee bit better. What I meant was is that, it could be that argued supporters are entitled to boo about their team considering they pay good money to go the games. Though this is not something I personally agree with for the reasons I already mentioned.

But yeah, I see what saying. But unfortunately, you're always gonna get some fans from all teams who'll go over the top. We've had visiting fans from other teams making distasteful chants about stuff that goes beyond whats acceptable in football at Old Trafford. And some of our own, have done the same sadly. Stuff like that puts people off from taking their kids to the games.
              Last edited by Kongster; 28-12-2009, 19:13.

Comment

I know mate, I know...trust me, as a Bolton fan our "fans" boo our players more than the opposition fans.

I don't understand it, I never will. With Chelsea though it's even more odd, not only are they top of the table with an immense home record...but to pay as much for a ticket and then spend the time booing instead of cheering on the players...I just don't get it.

Comment

I don't understand booing the team you support either, doesn't make sense to me. If somebody messes up a pass or whatever, clap the bloke and cheer him on, hopefully he'll do better next time.

Luckily I haven't heard too much nasty language at Spurs directed at the players, but every now and then someone shouts something and you have to wonder what their IQ is. The most depressing thing I've heard recently was at the Man City game, with some Dad encouraging their 9 or 10 year old son to sing "that" Adebayor song. Mindless twat.

Comment

I wouldn't boo during the game (doesn't acheive anything) but I would boo at half time or full time, when it could let them know they need to shape up their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                      I know mate, I know...trust me, as a Bolton fan our "fans" boo our players more than the opposition fans.

I don't understand it, I never will. With Chelsea though it's even more odd, not only are they top of the table with an immense home record...but to pay as much for a ticket and then spend the time booing instead of cheering on the players...I just don't get it.
                      These days, to fans of other teams, there is this perception that Chelsea fans a are bit more fickle than most. And to be honest, there have been times when Chelsea fans haven't done themselves any favours.

I mean stuff like booing a team that's gone top of the league, booing a team off at half time, only singing when you're winning, plastic flags, turning on the manager etc does little to change this perception.

Maybe it's mostly down to the the Johnny-come-latelys who have jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon. I dunno.

Comment

Bleh two awful performances from lower teams tonight that have evaporated our goal difference lead. Watching how Portsmouth played against us and how they played against arsenal was like watching teams from two different divisions. No pressure on any attacking players, all the room they could ask for, no attempts to put tackles in.

We're due a game where the visiting team doesn't treat it like a cup final and stick 10 men in the box for the whole game. Would be nice if a team decided they weren't even going to try and play a reserve squad against us...

But meh, all that matters is we don't drop points during the ACON and hope our form returns for the important head to head games.

Comment

2 up already..

Comment

3-0 now.

Looks like Ancelotti wants to make a statement with his ACON team

*edit*

Finished 5-0. Seriously weakened team with some kids playing and we makes it look easy when both Liverpool and Man U struggled against opposition of a similar level.

Just gotta hope we perform in the league now.
                            Last edited by abigsmurf; 03-01-2010, 16:01.

Comment

Was gutted with the watford performance today. chelsea were in a completely different class but we let them play it around us instead of marking tightly and trying to close people down. It was as if our players never believed they could actually get anything out of the game (i guess being 1-0 down after 5 mins doesn't help). Oh well, we can "concerntrate on the league" now

Comment

First big test of our ACON side. Sunderland will park the bus so Sturridge needs to be in top form if he's to impress the manager enough to get some games when Drogba comes back.

Comment

Working...
                                X