No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Wright is a twat. I know he's your son but the fact is, he's not good enough. He can't cross the ball and he can't dribble the ball around defenders. All he can do is run fast. He was given loads of chances at Chelsea.

For a Premier League game against Coventry in May 1994, the attendance at Stamford Bridge was less than 9,000.

Yet all the fans turned out to pack Wembley 10 days later for the FA Cup final against Manchester United.
    A mid week game, against a minor side, at the end of the season (but not the final game) when the position in the table was cemented, 15 years ago when attendances were much lower across the league. Of course it was a low attendence. Not to mention he's probably had the stats guys run through the attendences after going "what's the lowest attendence for 20 years?".

We were filling Stamford Bridge well before Abramovich came. Chelsea Village and the stadium expansions were build for a reason. Yes we have glory hunters but would Liverpool have half as many supporters were they not so successful 20+ years ago? Man U have legions of glory hunters.

As for the booing. Where were you when Lampard and Ashley Cole were singled out playing for England?

It wasn't just a bad result at the weekend, it was a bad performance. Fans have the right to tell the players that their performance wasn't good enough. He talks about Benitez as being a shining example of loyal fans. Sorry, if he hadn't won the Champions League, he would have been sacked a long time ago.

Ian Wright needs to shut up. He talks about loyalty, how many different London rivals did he play for again?

Comment

Calm down, dear haha.

But yeah, Ian Wright's footy observations are excellent...not. Don't read the crappy rag that is the Sun.

Comment

Meh, headline caught my eye and instantly pissed me off.

We just get a kind of venom that no other club gets and it's almost entirely from the pundits who either grew up supporting or playing for 'the big three' and still see Chelsea as the 'uppity newcomers'. It's really hard to ignore sometimes.

All these pundits accusing other people of glory hunting and only supporting clubs that are winners. Funny how few Nottingham Forest stars and supporters there are writing/talking about football...

Comment

Nottingham Forest are leet. Back to back European Cups, that deserves respect.

Comment

Indeed, but since they were long term relegated, their supporter base has dried up considerably. If pundits (as a whole) were as loyal as they claimed to be, there should be a whole lot more Forest supporters around in the papers and on TV.

Comment

It's not dried up that much! We still pull some of the bigger gates in the championship you know...

Most of the Forest people from the glory years that are still in the game are managers though, punditry is for losers

Comment

Never been to the City Ground before but I'd love to go someday. Hurry up and get promotion to the Premiership

Comment

Ancellotti has stated that he thinks a few players aren't pulling their weight. Mikel Obi and Belletti stand out although to be fair I'm not sure if it's lack of effort or just lack of skill. Cole also gets noticeably tired in games.

Comment

And to think yous paid us £12m for Mikel lol

Comment

It's one thing just playing badly and doing nothing in a game but he makes mistakes that have gifted goals and has cost us points.

Hoping he gets replaced in the Jan window.

Comment

awful first half. West Ham were only ever going to score from a set piece and we provide them with a penalty. We should've had 2 penalties but we only ever get incredibly blatent penalties.

Need to improve

Comment

1-1. Lampard scored 3 penalties in a row because of West Ham players encroaching. Stupid. Wasn't a penalty but we should've had 2 in the first half

Comment

Yep my thoughts exactly about it balancing them out.

Cracking attempt by Drogba ten minutes back.

Comment

So many incorrect decisions, it's comical. I don't care if it slows down the game (and I think in most cases it'd make very little difference) video technology has to be used to get these calls right.

Comment

Speaking of video replays, when is Blatter's "leadership" up for renewal again?

Comment

Working...
                                X