No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of an over-reaction innit? Hardly hate and hostility, everything was said tongue-in-cheek I thought, hence there being a smiley.

Comment

Sorry, was just having a laugh...p...p..please don't hit me?

I stand by my opinion though. Smurf was kind of questioning the player rankings, so I thought I'd get involved. Didn't realise I wasn't allowed to.

If you came in here more often instead of leaving poor Smuffy to post all on his own, you might know that we all throw a bit of banter about.
      Last edited by hudson; 02-12-2009, 08:44.

Comment

meh, better to go out now than in the final at least. No terry, Anelka cech, lampard, cole and we went down to 10 men through injury. The game at the weekend is a biggie so got to hope Ancelotti resting players pays off.

Comment

Unlucky really, I thought you were gonna win everything this season certainly the best team in the league.
          As for the Drogba debate, I think he is better than Torres just a shame Drog often acts like a dick.
          Anelka has impressed me most this season though. Really pulled himself up together and is a real threat all the time.

Comment

1-1 at Eastlands so far. I imagine quite a few United fans must feel a bit funny about this match. Not funny "haha" by the way.

Comment

Their goal was a handball (he used it to direct the ball) but it had been coming. Need to do a bit better with our possession next half. Ref was giving us nothing but you kinda have to accept that.

Comment

Valid point there, but it could be said that the corner that led to Chelsea's goal shouldn't have been a corner in the first place (the ball seem to come off Ashley Cole last). Even Stevens.

Comment

Tevez makes it 2-1 with a free kick. Cech was at fault there.

Comment

Amazing scenes towards the end as Lampard of all people missed a penalty to level matters. City held on and won 2-1.
                    Last edited by Kongster; 05-12-2009, 18:23.

Comment

When it's not your day it's not your day.

Bad performance (Deco was especially bad), when we did finally get given a penalty it was taken awfully. Chelsea players were getting frustrated by the ref and it got to them and when watching it I finally got pissed off by the moronic comments of the ESPN comentators who absolutely love us...

All in all, not a good day for us.

Comment

All in all, it's been a good day for us reds.

Comment

Was quite surprised to see Chelsea sort of lose it a little in that match once City equalised. For the past few months they have looked so cool and confident on the pitch and played with a swagger but today there was some very suspect tackles on show.

I'm certain they will bounce back next week just like they did when they lost to Wigan and Villa but it's certainly made the league very interesting in the run up to new year.

Comment

We lost it because we got frustrated. We would sneeze and get a yellow, they scored from a handball, we kept getting denied penalties and when we got one is was one of the worst penalties I've seen this season. Kept messing up passes, fluffed up a few chances towards the end and just generally weren't much good.

From about 70 minutes it was clear we weren't going to get any points. No doubt Terry will be out for a few matches just to top off a 'fun' day.

Comment

Chin up, mate. Away days where players are not playing well and decisions going against you is par for the course in the league.

Comment

Fun fact: we've lost every time we've worn our third kit.

*edit*

Should try and forget about it, it's just especially frustrating watching a game like that where nothing goes right rather than being beaten in a free flowing game. We don't seem to have simple, straight forward losses very often.

It's made worse by having to listen to commentators who spend most of the game slagging us off.
                                Last edited by abigsmurf; 05-12-2009, 18:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X