No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On that subject Seen the PFA team of the year? It's an absolute joke.

Rooney was always going to win player of the year. But look at the team of the year:

Ivanovic (Chelsea)-Vermaelen (Arsenal)-Dunne (Aston Villa)-Evra (Manchester United)
    Fábregas (Arsenal)-Milner (Aston Villa)-Fletcher (United)-Valencia (United)
    Rooney (United)-Drogba (Chelsea).

Fletcher and Valencia over Lampard and Malouda? Really? Seriously? Lampard who's scored 20+ goals (not to mention the sheer number of assists) for the fifth season running and works his arse off constantly?

Comment

the PFA voting is always weird though as its done at xmas for the calendar year, so Fletcher who was instrumental in Utd's run to the CL final last season probably picked up votes for that, and correct me if wrong but Malouda has really only flourished this season hasn't he ?

that said on that logic Valencia is getting votes for what he did at Wigan and Dunne at City.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post

Fletcher and Valencia over Lampard and Malouda? Really? Seriously? Lampard who's scored 20+ goals (not to mention the sheer number of assists) for the fifth season running and works his arse off constantly?
        While I am not saying you are wrong but do you watch every team week in week out or mainly Chelsea? It's all well and good picking the best players for the best teams, but players that contribute so much to lesser teams is just as impressive if not more so.

Comment

Read that Mutu's facing another 6 month ban for taking drugs. Idiot.

Comment

He is indeed, appetite suppressing drugs. Medically they have no bearing on his performance, so to speak, but because he didn't declare them (they are allowed as well apparently) that's why he's in the ****.

Such a waste.

Team of the year wise, I'd have Valencia, Milner, Lampard and Malouda as my midfield.

Comment

well you'll never be Man City manager then Jebus, you are missing the mandatory 3 defensive midfielders in that line up.

Comment

ESPN are reporting that we've put in a bid for Aguero.

Hopefully yesterday's game will have drained Liverpool. Confident we can beat them but it's still going to be tough.

Comment

back from Spain now!

Caught the goals. First one was a bit of a gift but it sounded like it wasn't really against the run of play.

So close now, if we blow this I'll tear my hair out.

Comment

Prepare to be bald.

Comment

Smurfy whats ya thoughts bout tomorrow matey is it going to be all over by half time as many are saying or do you think it all may be a little more tighter than that .
                      Last edited by glazza; 08-05-2010, 19:11.

Comment

It has been such an odd season that maybe the final day will throw up one last twist. Somehow I doubt it though. Chelsea have got the momentum and I can [see] Wigan getting a right battering.
                        Last edited by Kongster; 08-05-2010, 20:54.

Comment

We should win it easily but there's always the chance we'll get sloppy. Will be nevery unless we can get 2 clear goals.

Incidentally, why isn't the Man U game on at the same time?

Comment

Is it? I thought all the games on Sunday will kick off at the same time.

Comment

They both kick off at the same time but Sky's show on SS1 with the Chelsea match starts 30 mins earlier.

Comment

Oh, I see. Cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X