No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good player and "even" at 30, got a good couple of years at least in his legs, agree, a nice signing.

Comment

Agreed. He was Portugal's player of the tournament without doubt because as usual Ronaldo went missing when it really mattered.

I think he'll do well to Chelsea.

Comment

Deco will continue to be very good into the slower period of his career. His spurts were v useful but he reads the game well. I don't like him though!

I still remember his amazing recovery from injury when Terry kicked the ball at him

Comment

Massive blow to Chelski if he leaves fingers crossed he goes

Comment

But then we already have a replacement for him. Drogba could be out for Kaka too (won't be sad to see him go now, his attitude in the Champions League final was too much, even for me).

Doesn't worry me too much, what chelsea need are goal scorers and last seasons set up only worked because our defensive force and possesion was so strong.

Comment

I don't think Kaka will be appearing in the PL any time soon. Going by the current Chelsea targets, next season you'll be fielding an entire ex-Barcelona squad.

Comment

Ferguson had a dig at us saying we made little progress last season (true but then Grant was just a transitional manager) and saying we've an aging squad which is somewhat true but we've players coming through the youth system and the squad's being set up to ease in players to replace those getting on a bit.

Also a bit premature to critisize the squad when it's clear chelsea are going after a minimum of 1 more world class player (need a striker) and possibly more.

Comment

Apparently Essien has responded to that. Sir Alex' is back at it with the "mind games" and it seems to be working LOL.

I have to say that Chelsea were pretty formidable opponents under Mourinho. Whether Scolari can emulate that remains to be seen.
                  Last edited by Kongster; 23-07-2008, 11:27.

Comment

Chelsea sold Ben Haim for £5mill reportedly. I'm not sure the the squad will be able the loss of such a vital player...

Comment

Well you've still got Ivanovic waiting in the wings, who will presumably get more playtime alongside Terry, Carvalho and Alex this season. I'd say you are more than well covered in that area. Conversely, I tense a possible tone of sarcasm in your message, in which case ignore what I just said

Comment

me? Use sarcasm? I would NEVER do that!

:P

Comment

Times running out. Anelka's been good pre-season but we still need a big name signing, we weren't getting enough goals.

SWP has been his usual self. One of the fastest players in the country, he just can't deliver that final ball (makes school boy errors like not looking up). Will be interesting to see if Phil can force some technique on him.

Also hope that he can install the discipline that Jose installed in Drogba that led him to having a brilliant season.

Comment

Sky Sports News are reporting that Chelsea have made a £19.7 million for Robinho.

Comment

BBC are reporting it too.

Will be happy if we get him. That's a pretty good price too compared to press speculation.

Comment

An absolute bargain at that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X