No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never actually understood why it's assumed that you shouldn't blow for full time when a team is attacking. Surely if time is up, time is up, no matter where the ball is on the pitch? You're basically giving one side an extra chance to score for no real logical reason.

Comment

Most refs will allow a final attacking manouver before blowing but they don't have to.

Comment

Riley was a joke yesterday, he lost control, he didnt have a clue how to let the game flow , only suprise was that no one from Utd saw red to be honest, Id stick him in league 2 like halsey for so many mistakes, i just hope we get the ref on our side when chelsea return to old trafford

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
          I've never actually understood why it's assumed that you shouldn't blow for full time when a team is attacking. Surely if time is up, time is up, no matter where the ball is on the pitch? You're basically giving one side an extra chance to score for no real logical reason.
          Because you end up with controversial moments when a ref blows as the ball goes into the back of the net. Most sports have a rule where a play has to come to an end before full time is called or that if a ball is in the air once full time has been declared, you can still score.

This isn't possible in football (the ball can be kept in play for long time potentially) so in general ref guidelines say that refs should wait until a current attacking play is over before blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
            Riley was a joke yesterday, he lost control, he didnt have a clue how to let the game flow , only suprise was that no one from Utd saw red to be honest, Id stick him in league 2 like halsey for so many mistakes, i just hope we get the ref on our side when chelsea return to old trafford
            He wasn't especially on Chelsea's side, just bad in general. He failed to spot an incredibly blatent dive by Ronaldo. The potential penalty/red card by the keeper was a 50/50 yes/no decision that could've easily been given and there should've been a second yellow produced + a good free kick at the full time whistle.

Just bad in general, not bias

Still was amusing to hear Andy Grey get annoyed because Scholes got a yellow "only after 4 or 5 fouls"

Comment

That Ronaldo dive....confused me so much. Why were the ref and him laughing when he did that? Even Lampard seemed to think it was a joke.

"ha ha, there he is the cheeky scampster cheating again" ????

Comment

Did the BBC take a photo of scolari just after he'd learnt his pet dog had died or something?

Anyhow. Hopefully tonight will be a breeze, the game against Aston Villa will likely need the players to be fresh as they're sure to park the bus

Comment

Wow. That was an awful first half. No quality from either side.

Can see why Roma struggled against them, they didn't allow the game to flow at all.

Comment

When you have a personal fortune of £11.7billion, you can perhaps be forgiven for feeling the need for protection. In Roman Abramovich's case, the solution is to order an armour-plated mega-yacht with missile detection system.

Amazing. If true.

Comment

5-0, Middlesbrough weren't great but was still a great performance. Looks like goal difference won't be an issue for us this season

Comment

Read a few posts from Chelsea fans saying it was their best performance for a couple of years.

Comment

I'd say our current form is the best it's been for years but the trouble with saying that was the best we've played is that Middlesborough weren't good. Probably among the best but not the best.

Comment

Hoping for a straightforward game tonight. There's a chance Roma will park the bus which will tire us.

Given how Liverpool games are usually incredibly dull and frustrating, we need to be fully rested for that game which is ultimately more important (we not going to struggle to get through this group)

Comment

I love it when we frustrate your pokemen. But I want to friggin tonk yers 10 nil. Then see you come into the LFC thread talking how we played **** and were lucky to come back from nil-nil to score 10. You think you're a non televised super footy pundit. You're just bitter and blue

Seriously though, it will probably be a tight, frustrating and bum twitching match.

Comment

Roma generally arent the most defensive of the Italian teams.

I think Chelsea should coast to a nice and easy 2-0 tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X