No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David James on a free might be better cover?

Comment

James could work. Chelsea really need to get a quality back up keeper because Cech seems to be injured quite a lot for a goalkeeper.

Comment

Turnbull was probably bought as a long term backup keeper and I was mediumly impressed with the games he had last season.

Our keepers are cursed though, never known a team to have so many keeper injuries. Even if they try to leave it just causes to curse to strike (a la cudicini)

Comment

Absolute howler by Turnbull in that friendly.

3-1 loss but we were fielding a b-side

Comment

Poor fella.

Comment

The annual "Carvalhio will join mourinho" rumours are in full swing.

If we can get decent money for him, I'd say sell him. We could do refreshing a positions with aging players. Don't think we need to worry too much if there isn't a quality replacement for him mind, Ivanovich has proven to be incredibly versatile and I rate Alex (despite him having issues with injuries)

Comment

Drogba's going to miss the first week or so of the season.

Going to end up with a pretty weakened squad at this rate. May see Sturridge get some first team football if we don't get someone in.

Comment

Ah how I missed posting several times in a row because of the lack of Chelsea fans in here ;_;

I should stop saying I like players. They're all getting injured or putting in shocking friendly performances.

Alex is now out for a month,

Comment

Thought this was funny Smurfy.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-meltdown.html

Comment

Was going to call them out by saying there's no way they'd melt down them to recover the gold (which there's probably only a few grams worth of anyway) but the article actually says that. Unusually thorough by The Sun there.

Surely they're better off selling them at the Chelsea Megastore then sinking more money into them?

Comment

Wow, Chelsea have had a really really awful pre-season.

Still, at least Drogba will be fit for the Charity Shield

Comment

Terry's lack of pace and a moment's lapse from Cole cost us that goal.

Continues our bad run of pre season friendlies but I think we're looking reasonable. Essien is wasting chances and Anelka's not really in the game but I'm happy with the way we're moving the ball and the game was fairly even.

Have a lack of options in our midfield at the moment but hopefully we'll be adding a Brazillian or two to our squad to make us a bit more flexible.

Comment

The only thing I've taken away from the match so far is that referees still let Paul Scholes do one horror tackle free.

Comment

2-0 that should be it.

Comment

Ok maybe not...

Comment

Working...
                                X