Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
    Drogba is definitely a c*nt. Of the highest calibre. I'm not sure even Chelsea fans like him do they? I sure as hell don't.
    If the boos at half time are anything to go by, they don't like any of them too much, at least not until they are winning.

Comment

A bit of selective memory going on.

Cole will have to miss the next game thanks to a blatant dive.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        Cole will have to miss the next game thanks to a blatant dive.
        It didn't help when he told the referee to f*ck off about half a dozen times, which he does in just about EVERY. SINGLE. F*CKING. GAME.

I'm not bitter, truly, but there are a few Chelsea players that disgust me with their behaviour and if that means that we won't have to hear Ashley Cole's constant 'effing every two seconds in the next match then I'm pleased.

Comment

I don't think anyone is making out Drogba is the leagues only diver. Every side has more than a few players who like to "go down easily" as they say.

However, I think Drogba truly is in a class of his own when it comes to sheer volume of diving and feigning injury. Even the fake Ronaldo is someway behind him.
          The moment he rolled over twice to get back onto the pitch (after he had fallen well over the sideline) to stop the game was really incredibly embarrassing. You could almost understand it if he was a **** player who had nothing else in his locker, but he doesn't even have that excuse to fall back on.

Comment

Unbelievable stuff tonight, sick to death of playing Liverpool in the CL every year I was expecting the usual dull fodder in both legs but tonight was the game of the season and the 1st leg was a cracker aswell. See you boys next year in the QF's or Semi's eh?

I think the only dissapointment tonight was the pen, could it have been any softer and wheres the consistency? There should be about 10 pens every game if you're gonna give those. Awful.

What has happened to Petr Cech though? He's a great keeper but his nervous mentality and flapping at every ball made the entire team edgy, he just doesn't seem to be able to deal with these big games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asylum View Post
              What has happened to Petr Cech though?
              You mean other than the life threatening head-injury?
              It would take someone pretty amazing not to come out of that a changed man.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                You mean other than the life threatening head-injury?
                It would take someone pretty amazing not to come out of that a changed man.
                Fair enough but he's a lot more commanding in your usual prem game. Whenever we play top teams he becomes the most nervous keeper ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                  I don't think anyone is making out Drogba is the leagues only diver. Every side has more than a few players who like to "go down easily" as they say.
                  Exaggerating a bit there I think. Apart from Eboue (who's not a first team player, thank god, and not as bad as Drogba) who else "goes down easily" for Arsenal?

Anyway, it was an excellent game to watch. I thought after the horrible first half Chelsea had thrown it away, but they managed to redeem themselves.

Well done to Liverpool, but I don't think they had much say in the result in all honesty. I'm sure some will disagreee here but I think Chelsea were basically playing against themselves - in the first half, they looked complacent and uncaring which gave Liverpool a clear advantage, but in the second they finally woke up and were the better team.

I think the only dissapointment tonight was the pen, could it have been any softer and wheres the consistency?
                  I disagree there aswell. He clearly had both arms wrapped around Alonso and was pulling him to the ground, away from the ball (which, without the contact, he had a good chance of reaching). It would be a clear free kick anywhere else in the pitch, so why not a penalty?

I agree about Cech though - he looked very shaky the entire game. Hopefully it will be more of the same on Saturday

Comment

Anyone who thinks that wasn't a penalty is just insane. The fact they get away with it 9 times out of 10 doesn't mean it's not a foul. It's about time that kind of idiotic, ridiculous holding in the box was penalised.

Comment

I thought the push on Ivanovich was a clear penalty too, wasn't just a shoulder barge, was actively pushed off the ball. But meh, the ref alternated between being overly picky and being too lenient for most of the game.

It does have to be emphasised what a shocker Cech had though.

Comment

Excellent game very entertaining.Chelsea played pretty well and deserved the win over the two legs.

Cech was rubbish tonight though if he plays like that again in the CL I think you will really struggle.
                        Last edited by ExtremePabs; 15-04-2009, 08:17. Reason: typo

Comment

Congratulations Chelsea FC.
                          On the ropes and in real trouble for the few minutes either side of the half-time whistle but as soon as Reina made the balls up (great work by Drogba to get on it though) - they totally settled. Great game - good spirit too (apart from Drog's "injury" at the end) and a game that all except the two keepers can be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                            Anyone who thinks that wasn't a penalty is just insane. The fact they get away with it 9 times out of 10 doesn't mean it's not a foul. It's about time that kind of idiotic, ridiculous holding in the box was penalised.
                            Hardly insanse, the fact is you see this kind of thing week in week out and nothing is given, so when one is its frustrating as theres never any consistency. The fact Carragher mauled down Ivanovic twice in the box in the same game shows there was little to no consistency to the ref's decisions.

a game that all except the two keepers can be proud of.
                            In Cech's case i'd agree but I think criticisms of Reina are slightly unfair, he got his hand to 3 of the goals. I don't think any keeper in the world could have saved Alex's free and Drogba's goal was very unfortunate to concede, I think he was genuinely unfortunate last night. I'm concerned for Cech though, I wonder how long it'll take him to bounce back from the Bolton and Liverpool games. He needs a good couple of clean sheets to increase his confidence prior to the Barca game.

Comment

Originally posted by Asylum View Post
                              Hardly insanse, the fact is you see this kind of thing week in week out and nothing is given, so when one is its frustrating as theres never any consistency..
                              It was a blatent foul, stupid as well.

It was inside the box.

Therefore it was a penalty.

The fact that referee's in the ENGLISH leagues ignore it doesn't make it okay for the others to do so as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                                It was a blatent foul, stupid as well.

It was inside the box.

Therefore it was a penalty.

The fact that referee's in the ENGLISH leagues ignore it doesn't make it okay for the others to do so as well.
                                Try applying that to Carragher's blatent foul inside the box on Ivanovic a minute later, you are completely missing the point, giving one but not the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X