No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not so much his decisions in the Champions league, it's the games before and after. You can argue that he's done well in the Champions League but unlike Chelsea and Man U, his runs in the Champions league have come at the expense of premier league performance.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
      You can argue that he's done well in the Champions League but unlike Chelsea and Man U, his runs in the Champions league have come at the expense of premier league performance.
      I would instead argue that Chelsea and Man Utd have greater squad depth and quality than Liverpool have, making it easier for them to adapt constantly between Premier League & Champions' League and thus maintain consistency. You and Utd really are the only sides in the Prem who can realistically talk about trebles and quadruples at present. That said, Liverpool are clearly improving in this respect - anyone who says otherwise is talking nonsense.

Hopefully, if Rafa is genuinely backed in the summer then we can maintain the level we're at and perhaps even push on. It is worth remembering that Liverpool have only lost 2 Premier League games all season - if we fail to win the League, it will only be because of all the games we have drawn instead of winning the majority of them like we should have.

Comment

Its not come at the expense of Premier League. Liverpool, up until recently, have had a much weaker squad than both Chelsea and Man U.

Tonight is **** or bust for Liverpool. Gerrard has a niggling injury, something that rest will fix from what I've read/listened to. Of course it could get worse if he is unlucky but if we managed to stage something amazing and get out of this (which I highly doubt) then it could be worth having to rest him for a few days.

Dont forget Liverpool have a full week until the next game so he will have enough rest to be fit for the Arsenal game hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          Gerrard has gotten over his injury I notice...blah blah blah
          Gerrard has been playing with adductor trouble since mid-2008, he's already had two operations on it and afaik he is going to have a further operation at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Hopefully, if Rafa is genuinely backed in the summer then we can maintain the level we're at and perhaps even push on
            I really don't know how you can say that , when Rafa has spent like 200 million on players

Comment

Can we keep this bickering out of the Chelsea thread? Same old tired arguments about how much he has spent, how much he has recouped through sales and what quality of player he has had to spen the money on.

This place really does get boring.

Comment

It's great. Nice to have people hating the fact that we have been the best team in England this season. Real quAlity.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  I really don't know how you can say that , when Rafa has spent like 200 million on players
                  When the netspend only amounts to 75% of the netspend of your closest rival?

Anyway, as mentioned, this is boring.

Comment

Best bet for tonights fixture would have to be 7-1 no goals scored. Its unlikely, I do concede that but at 11-1 for Liverpool to qualify? Thats one of of the most stupid best I've ever seen.

Comment

blah blah blah loofa blah blah blah chelsea have spent less than both blah blah blah Ronaldo dives.

These topics come up again and again because of the northern slant of the supporter make up on here which means the Chelsea, Arsenal etc. threads don't get much talking between like fans.

Comment

Anyone seen the PFA nominees?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                          Best bet for tonights fixture would have to be 7-1 no goals scored. Its unlikely, I do concede that but at 11-1 for Liverpool to qualify? Thats one of of the most stupid best I've ever seen.
                          Of the games so far this season, Liverpool have won 7 by the margins needed to win the tie. Of those, only 2 were away and one of those was against a team fighting relegation. Considering they've played 48 games so far, from a statistical point of view those are fair odds.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                            Anyone seen the PFA nominees?
                            ok... Those PFA nominations present a good argument for limiting the number of players from a single team. Seems it's kinda stopped being about the best individual performances and just picking the top players at the current top performing side.

5 of the 6 nominations coming from one team makes it farcical and uninteresting.

Comment

Had Torres not been dogged by injuries, he would have undoubtedly made the shortlist. I'm surprised Lampard isn't there.

Here's hoping for an entertaining match tonight.

Comment

How many games has Giggs started this season? Give him life time achievement for service to the club and be done with it

Comment

Working...
                                X