No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad half though, not quite a 4-4 thriller on the cards but you've contained them well.

Comment

0-0 at the Nou Camp is a pretty great achievement. Only a couple of moments where Barcelona really looked threatening, despite the number of shots.

I lolled at the Pot Noodle ad

Comment

0-0 is a good result, but you'll have to be at least a little more open (i.e. not play four central midfielders!) at home if you're going to win the tie. In those conditions I can see Barca nicking an away goal.

Comment

Great result for Chelsea, this game onnce agains proves that Barca can be contained however it seems like only the English sides have the discipline to do it. We (United) did it last season and now Chelsea have done exactly the same.

Messi (after being hyped so much) did pretty much nothing apart from a couple of good runs and passes, Chelsea coped with him really well. I think Chelsea will do the same thing again at home and sneak through 1-0.

Comment

Chelsea had a game plan and it worked so credit to them. It's not unusual for the first leg of a semi final away from home to be tight, cagey affairs. The game tonight sort of reminded me of our game against Barcelona at the Nou Camp in the first leg of last year's semi final lol.

The tie is delicately poised, though Chelsea could rue the great chance that Drogba missed.
            Last edited by Kongster; 28-04-2009, 21:04.

Comment

I hope we don`t rue the Drogba chance. Shutting down Messi was the main thing I believe which we did successfully.

Comment

We looked good yesterday, aside from a couple of shakey moments. If Anelka and Drogba can play together that well under Hiddink, we could see a return of 4-4-2

Comment

No Henry for Barca, good news for us given he looked dangerous in the first leg and we've no carvahlio (one day I'll spell his name correctly)

Alex makes one big mistake a match, hopefully his mistake this match won't be costly.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Alex, Terry, Essien, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba.
                  Subs: Hilario, Ivanovic, Di Santo, Mikel, Kalou, Belletti, Mancienne.
                  Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Toure, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Messi.

Comment

Cracking strike from Essien good enough to win any game .

Comment

Stunner from Essien.

Makes you wonder what Chelsea have to do to get a penalty. Two stone wall penalties there.

Comment

Chelsea have Barca right where they want them. Barca are having real trouble breaking down Chelsea, I can't really see Barca getting much joy.

Comment

One was outside the box when the offence started, so wasn't a penalty. The other was a penalty.

Some fans always think the world is against them

Superb striker by Essien though, brilliant. I dont think many players would be able to reproduce something like that on their weak foot if they tried 100 times. Big players for big games though, tis what you pay the money for.

Comment

Even though i dont think either are playing well and are just cancelling each other out..me thinks Barca can think themselves lucky neither of them was given cos another ref might just have given at least one.

Comment

It didn't start outside the box, he was physical outside of the box but the foul itself started inside. The ref also didn't give the free kick from the point where that occurred.

Comment

Can't believe at least the first wasn't a penalty. Ref bottled it in my opinion.

The second was probably a case of Drogba's reputation preceding him and having had similar things happen with Ronaldo and been told by rival fans to "deal with it" I'll echo those thoughts.

Superb strike from Essien for the goal. Reminded me of Scholes' goal against Barca last season and I wonder if they are thiing "not again".

Chelsea are very much playing on the counter though.

Comment

Working...
                                X