No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I wish to defend FIFA, but the fact that Lens made an official complaint is surely the reason they were investigating this in the first place? I suspect that in a lot of cases where similar things have happened, clubs may have made a fuss in the press but not complained officially to FIFA.

I could be talking rubbish of course, just guessing really.

Comment

Yeah, it'll get appealed and the punishment will be put on hold until it's decided but Chelsea will have to deal with it hanging over their heads for another year or so.

Look how long the Mutu saga took this arbitration panel.

Comment

Anyone wonder if this'll be implemented in the new FIFA or Footy Manager???

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
          Anyone wonder if this'll be implemented in the new FIFA???
          If it's in the game, it's in the game!

Comment

From BBC:
            It is a rare punishment by Fifa although another European club - Switzerland's FC Sion - was told in April it could not sign players until the 2010 offseason.

This was punishment for their actions in luring Egypt goalkeeper Essam El Hadary in 2008 before his deal with Al-Ahly had expired.

Like Kakuta, El Hadary received a four-month ban from playing.

Sion have appealed to CAS, which has frozen the sanctions while it considers the case, allowing the club to trade before the current season began. A ruling is expected later this year.
            Bit harder to say anti-English seeing as there is a precedent. A lot of the stuff that Platini says about football, I actually agree with. It is a shame they waited until the English clubs were big to say it but a lot is valid. As it was when Serie A was in the ascendency due to cash.

Comment

I've been reading about the signing, getting stories from the time.

It seems Chelsea basically signed him the second he turned 16. He was too young for a professional contract before then and at the time it was said he wasn't under one...

Comment

got a helping of luck there but it was luck that was deserved. The way we put pressure on when we go behind is very encouraging.

Now we just need to stop giving away poor goals...

Comment

Need a strong performance tonight, if only to keep our heads raised for the spurs game (they'll want to beat us badly)

Comment

Dull first half. The weather is stopping Chelsea playing and that's suiting Porto fine.

Comment

Not great but at least we got the result. We weren't up for it at all really and for the last 15 minutes or so, porto really came at us.

Comment

Peter Kenyon has announced he's stepping down. Looks like it's retirement rather than quitting over the FIFA farce as he's going to be staying on in an advisory role.

Comment

C'mon Spurs!

Comment

I'd be happy with a draw, would love a win but that Chelsea line up looks bloody strong.

Comment

Defoe should have scored there.

Comment

We're playing some good stuff in the last few minutes, nice passing and some good chances. Come on Spurs!

Comment

Working...
                                X