No announcement yet.

Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Roma vs Juve certainly lived up to its billing as the first big match of the season. Excellent stuff, even if as a Roma supporter I was gutted by that last minute equaliser from Juve! Juventus still seem to be Juventus, typical of them to be second best and still get something from the game. Still not sure why the ref reversed that Roma throw and gave it to Juve though. Ranieri must have slipped the ref a fiver

The passing and movement of Roma was wonderful at times though. I hate to say it as a Spurs fan, but I agree with the Italian journalist from the pre-match talking: nobody in Europe plays football as easy on the eye as Roma and Arsenal. Just a shame from my pov that Roma couldn't put the finishing touch on some of their second half moves that would have given them a two goal cushion. Simone Perrotta was guilty of the most glaring misses.

Good stuff though, more quality matches like this should hopefully erase a few myths about Italian football. I found an interesting site here which shows that in the past 12 seasons since 1995/96, Serie A has had more goals per game than the Premiership 8 times! Not bad for league that's all about defending

Comment

Okay game today between Fiorentina and Juve, but it was more the crap refereeing that was the talking point than endless amazing play. Surely Fiorentina should have had a second penalty at the end when Vieri was wrestled to the ground?

Another Juve match as well, they're on it nearly every week! I hope channel 5 start showing some matches between the less glamorous clubs, just for a bit of variety.

Glad to see Roma back on track after their recent run of not so good results. I'm hoping they can stay involved in the title race for as long as possible this year, after Inter were able to stroll it last season.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
        Yeah, glad it's back, but it doesn't seem quite the same without James Richardson presenting!
        Hear, hear. I think it’s disgraceful he’s not on terrestrial TV somewhere. You can still get your fix of him on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast (so good!) and The Friday Football Show on Setanta (6:30pm).

Comment

**** me, actually on second thoughts she looks like a good replacement.

That's the one on Five, right?

Comment

Yup, that's her. She's certainly a lot easier on the eye than James Richardson, at least

I think it's safe to say that she's umm... not quite up to his standards when it comes to presenting a television show though! I remember once he had Roy Hodgeson as a guest and he said "And later on I'll be talking to our guest for today, Roy Hodgeson. How exciting." in a deadpan voice. Pure genius!

Milan vs Empoli this weekend, a rare non-Juventus match on Channel 5! Roma vs Napoli will probably be the most heated match of the weekend (big southern derby) but it's on Saturday so they couldn't pick it for TV.
            Last edited by EJG1980; 19-10-2007, 12:58.

Comment

Look out for me then, as I will be at the Milan match.

Comment

You'll need to hold up some kind of NTSC-UK sign so we can spot you Hope it's a good match for you. Shame the Roma vs Napoli match couldn't have got on TV though. 4-4! I knew that'd be a good match.

Comment

Pretty good match between Milan and Empoli yesterday, especially for the upset result of Empoli winning! Milan really are having a shocking start to the season, 10 points off the top of the table already. Ancelotti needs to make sure they progress in the Champions League as that's always saved him before when they haven't looked like mounting a serious title challenge.

Hope you had a good time Yorath and are enjoying the lakes

Comment

Well they didnt do that well last season either did they, even without the deducted points they still wouldnt have been close to winning the league, i think anyway lol im not a big fan of Italian football.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      Pretty good match between Milan and Empoli yesterday, especially for the upset result of Empoli winning! Milan really are having a shocking start to the season, 10 points off the top of the table already. Ancelotti needs to make sure they progress in the Champions League as that's always saved him before when they haven't looked like mounting a serious title challenge.

Hope you had a good time Yorath and are enjoying the lakes
                      Yes I had a great time, was sat right behind the Milan goal when Empoli scored. Milan should have been at least three up after 15 mins. Inzaghi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Shame I couldn't see Kaka play, but at least i saw Maldini. Cheaper than watching Sheffield Wednesday play as well.

Comment

Yeah, when you see some of the misses Inzaghi does it makes you wonder how on earth he has such a good goalscoring record!

BTW, my brother and I are going to Milan in March to see the Milan vs Sampdoria match. Did you buy tickets on the day or get them in advance? If it was on the day, is it easy enough to buy the tickets, find your seat, and all that rubbish?

Comment

Yes, I got the tickets n the day. Just walked up to the ticket office, outside the ground. If you want to sit with the proper Milan fans sit in the blue seats. I errored and sat in the green side, lots of kids with horns and little flags .
                          Make sure you take i.d when you buy tickets as well. I knew this and had my passport, the bloke in front of me had no i.d and they refused to sell him a ticket, then he had a mad rush back to his hotel.
                          Finding a seat was easy, but we sat elsewhere as i don't like children. On the way back home after the match jump on the trasm, they take you right into the heart of Milan and there are dozens of them outside the ground. No-one seemed to pay, so we didn't bother either.

Comment

Cheers mate, thanks for the info. My brother went to the Madrid vs Bremen Champions League match and bought the ticket on the day for about £22. Various web sites selling in advance wanted £60 + delivery!

Comment

Those places just feed off panic buyers, unless it's a massive game there will alwasy be seats availiable.

Comment

Milan vs Roma today, should be a cracking match! It was a great match last season, although Totti and Aquilani who were superb that day are injured. Should still be good though. I'm gonna have to record it though, off to White Hart Lane to see Spurs this afternoon.

Oh, and well done to Napoli for stuffing Juve yesterday Even if the two penalties were supposedly... umm... a tad on the dodgy side!

Comment

Working...
                                X