• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume he meant Heysel.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
      Just seen this.

Hillsborough had absolutely nothing to do with football violence or hooliganism. The Taylor report laid the blame exclusively at the feet of the Police who failed to deal with crowd congestion in one of the pens at the Leppings lane end of the ground.

I'm sure you meant no offence, but please do not link the two.
      I've read again my post. You're right. One may think I linked the Hillsborough disaster to football violence, but I didn't mean to. I just shouldn't have written "this problem".

Well, the "problem" solved after that tragedy was safety in a broader sense.

Comment

Good match on telly yesterday between Udinese and Roma. Lots of goals and action, and a great comeback by Roma after going a goal behind. Once again though, when Roma get a good win, so do Inter. It's looking less and less likely that Inter will make the slip ups Roma need to nick the title. Still a four point gap though, anything can happen!

It was a good day for Milan as well, with Samp, Undinese and Fiorentina all losing. I hope they end up in the UEFA Cup though, I'd really like Spurs to get drawn against them next season in that competition I wonder if not getting CL football would affect their Ronaldinho deal though?

Comment

Well it looks like the title will be on its way to Inter after Roma's 1-1 draw with Livorno. Gutted by the Totti injury too, could be out for up to six months but hope he makes it back sooner. The only match I can see Inter slipping up in would be the Milan derby but a loss there wouldn't be enough for Roma. Still, you never know, MAYBE Tornio could pull off a big upset today

Even so, I'm glad Roma kept in touch with Inter for longer this year than they did last season. Hopefully it'll be even better next year with a stronger Juventus, a rejuvenated Milan, hopefully a stronger Roma side too. It'd be good to get back to the likes of 2002 when Juve, Inter and Roma all had a chance to win the title on the final day of the season!

Milan vs Reggina today. Has to be a win for Milan unless they share my dream of playing Spurs in the UEFA Cup next season

Comment

Great display from Milan yesterday, really showed what they are capable of. With a few decent signings next season they could be right back up there. They were helped by Inter not showing up until the final fifteen minutes but a well deserved win for AC.

Roma beating Samp extends the title race for another week at least. I expect Inter to win it next week with a win over Siena though. Depends how Siena approach it; they're safe from the drop now so does that mean their minds will be on their summer holidays or will it allow them to play with freedom now they can't go down? As a Roma fan, I hope for the latter

Oh, Laura Esposto yesterday, superb

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
              Oh, Laura Esposto yesterday, superb
              Indeed

The Milan derby was a cracking game of football even if it did look one sided at times. Milan are looking good for 4th place and I expect Inter to win the title next at home to Siena - it's difficult to see them throwing it away.

If Milan succeed in getting Ronaldinho, that would be some coup for them - imagine Ronaldinho and Kaka playing in the same team next season!

According to the papers, Milan look set to sign Flamini on a free transfer from Arsenal.

Comment

God Arsenal must be gutted losing him on a Bosman.

Comment

Can't be arsed to talk about Spurs after we lost to Liverpool today, so I'm going to concentrate on Italy instead

Big credit to Siena today for putting the breaks on Inter's title celebrations. They're safe from relegation, nothing to play for, but they still put in the hard work to come from behind twice away to the reigning champions. Roma did their bit so there's only one point in it going into the final weekend of the season!

There's one of those nice football coincidence stories brewing for next week too. Back in 2002 Inter were managed by Hector Cuper, were top on the last day, but lost the title by losing to Roberto Mancini's Lazio. What an irony it would be if Hector Cuper's Parma now cost Roberto Mancini's Inter the title in the same way Of course, Lazio back in 2002 were a hell of a lot better than today's Parma, but you never know.

Looks like Milan have bottled it too after battling from way behind to nab fourth spot, only to throw it away again today! I personally hope Fiorentina hold on to fourth next week, it'll be nice to see them back in the Champions League again. Maybe they could end up having a rematch with Rangers

Comment

Well done Channel 5; they're showing both Parma vs Inter and Catania vs Roma (on Fiver) today. If Parma can stay up and Roma can win the title it'll be a great day. It's been a real shame to see how Parma have fallen since their glory days.

I'll be £36 richer if Roma can snatch the title, although I really wish I'd put the bet on when Inter were 11 points clear in February!

Comment

Ah bugger. It was looking good at half time but not to be. Maybe next year for Roma Sad to see Parma go down, but once it was clear that Inter had won the title I was glad Catania got their equaliser. They battered Roma in the second half and deserved to get the goal that kept them up.

Typical though, Ibrahimovic hardly ever turns up in the big games so naturally he comes on and grabs the headlines with the title winning goals!

Comment

lol @ AC Milan - will be playing the likes of Portsmouth and Man City in the UEFA Cup next season

Comment

It's not all bad, they might get to play the mighty Spurs In fact, I was really hoping for Milan to get into the UEFA Cup just for the chance that they might turn up at White Hart Lane next season. Not that I was unhappy at getting to see the likes of Getafe, Aalborg and PSV this season, but Milan would be a nice step up.

Comment

What was up with Parma this year then, **** players?

Comment

They've been fighting against relegation for a few years now. The company that owned the club went tits up in 2004 (I think) so all of a sudden they had to sell off their top players and had no money to bring in any quality. Been fighting a losing battle ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                                They've been fighting against relegation for a few years now. The company that owned the club went tits up in 2004 (I think) so all of a sudden they had to sell off their top players and had no money to bring in any quality. Been fighting a losing battle ever since.
                                They've been selling off their top players for as long as I can remember. I used to support them way back but then I sort of lost interest in Serie A and not really returned to it since. Not much of a supporter then...

Comment

Working...
                                X