Serie A 2007/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
    Milan vs Roma today, should be a cracking match! It was a great match last season, although Totti and Aquilani who were superb that day are injured. Should still be good though. I'm gonna have to record it though, off to White Hart Lane to see Spurs this afternoon.
    Milan are more and more losing interest in winning the league title. Their players are old and get tired easily.
    I reckon some serious change in the team should be done this year. Berlusconi must spend some of the money he earned last year. He can't keep on telling lies to Milan fans forever.

Oh, and well done to Napoli for stuffing Juve yesterday Even if the two penalties were supposedly... umm... a tad on the dodgy side!
    Oh no, a Juve hater
    This match was very interesting to watch, but the referee decided to ruin it. He needs more experience for Serie A indeed.

And what a chance Del Piero missed after Trezeguet had hit the post...

Comment

I'm not really a Juve hater, just a Roma lover, so a bit of friendly ribbing against the old lady is just for fun

I honestly hope Juve do really well this season as I'd like to see Roma, Juve, Inter and Fiorentina all up there challenging for the league title. If two or three teams could be in with a realistic shout of winning the league at the end of the season it'd be great. I would have included Milan in that list but wow, they have had a shocking start to the season!

I think the problem does lie with the age of most of their players. To win the league they need to do well every week for 38 matches. I reckon they prioritise the Champions League because it's much easier for them to play at full tilt in the CL once every few weeks than every single week in the league. They are great when they do play well though (as Man U found in the semi last year).

Glad to see Roma get the win though, especially with Inter only getting a draw, makes it tighter at the top again. Hopefully Roma will be even better once they get the likes of Totti, Aquilani and Taddei back from injury.

Comment

I'm not really a Juve hater, just a Roma lover, so a bit of friendly ribbing against the old lady is just for fun

I honestly hope Juve do really well this season as I'd like to see Roma, Juve, Inter and Fiorentina all up there challenging for the league title. If two or three teams could be in with a realistic shout of winning the league at the end of the season it'd be great. I would have included Milan in that list but wow, they have had a shocking start to the season!
        I don't think Juve and Fiorentina can win the title. They will be happy with being allowed to the Champions League.

I think the problem does lie with the age of most of their players. To win the league they need to do well every week for 38 matches. I reckon they prioritise the Champions League because it's much easier for them to play at full tilt in the CL once every few weeks than every single week in the league. They are great when they do play well though (as Man U found in the semi last year).
        What if they won't play well enough to access to the Champions League? That's quite possible if they keep on playing bad.

Glad to see Roma get the win though, especially with Inter only getting a draw, makes it tighter at the top again. Hopefully Roma will be even better once they get the likes of Totti, Aquilani and Taddei back from injury.
        That's good.
        The last season was so much boring. This year Inter won't win the league with ease, I hope.

Comment

Good match between Empoli and Roma on Sunday, although I'm really miffed that Roma threw away a 2-0 lead! A chance to close the gap on Inter gone begging, although a 3 point gap instead of 1 point is hardly a massive difference at this point in the season.

Stunning goals by Empoli to level up the match though, especially the first by Vannucchi, an absolutely stunning strike. Not sure about the injury time equaliser. It looked good, but I think John Barnes was right and it was probably meant to be a cross Still, if Vucinic had his shooting boots on Roma could have had more than a 2 goal lead.

Ah well, at least it's still tight at the top thanks to the Juve - Inter draw. Udinese and Atalanta are doing well to hang on to coattails of the top 4 as well.

Comment

What's that Italian woman all about

Comment

Didn't Ronaldo look dodgy with his hair. He reminded me of Benny from Crossroads.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                Didn't Ronaldo look dodgy with his hair. He reminded me of Benny from Crossroads.
                Yeah lol. He looks younger with it.

See the pirlo freekick? nice.

Comment

I'm missing all the Serie A action recently! All the recent Spurs home matches have been moved to Sunday so I'm out when the Italian footy is on, and I had a holiday that made me miss two weekends too. Wouldn't mind it so much if Spurs won more often

After tonight's results it looks like it's developing into a two horse race again this year between Inter and Roma. I think Roma will be able to hang on to Inter a lot better this time though, and I'd love to see them win it, but I think the depth of Inter's squad will see them champions again. It'll be interesting to see if Juve, Udinese and Fiorentina can haul themselves closer to the top two again in upcoming matches.

One time I shouldn't miss Serie A is the middle of next March though, confirmed the flights and hotels for a short stay in Milan for me and my brother. We'll be seeing Milan vs Sampdoria (unless it gets cancelled due to any crazy Serie A goings on ). Hopefully Milan won't still be searching for their first home win by then!

Comment

Thread revival! I went to Milan with my brother last week and we saw the Milan vs Sampdoria match. Very good match and the atmosphere was excellent (the Sampdoria fans were very noisy throughout and the Milan fans got going in the second half).

The main disappointment was Kaka getting injured and going off after ten minutes, but very good apart from that. Especially the ticket prices! We sat in the top tier of the red stand (on the side) for 10 Euros each, it was a great view as well. Makes me weep to think that I paid nearly £40 for a restricted view ticket for Spurs vs West Ham when you can see the world club champions for about £8.

Glad I took Yorath's advice to not sit in the green stand with all the kids. We were sat in between a very straight laced looking business man who was going nuts and screaming abuse at the players every chance he got, and a bloke in his 20's with his old Mum on the other side, again both going nuts over the smallest thing

Anyone thinking of watching a football match abroad, I highly recommend it, it's a great experience. Will have to try and get to a La Liga match at some point.

Serie A could be heading for a good finish. Inter's gap down to 4 points, if only Roma could have won the Rome derby it would have been down to 1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Roma can keep going and at least take it down to the last couple of matches, although I still expect Inter to do enough in the end. Did have a tenner on Roma though at 6/1 a couple of weeks ago, down to 2/1 now.

Comment

Especially the ticket prices! We sat in the top tier of the red stand (on the side) for 10 Euros each, it was a great view as well. Makes me weep to think that I paid nearly ?40 for a restricted view ticket for Spurs vs West Ham when you can see the world club champions for about ?8.
                      Yes, in Italy match tickets are much cheaper than in England.
                      And if you go watch a lower level match, it can be even cheaper.
                      Season tickets are cheap, too.
                      But you should consider that in some football stadiums there may be a lot of violent losers.

Glad I took Yorath's advice to not sit in the green stand with all the kids. We were sat in between a very straight laced looking business man who was going nuts and screaming abuse at the players every chance he got, and a bloke in his 20's with his old Mum on the other side, again both going nuts over the smallest thing
                      That's what happens everywhere, isn't it?
                      Serie A could be heading for a good finish. Inter's gap down to 4 points, if only Roma could have won the Rome derby it would have been down to 1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Roma can keep going and at least take it down to the last couple of matches, although I still expect Inter to do enough in the end. Did have a tenner on Roma though at 6/1 a couple of weeks ago, down to 2/1 now.
                      I hope Inter won't win the league, too
                      C'mon Roma

Comment

I watched Inter vs Juventus on Saturday night, and it was a good game to watch. Juventus played well and deserved to win. Juventus could have won it more comfortably when Del Piero had a great chance to make it 3-0 before Inter pulled one back to make it 2-1.

For a team that's suppose to be the best in Serie A, I don't think Inter are all that . I think Ibrahimovic in particular is really overrated.

Comment

More tragedy in Italy today. A bus containing nine Juventus fans was attacked and in his hurry to get away the driver ran over a Parma fan. The Juve vs Parma match was understandably called off. I find it impossible to understand how people can take supporting a football club to such extremes.

Shame about the results yesterday, I was really hoping Roma could cut the gap on Inter, but at least it didn't get any bigger. It seems like the injury Totti picked up in that game will keep him out of the Man U match, so big boost for them there.

Speaking of Europe, Milan lost at home again so maybe they'll end up playing Spurs in the UEFA Cup next season They've been overtaken by Udinese and Samp are level on points with them now as well. Surely Ancelotti will be shown the door if they don't get CL football?

Comment

More tragedy in Italy today. A bus containing nine Juventus fans was attacked and in his hurry to get away the driver ran over a Parma fan. The Juve vs Parma match was understandably called off. I find it impossible to understand how people can take supporting a football club to such extremes.
                            They aren't football fans, in my opinion.
                            They're [offending adjectives here] people who have got no goals in their life other than beat themselves up.

In England, after the Hillsborough disaster, you looked for a solution to this problem. In Italy, I think no one really cares.

Shame about the results yesterday, I was really hoping Roma could cut the gap on Inter, but at least it didn't get any bigger. It seems like the injury Totti picked up in that game will keep him out of the Man U match, so big boost for them there.
                            Cagliari are the toughest team to beat in the league at the moment.
                            Their determination to avoid relegation is amazing.

Speaking of Europe, Milan lost at home again so maybe they'll end up playing Spurs in the UEFA Cup next season They've been overtaken by Udinese and Samp are level on points with them now as well. Surely Ancelotti will be shown the door if they don't get CL football?
                            I don't think it's Ancelotti's fault.
                            Berlusconi only bought Pato after winning the Champions League. Milan players are very old and they can't keep on winning forever.

They deserve not to qualify to Champions League. So did Bayern M?nchen in Germany last year.

Comment

Good weekend in Italy although it seems as though the best matches were kept off TV! Would loved to have seen Roma's 3-2 win over Genoa or Palermo's 3-2 win over Juventus. The Atalanta vs Inter match wasn't too bad though.

Still a four point gap in the title race but the next round of fixtures looks like a really important one, Inter hosting Fiorentina and Roma away at Udinese. Very losable matches for both sides so I wouldn't be surprised if the gap was anywhere between 1 and 7 points after those matches! I'm holding out hope that Roma can stay close enough that Milan can beat Inter in the derby to cost them the title

Comment

Originally posted by Occasus View Post

In England, after the Hillsborough disaster, you looked for a solution to this problem. In Italy, I think no one really cares.
                                Just seen this.

Hillsborough had absolutely nothing to do with football violence or hooliganism. The Taylor report laid the blame exclusively at the feet of the Police who failed to deal with crowd congestion in one of the pens at the Leppings lane end of the ground.

I'm sure you meant no offence, but please do not link the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X