No announcement yet.

Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, and given the quality of their squad that says a lot about the lad.

Amusingly Bigfoot has been called up to the Scotland squad !

Comment

And scored too

Comment

Oh dear, so glad I didn't take a ticket for today. Was offered a couple but they were ?27 each and so passed them over, I'd have been gutted paying ?27 to watch that rubbish.

To be honest though it's been on the cards, struggled against Partick and I thought we were lucky against the Hibees, even though we won 3-0, they hit the post, had one cleared off the line and missed a few other chances.

Don't know if any of you guys (Rossco, TBL I'm looking at you) watched it earlier, but why oh why didn't they start the game like they finished it. We only started putting proper pressure on St Mirren with about 15 mins left. I know we can't win every game but it would be nice to compete with the then bottom team for the first 75 mins. Just didn't happen today

Comment

Yeah that was pathetic. Watched the first 60 minutes or so then got fed up and turned it off. Was gonna watch it later but found it it was 1-0 defeat so didn't bother.

Dunno what's going on with them at the moment. Did we only start trying after St Mirren scored then as what I watched was abysmal.

Just checked the match stats and as I thought, St Mirren had one shot on target, the goal! And we had 12 and couldn't convert one!

Comment

Yeah, it was pretty much just as you say, they only looked as if they were interested once St Mirren scored.

Personally I think it was Walter's team selection today, I wouldn't have chosen Adam or JCD, everything was going through the middle and St Mirren were coping with it well. We needed a couple of wingers in I reckon with Boyd in the middle.

It was A Nightmare on Love Street indeed.

Comment

It was A Nightmare on Love Street indeed.
              QFT. Absolute mare of a performance. Odd team selection to boot. JCD and Adam.....Never should have started, McG got his positioning all wrong for their goal.

Shocked that St Mirren weren't down to 10 men after thon tackle on Thomson,the ref was looking right at and never even gave a freekick.........Ridiculous.

Comment

Game postponed on Saturday. Shame about Eddie Thompson, man loved his club but tried to run it properly as well. 2nd loss in a week for them as well....

Comment

Yeah, saw game was postponed, right thing to do. A sad loss for Scottish football, Eddie Thompson as chairman of United cared about the fans who followed his club. He did so much for the team he loved.

Although he had prostate cancer I still got a shock when I heard the news earlier

Comment

So, if Spurs get relegated do you think we could get Alan Hutton back ?

Comment

That's so weird TBL, the very thought crossed my mind this morning when I saw the Spurs score.

We don't need him back anyway, we've got the white Cafu

Comment

Extract. Finger. Now.

Comment

Thought that was going to be a cricket score today.

Comment

Yeah, me too. When it was 4-0 after 28mins I thought it was gonna be a proper doin'. I'll settle for a just a doin' though We were simply on fire today, there were slick passing moves with some great finishing from the strikers (admittedly helped by some poor defending).

Walter started with a good team this afternoon with Davis, Mendes, Thompson and Novo in midfield with Boydy and Miller up front. Not an Adam nor a Darchville in sight.

I know it's only natural to take the foot off the gas a bit, but I wish they had kept the pressure on ICT in the second half. You never know if goal difference is going to play a part, still can't really complain.

Comment

You never know if goal difference is going to play a part
                              Yep, given the events of a few years ago it's something that can play a huge part. However, we did the business lets see if Celtic perhaps drop the ball today given the game midweek.

Comment

Bah, no such luck

Comment

Working...
                                X