No announcement yet.

Rangers 08/09 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always do this and I know I shouldn't, but every time we play really well against somebody (ICT on Sat) and we're up against any other team at Ibrox (except Celtic) I think we'll do the same again

Both teams played really well and I reckon it was a fair result, but it certainly was a missed opportunity. Zaluska pulled off a few really good saves, especially from Boyd, and it was without doubt McGregor's fault for their second.

Still, more than happy with the football being played just now, some really nice stuff. Although I would put Alexander back in goal, McGregor hasn't been as good since he came back from injury, been to blame for 1 or 2 against us recently.

Comment

First United game I haven't been to in a while. Looked at the score with 90+1 on the BBC website and we were winning 2-3, gutted we lost even though a draw is a good result at Ibrox.

From the highlights it looks as if you had a load of great chances in the second half. I thought our build up play for our first two goals was pretty good even if McGregor spilt it.

Comment

Need a performance today, been too many individual errors of late. Be interesting to see if Barry starts.....

Comment

Yeah, good point. I'd like to see him start, but not sure if he'll just fit in around Mendes and Davis, arguably to many similar players. You're absolutely right about needing a result, with Celtic winning yesterday we can't afford to drop many more points.

Need to dash, fast approaching kick off and am going up to my mates along the road to watch it. Gonna get soaked getting there, it's been heavy hail showers here all day and it looks like the heavens are just about to open again....

Comment

Good result, looked a bad one for Thomson though, looks like Barry will be back in team.

Edit: Broadfoot booking for a dive......Twas as stonewall as they get. Ref was most amusing yesterday.

Edit 2: Gutted, Thomson out for the rest of the season, cruciate ligament damage.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2008, 11:37.

Comment

No way Been busy with work today so didn't heard what the damage was. Cruciate ligament? Well as you say, that's him out for the rest of the season. Pity 'cause I reckon he's been our best midfielder in the past few games (although Mendes did put in a good showing against Dundee Utd I thought).

As the commentators were suggesting following the incident during the game, at least this will sort out Walter's selection headache about who to leave out in midfield now. Ferguson will just slot in Thomsons place.

Must admit, I did think Kirky dived when I first saw him fall over but the ref got it all wrong. We played like demons for 15mins at the beginning of second half, I just don't know why can't we play like that in the first? I'm sure I saw a ridiculous statistic about how we've only scored something like 1 goal in the first 20mins all season.

Another away game on Wed night at Fir Park, what's with all these away games? This'll be the 8th away game with only 5 being played at Ibrox so far.

Comment

Well Papac has signed his contract extension. Very underrated player, one of the best in our little run to the UEFA Cup final last year IMO. Game is on Setanta tonight, be interesting to see if my reception craps out again.......

Comment

damn you guys get the best draw in the CIS cup. Looking forward to a replay of last years final

Comment

Well, couple more results like last night and we can kiss any title chances good bye.

Comment

Another week were we play awesome stuff (thus far) and blow a team away.........Bets for the next game though ?

Oh, Boyd and Miller, what a partnership.

Comment

Have to agree with you on the Boyd/Miller partnership, is looking good and they both had a good game today, Boyd chipping in with another goal.

What a nervous last 15mins though!!! It really shouldn't come down to having to rely on MacGregor to make a brilliant save so we get 3 points against St Mirren at Ibrox.

We need to finish teams off and put away more of our chances. Although excellent, our striking duo can't do it all themselves, we need to score more from midfield I reckon. What I would give to have The Hammer back in his prime
                        Last edited by Armchair Critic; 16-11-2008, 20:36.

Comment

Christ, thank feck for Shagger.............That, amazingly, was another example of a game that could have gone either way but should have been wrapped up easy....I dunno, I'm no expert but there is obviously something right but at the same time very wrong......If you follow......

Edit: You're bang on btw, The Hammer on ML......with the team we have.......

/Dreams....

Thats perhaps the problem, the same problem we have had for a good while now. The left hand side.

Comment

Tell me how. Please. Someone.

F*cking ridiculous......

Comment

What is it? Rangers didn't play until 3pm and won!

Comment

I think TBL is referring to Boruc's karate kick late tackle on Dargo, fortunate not to see a red card methinks

Was a very poor performance in the first half this afternoon, Aberdeen certainly gave as good as they got, and probably deserved more than a draw at half time. Without Miller and Davis we just didn't seem to get off to the races. Much better in second half, although the Dons did have an effort cleared of the line by Mendes. Just grateful we managed to get ahead and stay in touch at the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X