No announcement yet.

Champions League 2009/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very poor performance from the officials gifted Inter an offside goal and denied Barca one of two very strong penalty claims. The champions league semi final and that's the best ref the game has to offer?

That said, Barca were as poor as I've seen them in a long time, only Xavi and Pique really looked interested the entire game, Messi to me looked tired, but Inter did a number on them. Tactically they did what Barca did to Arsenal, but they also rode their luck.

Personally I think Barca will beat them convincingly at the Camp Nou still.

Comment

the only thing that annoys me with Barca is their constant throwing themselves to the floor, Danny Alves reaped the reward for that as everybody knows he's like Drogba on ice as soon as anybody goes near him

was interesting to see Inter do such a number on them but like you say Jebus, Jose does seem to benefit from the luck of the devil at times, though he of course will point to big games where decisions go against him (he still has the hump at the phantom liverpool goal)

perfectly sets the second leg up as in the group stages it was 2-0 to Barca at home, but I think Inter seem to have come together as a team since then, at least in Europe if not in Serie A

Comment

I've not got a huge amount of pity for Barcelona not getting decisions for some odd reason...

Liverpool's phantom goal aside, there was the famous incident against Barcelona when drogba went for a ball in the air, got it before the keeper and somehow got a red card (despite the ref being in the other half of the pitch and only having a view of his back)

Anyone else find the sky commentary nauseating? Andy Gray at 80 minutes and 3-1 saying stuff like 'The next goal will be the one that really changes this game' (translation: 'we will go mental if Barcelona get a goal'). Every time Messi touched the ball it sounded like one of the two commentators needed to change their underwear, no matter how mediocre the effort. It's the "ROOOONEEEEY" thing taken to the next level.

Watch Sky Sports news in the morning and they were talking about how great Barcelona were (and trotting out all the stats to back this up) and barely mentioned the fact they lost.

Comment

I just hate how patronising Gray is! I like him but "little Messi" and "little Xavi" is just horrible to hear so many times.

Comment

Add the fact that everyone at Sky nearly always refers to how Jose is doing rather than how Inter are doing, to the list of annoyances. I especially enjoyed it when they mentioned that last year "Jose" failed to make it this far as he was knocked out by "Ronaldo" in the first knock-out round.

The only credit I'll give Gray last night was that he kept shooting down the co-commentator whenever he tried to suggest Barcelona's coach trip was an excuse for them not being at their best. A trip on a luxury coach that was split in half by an overnight stay in a luxury Caen hotel? Harrowing!

Comment

Out of interest, why did it take "24 hours" to get from Barcelona to Milan?

Comment

rarely have possession and passing stats hidden the reality of a game so much.

only Ibra & Abidal (a sub) completed less passes than any other Inter player on the pitch, Xavi completed nearly 100 passes.

Credit to Inter though for ensuring that this was not glorious Barca possession with end product but rather the Barca lite that us Arsenal fans are used to, all faffing, no product, then get caught on the break.

The trip had nothing to do with it, Inter did them.

Comment

I thought it was hugely telling toward the end when "little Xavi" showed his frustrations at nobody wanting the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                    I thought it was hugely telling toward the end when "little Xavi" showed his frustrations at nobody wanting the ball.
                    I took it as dual frustration at that, and the fact every time a puff of wind knocked him or Alves off their feet they weren't getting the constant free kicks they are accustomed to.

Makes me glad that the Barca tribute band, Barsenalona, that I support didn't get thru, Inter would squash us flat on this form.
                    Last edited by merf; 21-04-2010, 10:54.

Comment

Awful challenge from Ribery, well deserving a red, wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the guy's ankle is broken. Ribery isn't having the easiest of times at the moment...

Boring game so far otherwise.

Comment

Karma, that is all.

Comment

Yup, that wad a nasty one. Bayern should have been ahead, missed a few good chances, but I agree it's not that great thus far. How long is Ribery banned for, would he miss more than one match?

Comment

Yes boring match, with or without Rooney I'm sure we'd be out of sight by now.

Comment

A straight red card is 3 games isn't it? It might be 2, but either way Ribery would miss the final. Toulalon would be a 1 game ban because its 2 yellow cards.

Tuned in just after the Toulalon red, not much going on really.

Comment

Not much going on the whole match other than the card.

ITV's commentary lagging by 2 or so seconds is really distracting.

Comment

Working...
                                X