World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four.

Great display, one thing to note is that the German's have been unselfish and actually passing/crossing to each othe in and around the box.

So many teams including the Argies have been heading for goal and shooting on sight.

Comment

Is Messi going home without scoring a goal? Looks like it...

Yup, off he toddles.

That wasn't quite the result I was expecting.

Comment

Messi has been completely anonymous. Another great league player found lacking on the world stage.

Comment

England are better than Argentina! At least we (officially) scored one against Germany!

Argentina are rubbish, worst team at the World Cup and so forth.
          Last edited by ezee ryder; 03-07-2010, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
            Is Messi going home without scoring a goal? Looks like it...
            Yeah, he's been a bit of a mess.

Comment

Germany are surely nailed on to win the cup, seeing as this time they aren't going to be afflicted by the Ballack curse

Comment

Fair play to the Germans, they absolutely battered Argentina.

The decision to leave Zanetti and Cambiasso out of the Argentina squad looks even more folly now.
                Last edited by Kongster; 03-07-2010, 15:56.

Comment

Germany are an extremely well-conditioned team, who play their best players in roles that suit their strengths, and every player sticks to the team strategy. No fancy dans doing their own thing, they play solid defence with effective attacking football, always looking to take the ball to the opposition when they possess it. Even under the cosh they always looked like scoring.

Their fitness levels are superb.

Comment

Yep, shocking defence, again just shows that great players don't make great teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                      Hold on a minute. All of a sudden Argentina are ****? Seriously?! That is a ridiculous statement.

Sure, they haven't been at their best today but some credit must go to Germany for that. They have been fantastic, superb even. To think, Ozil hasn't even really been in the game and Germany are 3-0 up.
                      All of a sudden? Have you been following them throughout the recent years?

As long as Maradona is their coach, its a clueless team without any strategy and with an utterly horrible defense. That Romero plays in our league, he's a complete joke.

I was surprised that they advanced to the 2nd round, although some of their goals were kind of shady. They've robbed Mexico afterwards. Its seriously impressive that they've managed to reach the final 8 with this mess.

I gave Germany credit, they are the most fun to watch on this tourney. On forehand I thought Brazil - Germany would become the final as both teams were clearly the best and most deadly.

But Argentina? ****.

Comment

Superb performance from Germany, wouldn't mind seeing them win. Podolski is like a train! Up and down the wing all day long.

Comment

Should be interesting to see Maradonna's post match interview after saying they wouldn't lose.

Gutted i left Higuian in and Meuller out of my fantasy football team

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            Germany are an extremely well-conditioned team, who play their best players in roles that suit their strengths, and every player sticks to the team strategy. No fancy dans doing their own thing, they play solid defence with effective attacking football, always looking to take the ball to the opposition when they possess it. Even under the cosh they always looked like scoring.

Their fitness levels are superb.
                            German efficiency, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                              German efficiency, innit?
                              Yeah

Thing is, they're not one of these hyper-negative, scared to lose teams. They actually look to attack, and don't rely on oposition mistakes to venture forward. They are slick and creative. They set their stall out early doors at this WC and have excelled as a team. I've got a lot of respect for this German team.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X