World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
    The first bitter Scot to show his colours. How boring.
    How about **** off.

Thats the way its been in Scotland for years and will continue to be for years to come, whether its bitter jealousy or friendly rivalry, it doesn't matter, get over it. It's incredibly old news that Scotland fans don't support England.

Comment

The amount of empty seats in some of these games is ridiculous. Some creative marketing and pricing would have solved this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        The amount of empty seats in some of these games is ridiculous. Some creative marketing and pricing would have solved this problem.
        Yeah I was wondering about that. I can't remember a previous world cup with such a low turnout. The Korea vs Greece game being a prime example

Comment

I couldn't hear the commentary in the pub, why was Milner hauled off?

More to the point why the hell was he replaced with sweet potato, what a pile of sh*te.

Comment

This Algeria v Slovenia game is pretty awful so far, but there are some quality haircuts on display.

Comment

God this game is poor.

I'm still enthusiastic about this tourney, but so far I couldn't rate it very highly, it's mostly average:

SA v Mexico - 6 Bletches out of 10
              France v Ur - 2 Bletches out of 10
              South Korea v Greece - 6 Bletches out of 10
              Argentina v Nigeria- 7 Bletches out of 10
              England v USA - 5 Bletches out of 10

No really good games for me so far, too many lulls. No 'big' team has looked great.

Plus the missus is giving me grief about the horns now. Apparently it's not like white noise, it's just f'ing annoying.
              Last edited by prinnysquad; 13-06-2010, 12:00. Reason: edited to reflect change of heart

Comment

I thought we were shocking tbh. Bright start with a good first goal but it went quickly downhill after that.

I don't think anyone played particularly well. USA were happy to just sit back and let us keep possession and then mop up any danger when it arose. Rooney to all intents and purposes might as well have been playing Fifa 2010 in his hotel room, he was that ineffective. I don't actually think i saw him involved in the first half.

He was dropping way to deep. I know he was double marked but god almighty, instead of dropping deep he should have gone forward to drag his markers out of position and create space behind for donkey to exploit. They were just getting in each others way with no room to operate effectively.

Donkeys one on one with the keeper was diabolical. Was he aiming for the orange target in goal????

In fact though, nobody really stood out. It reminded me very much of the previous friendlies. No urgency, no quick one touch passing and no idea. I didn't subscribe to the idea along with almost every other blinkered hack that the US were cannon fodder as they are not a bad side, but even so, i expected to win.

Lennon looked quite lively at times and johnson behind didn't look to bad but he still worries me defensively. But overall we were very poor and against better opposition who can move the ball from defense to attack quickly, we will be annhilated.

I'm not entirely sure that Capello will drop Robert Green for his howler either. Yes it was a magnificent cock up but I think Capello will give him the benefit of the doubt rather than draft in Calamity James or Hart (who i would have started with). His confidence would be shot to pieces if he drops him now and that would do him no good what so ever. At least its a relatively easy couple of games next (famous last words)

First game has gone and we didn't lose so it's not all doom and gloom.

Having said that I don't feel that we're good enough to get beyond the Quarters or the possibly even the second round depending on the draw, without improving dramatically.

Comment

I thought the Argentina game was by far the best one so far, followed by SA v Mexico. Can't wait for the Brazil game though.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

Plus the missus is giving me grief about the horns now. Apparently it's not like white noise, it's just f'ing annoying.
                    Lol, With your missus on that one. Sounds like a swarm of bee's constantly buzzing round the stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                      I thought the Argentina game was by far the best one so far, followed by SA v Mexico. Can't wait for the Brazil game though.
                      Anyone else watch the Argentina game when the team was displayed on screen and think "F**k Me"

Awesome team (other than gutierrez), lol

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                        Anyone else watch the Argentina game when the team was displayed on screen and think "F**k Me"
                        Yeah, they're a stunning side on paper, but haven't really lived up to it in recent years. Still, long way to go yet, there's no way they'll not be in the next round. And just wait till Spain play on Wednesday, thats a stupidly good teamsheet.

Falling asleep watching this one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post

Perhaps a discussion for another time, or maybe it's already been done, but I find that a really sad thing to read. If Scotland, Wales or Ireland are playing I always support them. Unless they are playing against England I'd always want them to win.
                          I agree its all a bit Pathetic really . Its that sad kind of attitude that means we'll never have a British Football side compete in the UK 2012 Olympics .

I though it was great Yesterday, Me my brother , my mates and the Girlfriends all out in the Beer Garden in the lovely sunshine, having a beer & getting ready to watch and cheer on England (like most of the locals in the Pub) . The Tournament is far better for having England in it, than not it in it .Fair play to the English fans that just packed the stadium out and not a empty seat or any trouble in site , that what you call football fans FIFA (how about giving us the world Cup)

I'll always cheer England , the only issue to me is the horrendously bias Press, the never changing never ending ... This is our best prepared side, the best chance of wining it, and we can win in it ECT. That's what gets me .

Anway what another **** game this is , and those horns are really starting to grate . Looking forward to the German game , and then the Dutch to inject some quality and colour, in this pretty dull World Cup
                          Last edited by Team Andromeda; 13-06-2010, 12:13.

Comment

Rossco - you're right, adjusted accordingly. The first half was good.

The European teams continue to look awful. They must have got through fair and square, but Greece and Slovenia are ****e to watch. Still, the latter have themselves to blame, choosing a shirt that camouflages them against the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post

Awesome team (other than gutierrez), lol
                              Then you consider the players on the bench like Milito, and the players they've left behind like Zanetti and Cambiasso, and it's an even bigger "F**k Me"

Comment

Algeria Slovenia is one of the worst games of football I've seen in a while so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X