World Cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    My predications, the bbc will catlick Sven, the ball will be a hyper penny floater filled with helium and England will be defeated by the hot conditions(and the bobbins squad)

I reckon the usual suspects to win it from Italy, Germany, Brazil with Spain an outside shot.
    The trusted source of all the latest breaking news, sports, finance, entertainment and lifestyle stories.

One of my predictions has come true.

Penny floater - Check!

Comment

Nike ad is ok but its not a patch on the older ads, Brasil in the airport, Eric Cantona 'secret tournament' on the ship (the Junkie XL Elvis one), Edgar Davids & Bierhoff stealing a precious football from a museum (only good Adidas one I recall) are all way better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        Nike ad is ok but its not a patch on the older ads, Brasil in the airport, Eric Cantona 'secret tournament' on the ship (the Junkie XL Elvis one), Edgar Davids & Bierhoff stealing a precious football from a museum (only good Adidas one I recall) are all way better for me.
        Have you seen any of the extra footage that accompanies it yet? Rooney having the hump about that Ribery sign with the painted France colours on his body for instance. Quite good I reckon.

I love the bit with Fabregas et al chucking the papers away! And the homer Ronal-doh!

Comment

Sorry merf, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

For sheer star quality cameos, style, direction and concept, it outshines any Nike footie ad from the last 10-15 years in every aspect.

The three ads you mention (including the museum one) were all Nike ads, and they were all very good, but none of them were remotely as good as this one.

Comment

Ohhhh GOD that advert is good!

Comment

Amazin advert it really is. Will be good to see England Vs Mexico and who is trying to play out of their skin to get into Capello`s squad.

Comment

Be interesting to see who gets skanked by the pitch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Sorry merf, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

For sheer star quality cameos, style, direction and concept, it outshines any Nike footie ad from the last 10-15 years in every aspect.

The three ads you mention (including the museum one) were all Nike ads, and they were all very good, but none of them were remotely as good as this one.
                  Agreed. The old ads are still brilliant, classics even but this new one crams so much in. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Be interesting to see who gets skanked by the pitch too.
                    To think all English Pudits used to moan about the Millenium stadium pitch and how they couldn't wait for Football to return to Wembley for a decent pitch . Even being up in Row 27, one could see the Pitch was in an awful state.

Comment

What made it even more tragic was to compare it with the pitch in Madrid for the Champions League final. In a place where the weather makes it far harder to keep a nice even green playing surface they do a bloody fantastic job.

Makes me wonder if the pitch problems at Wembley are more fundamental than just the choice of turf.

Comment

Apparently the Real groundsman is British. Wembley will always be crap while they muck about with it for other stuff. You can't put boards over it with tarmac on or have concerts and expect it not to suffer. It's all about money.

Comment

the Real groundsman is the ex Arsenal chap who did Highbury and first season at Emirates I believe, they poached him and he clearly knows his stuff.

The Real pitch is also all grass/soil, as Highbury was, the Emirates is at the max % of synthetic/sand you are allowed.

edit :-

Arsenal Football Club Official Website: get the latest Arsenal FC news, highlights, fixtures and results. Become a free digital member for exclusive content.

Last edited by merf; 24-05-2010, 12:53.

Comment

the Real groundsman is the ex Arsenal chap who did Highbury and first season at Emirates I believe, they poached him and he clearly knows his stuff.
                            The old Highbury pitch was the best Pitch I've ever seen at a Football match.

Comment

Does the tiny roof opening have any bearing on the ****e pitch?
                              If you compare it to somewhere of similar size like the Bernabeu, the roof hangs out quite a bit further.

Comment

The pitch is ****e because they keep replacing it, removing it to accomodate the concerts, the American football, the monster trucks. They have to put these events on to pay for the stadium.

However, ask a decent groundsman. A pitch needs to be cultivated, cared for properly, not ripped up every few weeks so Muse can play there.

Comment

Working...
                                X