No announcement yet.

Premier League 2010/11 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Davies rag your old boy earlier? And something about a Robinson foul? Have to see those on MOTD.

I bet Wenger saw all of those incidents, the Thunderbirds Puppet wrinkly old todge.

Comment

I'm not even saying that Cahill shouldn't have gone (though general consensus seems to be that he shouldn't)...If the ref gives the blatent foul on Chung Yong though, it doesn't happen.

How can a ref decide against that, not give advantage to a player and then send a player off the other end as a direct response?

3-1 against 10 men, shock horror.

I'm sure Wenger will be out saying how it was wrong to send Cahill off, and Chung Yong should have had a free-kick, because Arsenal are all about fairness nowadays, right? There's not a manager in the league I dislike more than Wenger.

4-1 thanks Atwell.
      Last edited by Jebus; 11-09-2010, 15:36.

Comment

It said Cahill went in two footed on SSN but still harsh. Have to see that one tonight on tv.

Catermole is such a joke, Bruce needs to bin him. Blackpool 2 up now!

Comment

Haha, at the end of the summary on BBC Final Score at Citeh (or Spuz, according to Juans), you heard some bloke nearby say, crystal clear, 'referee's a wanker!'

Wigan Headline tonight: Escape By Alcaraz.
          Last edited by prinnysquad; 11-09-2010, 15:57.

Comment

I still can't work out why we've loaned Wigan our 2nd keeper. Since he came in they stopped getting battered.

Surely we WANT them to lose?

Comment

Happy with a point. Shouldn't be really, but thanks to chav mong tossrag Captain Knacker, happy to escape with a draw. Shame for Gyan, he could have had all the headlines there. Cracking play by Henderson, too.

Iain Dowie reckoned that he'd been talking to Maggie at some golf do, and Maggie said the big boys were circling around Henderson. I reckon if he has a good season he'll go in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                I'm not even saying that Cahill shouldn't have gone (though general consensus seems to be that he shouldn't)...If the ref gives the blatent foul on Chung Yong though, it doesn't happen.

How can a ref decide against that, not give advantage to a player and then send a player off the other end as a direct response?

3-1 against 10 men, shock horror.

I'm sure Wenger will be out saying how it was wrong to send Cahill off, and Chung Yong should have had a free-kick, because Arsenal are all about fairness nowadays, right? There's not a manager in the league I dislike more than Wenger.

4-1 thanks Atwell.
                just back from the game and not seen any punditry.

ref apepared to have a general stinker, I'm really not sure on the big talking points tho so looking forward to match of the day.

thought Arshavin had a stonewall pen turned down in the first half, thought Davies should have seen a 2nd yellow for aerial assault and thought the red may have been harsh.

the Bolton Korean chap kept crumpling in a heap the whole game so no surprise he didn't get much.

Bolton started quite brightly and tried to play football then it all got a bit niggly and the approach seemed to be a bit more robust shall we say.

The foul on Diaby that led to him going off shortly after coming on seemed quite nasty.

Lots of talking points and after only seeing live I'll reserve judgement, quite happy though with the result and the 4th goal was a real piss take, sorry jebus !

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                  the Bolton Korean chap kept crumpling in a heap the whole game so no surprise he didn't get much.
                  I thought most of your post was fair game but you must have written this with a bit of tongue in cheek, right?

Comment

Depending who u support your view of things can be massively distorted, I thought arshavin was on then end of clog the whole 1st half.

In the 2nd my genuine view was your chap was falling over a bit looking for fouls, he wasn't alone on the pitch in doing it as we had eboue on display.

Do you think he was on the end of some stick jebus ?

Comment

He's always targeted in games because he's a good skilful player. I would have thought you, as an Arsenal fan, would appreciate that!

Comment

Well, Song definitely tripped the Bolton dude, and Cahill's tackle was a yellow at most. Piss Poor officiating. Other than that, the goals were decent. Even Elmander couldn't miss from there. The passing of Fabregas was sublime - it'll be a tough task for Arsehole Whinger to replace him when he pisses off to Barcelona.

Song looks like someone has emptied the contents of a hoover bag over his head.

Edit:

Nice. Last fixture shown twice in a row, with no analysis.

Twatermole's first yellow was not a yellow card, a ridiculous pussy decision based on his rep. But it's a rep he's earnt, so no arguments there. As I said earlier he'd have got another yellow anyway, playing at his old ground. He's too stupid not to lunge in to prove a point to his old fans; and far too emotionally charged and technically deficient to make clean tackles. He ends up punishing fans and teammates. Other players give blood and guts 100% effort without getting masses of yellows.

On the other hand, Henderson's shimmy and ball, and Gyan's finish, were technically excellent. Wigan's equaliser was a joke, but they'd had plenty of chances, none more so than the one-yard-open-goal header some dude missed.

Apparently Bramble had another good game. Where are all the screw-ups? Also quite pleased to see players go up to mong chav after the sending off, it shows there's some team spirit there anyway.
                        Last edited by prinnysquad; 11-09-2010, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          Well, Song definitely tripped the Bolton dude, and Cahill's tackle was a yellow at most. Piss Poor officiating. Other than that, the goals were decent. Even Elmander couldn't miss from there. The passing of Fabregas was sublime - it'll be a tough task for Arsehole Whinger to replace him when he pisses off to Barcelona.
                          Yup, I'll second that.

How Robinson got away with this without even giving away a freekick is mind boggling.

Bolton were lucky they only had one player sent off, even if that player was just a scapegoat for the ref's earlier ****up with Davies.

Comment

I guess Robinson got away with it the same way Gallas got away with getting Mark Davies stretchered off last year?

Atwell in general is just a poor referee. He changed the game yesterday with some incredibly poor decisions. At 1-1 it was a good game, a fair contest and then he (and his lino) missed a blatent foul then gave a red (incorrectly) and it finished the game off.

The best referee is one you don't notice (within reason) and Atwell absolutely ruined the match yesterday.
                            Last edited by Jebus; 12-09-2010, 10:57.

Comment

They didn't even show the Robinson and Davies challenges on MOTD.

My, I enjoyed the 3 minutes they showed of our game.

Comment

The Robbo one isn't as bad as that capture above makes out, it was mistimed but he only had eyes for the ball. He should probably have been booked for it though, definitely a foul.

Not seen the Davies one, unless we are talking about the 50/50 header? No way that was a foul, both players only looking at the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X