Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, hoped for a more interesting final

Comment

Whats more interesting than Liverpool? Think they deserved it on the balance of the entire game. Everton shaded a cagey first half but Liverpool dominated the second and Everton could do nothing but retreat deeper and deeper and hope to hit Liverpool on the counter attack.

Comment

As soon as Distin picked that ball up I knew a short backpass was coming.

What a soft way to give the game away.

Comment

Good pressure from the reds too.

Comment

I didn't really see much of the game to be honest so I can't comment on anything other than the stupid goal given away. I know Everton's goal was also fortunate but at least the defenders were in a tight situation, their own box.

Comment

The situation was hardly tight. Cahill, whilst close, still gave them plenty of opportunity to get it away. They must have both stood there waiting for the other one for a good while and eventually Carragher made a mess of it. Also Jelavic was offside supposedly, extremely difficult to call though, I always thought it was 'clear daylight' too but Burley for ESPN reckons its anything able to score a goal past the last defender.

Comment

From the replays it looked like maybe half of his boot was ahead of the play, which is technically offside (Burley is right about the rule) but I'd prefer it if the rule was daylight, it's so annoying to see offsides given for something as tight as "leaning" offside. It should be like the way a ball has to be fully across the line for a goal, a player should have to be fully ahead of the play for offside.

I've been excited about going to Wembley all week, but now it's only hours away I'm bricking it! Yet another semi-final defeat would be so depressing, it'd be six in a row! Come on Spurs, time for a big big performance.

Comment

Thanks Liverpool to finally catch a win, means Newcastle are now pretty much a cert for europe (I was expecting relegation so...yay)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                    The situation was hardly tight.
                    In their own box with any amount of pressure to get the ball clear is a tight situation. It only takes a second to be closed down.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                      Thanks Liverpool to finally catch a win, means Newcastle are now pretty much a cert for europe (I was expecting relegation so...yay)
                      I can honestly say that I hope NUFC push on and snatch a Champions' League place.

Comment

Ghost goal for Chelsea. Apparently the ball doesn't have to go into the goal net to be a goal anymore? Atkinson, why do you consistently fail at life every week?

That is as bad as it comes really. I mean, people can debate penalty and handball decisions until the cows come home and it all falls down to interpretation. But when the ball doesn't even need to go into the goal net to be classed as a goal anymore, that really is shenanigans of the highest order.

If Atkinson could not tell if it was a goal (and given it wasn't a goal, by implication he could not have seen it) then he shouldn't have given it. Simple as. Even the Chelsea players didn't think it was a goal until Atkinson gave it.
                        Last edited by sj33; 15-04-2012, 18:38.

Comment

Hmm maybe atkinson has had a nice payoff from abramovich. I'm not even joking.

Comment

Chelsea deserved to win, don't get me wrong. You can't argue with a 5-1 scoreline.

I just hope that doesn't result in people forgetting that non-goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                              Hmm maybe atkinson has had a nice payoff from abramovich. I'm not even joking.
                              Sounds like a good analysis, mate. Wonder why Abramovich didn't pay his way through that much needed CL trophy though. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                Chelsea deserved to win, don't get me wrong. You can't argue with a 5-1 scoreline.

I just hope that doesn't result in people forgetting that non-goal.
                                The non goal was a key moment. The ref was stupid beyond belief to give it.

Comment

Working...
                                X