No announcement yet.

F.A Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say champions league football and the league title is the most important thing for the big premier league clubs now.

Comment

This game isn't holding my interest very much. Hope Liverpool come out all guns blazing to liven things up.

Comment

Well that was a bit ****.

Liverpool didn't even turn up until the 50 minute mark.

Rant: Spearing isn't Liverpool quality. He gave away the ball for the first goal and his passing was utterly shocking - need a good defensive half to let Gerrard attack. The teams got no pace at all, play too defensive and are crying out for a proper finisher.

Also, Drogba diving around like a fanny holding his leg all the time is really started to get on my nerves.

Comment

Winning trophies does matter... unless you win them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Well that was a bit ****.

Liverpool didn't even turn up until the 50 minute mark.

Rant: Spearing isn't Liverpool quality. He gave away the ball for the first goal and his passing was utterly shocking - need a good defensive half to let Gerrard attack. The teams got no pace at all, play too defensive and are crying out for a proper finisher.

Also, Drogba diving around like a fanny holding his leg all the time is really started to get on my nerves.
            Lucas is the answer to all your problems. If he gets back ok from his injury that is. I would have to say, though, that Gerrard is nowhere near the player he was and I don't think he simply has the ability to get up and down from midfield anymore. So he'd play behind the main striker, then you get all the idiots mouthing off about how Gerrard must play centrally in the team. Check out his most productive seasons at the club and you'll find he played right wing and second striker for those seasons.

Also, where did the 170mil come from? Thought it was 110 and even then that's net spend. They sold a fair few players and recouped lots back. But that discussion would be too sensible. I definitely agree the money spent has, so far, been poor value but headline figures are misleading.

Finally, on Carroll's last few weeks he has to start next season with the pairing of him and Suarez. Big Andy has been doing well for the last month or two but now some goals are beginning to creep in too.
            Last edited by Adrock; 06-05-2012, 09:01.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              I would say champions league football and the league title is the most important thing for the big premier league clubs now.
              That may explain why Souness, Evans and Houllier all had to walk , even though they won Cup's . Anyway well done Chelsea hope they win the Champion league too

Comment

Forgot to mention, Chelsea definitely deserved the win. Well done do them, lets hope they can do Bayern at Bayern.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                  Lucas is the answer to all your problems. If he gets back ok from his injury that is. I would have to say, though, that Gerrard is nowhere near the player he was and I don't think he simply has the ability to get up and down from midfield anymore. So he'd play behind the main striker, then you get all the idiots mouthing off about how Gerrard must play centrally in the team. Check out his most productive seasons at the club and you'll find he played right wing and second striker for those seasons.

Also, where did the 170mil come from? Thought it was 110 and even then that's net spend. They sold a fair few players and recouped lots back. But that discussion would be too sensible. I definitely agree the money spent has, so far, been poor value but headline figures are misleading.

Finally, on Carroll's last few weeks he has to start next season with the pairing of him and Suarez. Big Andy has been doing well for the last month or two but now some goals are beginning to creep in too.
                  Still need some decent wingers and a proper finisher once Lucas is back. I agree with you about Carroll. He might not have the goal tally to back him up, but his put in some superb performances.

I do wonder if they'll stick with Kenny or search for somebody else after this season.

Comment

Working...
                  X