No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool get first dibs on Hazard in a year's time, I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
      Shame to see Joe Cole go abroad rather than play for a prem team, but it sounds like it might be to sweeten a deal for another player...
      I actually like it when English players go abroad and try something new, always interested in seeing how they get on, I think a few more should spread their wings a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
        Shame to see Joe Cole go abroad rather than play for a prem team, but it sounds like it might be to sweeten a deal for another player...
        To be honest, more English players should be willing to play overseas.

All this moaning about England suffering because talent isn't being nurtured but there's little stopping players from learning a language and getting regular first team football overseas at Champions league or Europa level. Aside from the fact they probably get more sitting on the bench here than they do playing every week in Europe of course...

*edit*

One minute apart... Get out of my head! ;_;

Comment

I typed it first, clearly you're the one in my head I wouldn't recommend staying though, nothing but rubbish in there.

Comment

Rumours that Chelsea are getting Ribery which is out of the blue (and into the blue *baddum tsh*).

Looks like the Premier League could soon experience his dashing good looks.

Comment

Lock up your daughters, etc.

Comment

Sky Sports News are reporting that Scott Parker to Spurs has been completed. Clearly the winner of most surprising transfer of the day!

On the Spurs web site now, done and dusted. That should see Palacios completing his move to Stoke now too.
                Last edited by EJG1980; 31-08-2011, 13:45.

Comment

Arsenal seem to be ruling themselves out of a lot of players at the moment, weird.

Comment

It's the new way of announcing transfers. We'll rule ourselves out of every single player in the world aside from one, and then he'll turn up in the Swansea match

Comment

Blimey, Asamoah Gyan has handed in a transfer request to Sunderland, according to the BBC.

Comment

Allegedly it's just a bit of paper that says "CROUCH?! Are you ****ing serious?!"

Comment

Bruce probably misinterpreted it and replied "I know you can hardly believe it, but I promise it's true! Try to contain your excitement!"

Tom Huddlestone on Twitter: "Earlier turned out to be a new cleaner, sorry for confusion hahaha"

Barsteward

Comment

Expert trolling from Huddlestone, there

Comment

Where was the Gyan request reported? Haven't seen it.

Poulsen has joined Evian. Clearing all the rubbish Hodgson carted in.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                                Where was the Gyan request reported? Haven't seen it.
                                It was on the BBC Sport live transfer update page, just a couple of lines from one of their reporters.

...and the BBC are now saying that they "understand" he hasn't handed in a transfer request. Make yer minds up!
                                Last edited by EJG1980; 31-08-2011, 15:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X