Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Apparently Lambert became aware of the fact that Plough Boy had reneged on his agreement to buy me beers for the remainder of the year if NCFC finished higher than SAFC. He has therefore tried to resign in disgust.
    An agreement which existed purely in your head!!
    I'm totally gutted. If he and Holt go it'll be the heart of the team ripped right out.
    I'd like to see Hughton get the job or Super Malky.
    Knowing my luck it'll be Brooooooce.

Comment

New Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers vows to "fight for his life" to bring success and ultimately the title to Anfield.

Have to say, even though I'm skeptical about his appointment I thought he made a really good first impression and said all the right things.

Comment

Happy we got Lambert...thought the 2 clowns in charge at Villa would saddle us with another loser like Mick Macarthy Or Avram Grant seeing how they are clueless buffoons. Can keep Holt, definition of the journeyman clogger trying to cash in on the best season he will ever have. Couple of others in the midfield area might be good to snatch tho

Comment

Turkish side Fenerbahce sign Liverpool's 31-year-old Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt on a three-year contract.

Pretty shocked to read Kuyt has left. Always gave 100%, but I guess with the new policy in place getting rid of aging players will become more commonplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
            I'd like to see Hughton get the job or Super Malky.
            You've got your wish! Ex-Spurs, always a good choice I think Hughton should do well at Norwich. He was unlucky to get the boot from Newcastle and did really well with Birmingham in tough circumstances.

In not so good news, Niko Kranjcar has left Spurs. His best position for us was on the left and that spot was taken by Bale, so he wasn't going to get in the team but he was too good to spend all his time on the bench. So although I'm sad to see him go I'm glad he'll be getting first team football again.

Apparently the fee from Dynamo Kiev is around ?7 million which is great business considering we only paid ?2.5 million to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
              You've got your wish! Ex-Spurs, always a good choice I think Hughton should do well at Norwich. He was unlucky to get the boot from Newcastle and did really well with Birmingham in tough circumstances.

In not so good news, Niko Kranjcar has left Spurs. His best position for us was on the left and that spot was taken by Bale, so he wasn't going to get in the team but he was too good to spend all his time on the bench. So although I'm sad to see him go I'm glad he'll be getting first team football again.

Apparently the fee from Dynamo Kiev is around ?7 million which is great business considering we only paid ?2.5 million to sign him.
              Dont worry I'm sure 'arry will have that transfer down to ?5m by the end of the week

Comment

I felt sorry for Hughton when he got the boot from the Mags. He was a victim of the vicious turncoat Ashley administration, which showed its true Thatcherite colours that day.

Good luck to the bloke at Norwich.

Comment

As a Birmingham fan I'm gutted to see him go but he deserves a chance in the premiership.
                  Our club is a mess at the moment with no sign of anything being resolved anytime soon.

Good luck to him.

Comment

Change of thread title to 2012/13 needed, I think. The fixtures for next season are out already!

The opening day:

Arsenal v Sunderland
                    Everton v Manchester United
                    Fulham v Norwich City
                    Manchester City v Southampton
                    Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
                    Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City
                    Reading v Stoke City
                    West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool
                    West Ham United v Aston Villa
                    Wigan Athletic v Chelsea

The full list is here.

Comment

Man Utd away from home on opening day!? Shock horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Man Utd away from home on opening day!? Shock horror.
                        Presumably because the champions get to start at home and Citeh and Uni-Ted can't both be at home same day? No idea, just guessing.

Comment

Bad news for Gooners: RVP says he will not be extending his contract at Arsenal.

Comment

Been saying it for weeks now.

Comment

Do we have any Norwich fans on here?

If so, please stop trying to buy my favourite Leeds players. Thanks alot. bye xx

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                                Do we have any Norwich fans on here?

If so, please stop trying to buy my favourite Leeds players. Thanks alot. bye xx
                                Sorry!
                                Once Lambert left I thought the Snodgrass deal would be a dead duck but the rumours persist and it seems we've put an offer on the table.
                                I take it he'll be a good signing? Howson looked very promising in the games he managed before last season finished. Johnson is definitely solid if unspectacular.
                                Last edited by Plough Boy; 23-07-2012, 07:01. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X