No announcement yet.

Euro 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portugal for me too, done a good job so far on the Spaniards.

Comment

The first round of the tournament was okay, after that it just went down the drain. Its a ****ty tournament, it might be worse than 2010. My country made it all the way to the final in that one, so I may be biased. But I do remember some good games and I liked the South African squad. The vuvuzelas is what killed most of the atmosphere though. But now we got empty seats...

It just sucks. I am eagerly anticipating 2014, because it takes place in a true football crazed country. After that we have France, which might be good as well, seeing the quality of the past World Cup there. But beyond that we're dealing with Russia and Qatar which is a total joke.

Comment

What a save!

Comment

Right then, come on Germany.

Comment

Ronaldo the big game bottler! I honestly thought he was playing rugby at times the way he kept sticking the ball over the bar.

I honestly think Germany will win the tournament. In my eyes Spain only really got going when they started extra time. The way Germany have been playing that may be too late for the Spanish.

Comment

Ronaldo completely failed. He wanted to be the 5th kicker, and shoot the winning penalty behind Casillas. But Alves can't take penalties. Ronaldo should've been there instead of Alves. Ronaldo screwed his team.

Although Ronaldo would likely miss an important penalty yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Ronaldo the big game bottler! I honestly thought he was playing rugby at times the way he kept sticking the ball over the bar.
                What are you on about? He had one decent chance and the rest were free kicks! The one chance he had he should have done better for sure but it was a terrible ball to him in the first place.

Comment

Yup, had that pass been slightly ahead of Ronaldo instead of slightly behind him, there's a good chance he would have stuck it in the back of the net.

It was a mistake to have him as the 5th penalty taker though. No way you should risk a situation where someone who is probably your best penalty taker doesn't even get to take one.

Despite my soft spot for Italian football (and the fact that I have a fiver on them to win the tournament at 16/1 ) I hope Germany win it. They've been the most exciting team and have the best chance of beating Spain in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                    Yup, had that pass been slightly ahead of Ronaldo instead of slightly behind him, there's a good chance he would have stuck it in the back of the net.

It was a mistake to have him as the 5th penalty taker though. No way you should risk a situation where someone who is probably your best penalty taker doesn't even get to take one.

Despite my soft spot for Italian football (and the fact that I have a fiver on them to win the tournament at 16/1 ) I hope Germany win it. They've been the most exciting team and have the best chance of beating Spain in the final.
                    I think that there is a very good chance Ronaldo's vain glory seeking cost Portugal at least the possibility of winning the penalty shoot out. There is plenty of evidence that his influence on the team goes beyond mere captaincy and I'd bet he decided which penalty taking slot he should take. Even worse it could also indicate an unwillingness to accept responsibility for fear of blotting his reputation if he'd missed in an earlier slot. Miss a last vital penalty and you can blame the intense pressure, reputation remains mostly intact, score and you're the hero. Whatever the truth whoever decided on the order deserves some severe criticism.

Agree with you HE, Germany for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      What are you on about? He had one decent chance and the rest were free kicks! The one chance he had he should have done better for sure but it was a terrible ball to him in the first place.
                      But this is "Ronaldo". Those free kicks should have at least hit the target. Normally youid put money on those forcing the keeper to make a save rather than sailing over the bar.

For.all hos big man posturing and flicks and tricks I thought he was ridiculously ineffective. Id read loads about how this was supposed to be his tournament this year and I don't think he's delivered.

Comment

im glad Spain went through, mainly because of Ronaldo's arrogance.

and i still think Spain will be too much for Germmany on the day...ppl like to jump on Germany's dyk too much, they barely beat the dutch and they were terrible.

Comment

Whoever wins tonight I hope this is a good match and the best team on the night gets through. I have high hopes as the 2006 World Cup semi-final between them was probably the best 0-0 I've ever seen (I know Italy scored two right at the end, but for 118 minutes it was 0-0 ) and the 1970 semi-final (which finished 4-3) was meant to have been an epic match. PLEASE more of the same tonight!

Comment

Great goal by Italy, lovely build up and good header from Mario. Shaping up to be a good match here!

2-0!! What a hit by Balotelli! Poor defending by Germany to let that long ball through.
                            Last edited by EJG1980; 28-06-2012, 19:24.

Comment

How crap is germany in defence being ripped to bits

Great goal that was

Comment

This... is unexpected. Does this mean we actually did better against Italy than we thought?
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X