No announcement yet.

Euro 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just looking at the last time italy played spain before the group game, was a friendly in 2011, Italy won 2:1. I know where my ?10 bet is going on Sunday (it's not Spain)

Also pretty coincidental that the one team (chelski) managed to stop the style of Spain/barca is managed by an Italian
    Last edited by ETC; 28-06-2012, 23:19.

Comment

Italy were superb especially up front could have had 4or5 , hope they play the same against Spain to prove that teams with a centre forward on fire will always be hard to beat, how good was it to see direct attacking and not playing on the edge of the box like Spain, thing is barca have messi but who,s going to score these goals for Spain?"....

Comment

Spain has no great strikers, there is Torres who has been **** for years now and there is Llorente who can't really deal with the Barca style.

Its a problem but Del Bosque remedies it by simply playing without one. Defenders find it difficult to know who they should mark in that case. Spain conceded like 1 goal (Germany conceded 6), they can play for a boring 1-0 victory.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
          Couldn't agree more. Hansen bullies the conversation and Alan shearer looks uncomfortable in his company. Also hansen said Balloteli was a liability?! He set up Agueros title winning goal and tonight against Germany he was sensational
          Cheers, just getting sick of Hansen and his 'time and space' comments. Thought Vialli was a breath of fresh air and just talked well...sense!

Could have listened to him all night.

Comment

I'd love Italy to go on and win the whole thing. I have been supporting Italy, but thought since the start that Germany would go on to win it, so last night was a great match for me. Easily one of my favorite matches of the tournament, and there was a split second after that pen where I thought Germany were gonna just edge it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                Cheers, just getting sick of Hansen and his 'time and space' comments. Thought Vialli was a breath of fresh air and just talked well...sense!

Could have listened to him all night.
                I thought Vialli was a great pundit too. Very calm and a lovely tone to his voice. I bet he could make the most boring topic sound interesting.

Comment

My brother has Italy in his office sweepstakes, to say he's surprised he's still in with a chance of the money is an understatement. But fair play to Italy, they were much better in the semi than the quarters.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

As if Platini hasn't already done enough to damage the European Championship Finals by expanding the next one in four years time...

The Uefa president Michel Platini has revealed that Euro 2020 could be staged all over Europe, rather than in one or two host countries

Comment

Spain is way too good. 3 trophies in a row. Ridiculous.

Comment

Spain have definitely saved their best for the final, excellent half from them. Italy certainly haven't disgraced themselves, and if it had stayed at 1-0 they've got forward enough to show that they might have got an equaliser, but 2-0... can't see them coming back now. That said, I hope Italy manage to get one back early in the second half to put the result in a bit of doubt.

Comment

Spain have been superb in the first half. Who needs a centre forward anyway? Can see them getting 4 or 5 tonight.

Comment

Spains pressure and positionplay is out of this world. Spain from tonight might be the best side ever. All we can do is hope that Xavi etc are too old for 2014.
                            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 01-07-2012, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                              Spain is way too good. 3 trophies in a row. Ridiculous.
                              Spains pressure and positionplay is out of this world. Spain from tonight might be the best side ever.
                              History is 45 minutes away from being made.

Best international side ever? Finding it increasingly hard to argue against Spain, to be honest.

All we can do is hope that Xavi etc are too old for 2014.
                              Fabregas, Iniesta and Xabi Alonso will still be there, as will David Silva.

And that's before you factor in the likes of Thiago Alcantara, Iker Muniain, Javi Martinez & Sergio Canales coming through.

Scary.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-07-2012, 19:49.

Comment

Brazil 1970 best side I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X