Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Games Related Bargains Thread NTSC/PAL (posts without bargains will be removed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moodmon
    What that man said. Grandia 2 PAL is an abomination, but the game still shines through despite the borders and the other nastiness. Gitaroo Man PAL is ace, and well worth a buy at that price.
    AIIII! Nooo! I got it while I was lookin for the DC version, I understand that theres bordrers but these other nasties? Is it the speed diffrence screwin up things? sorry could someone explain? Oh and is the DC version 'sound'?

Comment

It is just plain nasty. It is worse than the Devil May Cry PAL conversion. It is playable, I didn't find any nasty bugs in it. The borders are horrendous (for a game where you stare at cut scenes for an age borders are very noticeable) and as the fighting system relies on a certain extent on timing it can get you into more trouble than you would wish for. The characters take an age to move across town (due to the speed difference) and it generally is a sloppy conversion.

It is still playable though, and I enjoyed it despite the faults in the PAL version. From what I've heard the DC version is tons better, but you would need to find someone who has played it.

Comment

I've played the DC version, and it is FAR superior in just about ever respect.
        Nuff said, I guess.

Comment

Splinter Cell: PT - ?17.99

Great deal. Also the PS2 version is ?17.99 on play.com too.

Comment

GC arcade sticks ?1

Ok they're not gonna be SC2 quality but for a quid im sure theyre good enough

Gamecube Logic 3 arcade sticks only ?1 @ poundland.
            Haven't been in myself but peolpe over at the dvdforums have been picking them up.

Probably the same sticks a certain member is selling for a whopping ?14 each in the trading folder here.

Comment

I'd hesitate to recommend those sticks, even at ?1. They're a waste of space. They don't even have microswitches in the stick itself! And the buttons suck. Hard. They don't usually put microswitches in the buttons, but these are just crap.

Comment

Been in town today and got myself a few bargains. F Zero GP Legend ?14.99!!! Brand new and Sealed. It was labelled ?29.99 and then i get to the checkout and the guy says its only ?14.99

Gobsmacked.

Also got a Dreamcast for ?22.99 to relive those memories again. Bit disappointed that they had no games I wanted so iv got the console and no games! Heh.

Comment

Thank you: Magnakai and Moodmon.

Comment

which shop was it at ?14.99 at???

Comment

First game in the 24 hour game sale:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - ?19.99

Comment

For the PC, no less!

Comment

let alone that there's 240 stock to clear! HOT HOT DEMAND!

*cough*

Still, I have hope that some great deals come along in the small hours. Saying that, I can't help but think that it's going to be just a clearance of old/new EA stock, that 'In Association With...' bothers me somewhat. I'll hold out an hour or so more.

Comment

Ditto. I hope there are some good deals!

Hairy Otter:

STOCK LEFT : 236 HURRY!
                            Last edited by demon9k; 23-07-2004, 23:22.

Comment

Maybe someone could log what was sold each hour, just to ease my curiosity

Typical i'm at work tomorrow though, so i'll get fa "bargins"

Comment

Big seller 17 mins left still got 236

I have just noticed the 'In Association with Electronics Arts' on the banner. Maybe i should just go to bed.

Hour 2: UEFA Euro 2004 Portugal for the PC ?9.99 wtf
                                Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 24-07-2004, 00:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X