No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?!? When it was mentioned it was one hit kills I thought (as you would after DMD) that meant only Dante..! Even the bosses!? Bit of a shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
      Really?!? When it was mentioned it was one hit kills I thought (as you would after DMD) that meant only Dante..! Even the bosses!? Bit of a shame really.
      Yeah it's not very good. Go for SS ranks after finishing DMD!

Comment

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??

One hit kills for everyone??? Thats a gunslingers dream... positioned in the middle of a room unleashing death via some well calculated Gun kata guess thats why it is called Heaven or Hell mode... Can be great or really bad for you... just depends how quick you are, hehe.

Comment

OOT....I was just talking to two different guys just then abt DMC3

guy1 : I finished DMC3 in a day...sub game (.........)
          guy2 : DMC3 is easy...play GoW

So I sorta just explained why I happily wasted over 100 hrs of my life surfing only in DMD mode n just enemy step cancelling n reaming vergil....

to my eternal horror....guy 2 said
          "play GOD MODE in GoW...that is HARD...DMD is not that bad"
          I swear I am not making this up.

GoW really that hard?
          Last edited by SummAh; 15-08-2005, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by SummAh
            OOT....I was just talking to two different guys just then abt DMC3

guy1 : I finished DMC3 in a day...sub game (.........)
            guy2 : DMC3 is easy...play GoW

So I sorta just explained why I happily wasted over 100 hrs of my life surfing only in DMD mode n just enemy step cancelling n reaming vergil....

to my eternal horror....guy 2 said
            "play GOD MODE in GoW...that is HARD...DMD is not that bad"

GoW really that hard?
            DMC wee's all over GOW. GOW is still a great game though

Comment

I don't doubt it is a great game.
              I just felt weird that he...uhmmm 'challenged' DMD mode as...'not that bad'.

Though I wonder if he at least passed stage 2.

I know stage 2 is the real shocker when ppl first play DMD mode.
              Regardless, I love DMD mode since day 1. I raced through normal n hard just so I can play in DMD mode...the real game~

Comment

Originally posted by SummAh
                I don't doubt it is a great game.
                I just felt weird that he...uhmmm 'challenged' DMD mode as...'not that bad'.

Though I wonder if he at least passed stage 2.

I know stage 2 is the real shocker when ppl first play DMD mode.
                Regardless, I love DMD mode since day 1. I raced through normal n hard just so I can play in DMD mode...the real game~
                I haven't got to DMD yet... Just don't have the time. Very demanding wife.

Comment

It is funny - as I started Royal Guard at the same time I started DMD mode, after several ass kickings on the first two missions I went back to hard mode with RG to try and practise my parry timing.

Dante was standing there surrounded by reapers going "come on, hit me!!!" and they would just kind of wander around, taking it in turns to have a go... it's like a kung-fu movie on hard mode, the bad guys only attack enough so the hero can look good, they're not really trying to win! Ever since then, I don't see them as reapers - I see white guys with brown cardigans and moustaches.. "it's the dough Roper, or we gotta break something!"

The difference with DMD is they're really out to cause harm, they don't hold back at all.
                  Last edited by Darwock; 15-08-2005, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                    That's Mad.

We ought to call you iron thumbs.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0
                      That's Mad.

We ought to call you iron thumbs.
                      Watch the Vergil3 DMD vid above it!!!

Comment

I played through normal mode of Gow and found it a solid and challening game with some tidy action set-ups. There thats the formal ****e out the way...

DMC3 pisses all over GoW from on the top of Vergils tower. Gow ramps up difficulty by making some of your moves useless and the enmies immune to certain attacks. It doesn't challenge you to improve your ability. It requires you continually block and block and block and block some more until you can get a hit in.

In DMD you are forced to get great at using Dante or you will not progress. It continually asks you to evolve as a player and Gow doesn't even to begin to try to do this.

I enjoyed GoW but I am afraid it should not even be used in the same breath as DMC3. Anyone who makes a statement like Guy2 has not played DMC3 properly, therefore is view is stricken from the record
                        Last edited by Mardigan8; 15-08-2005, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8

I enjoyed GoW but I am afraid it should not even be used in the same breath as GoW.
                          Or DMC3 for that matter

Comment

I think Gow and dmc 3 are almost opposite.Gow i thought was fantastic but after completing it i did not feel any desire to get better at it the combat was just not deep enough.Dmc3 i thought was fun to begin with but once i started to get into it it has almost unlimited depth.

Must be said though playing GOW did make me far better with dmc3 royal guard though

Comment

Here's a vid I made against the chess pieces(DMD), Mission 18 using Royal Guard. This fight is usually very long and requires patience but with RG I can finish it in under 2 mins!

Check out the meth!

Last edited by venom743; 16-08-2005, 10:16.

Comment

Here's another Beowulf DMD vid (no damage) using jump parries and 2 JRs to finish him in under 2 mins.

Comment

Working...
                                X