No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMD Agni And Rudra Royal Guard vid (no damage) using jump and roll parries. Very safe.

Comment

Here's my strategy for the first form of Arkham on DMD (no damage) using Swordmaster.

The boss fight is longer than all the others.

Comment

Argh, f*&king Fallen! After beating Vergil 2 I took a bit of a break, now going back to it I can't get past the first occurrence of these arseholes on DMD!

I searched this thread and saw Venom's tips about using Nevan O into Beowulf O rapidly repeated.. that does take off a crapload of damage but only on the rare instances whern they aren't floating around out of range.. and once I kill one that way and they go DT I'm history.

Gone back to RG to try and master the parries - it's the only way to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
          Argh, f*&king Fallen! After beating Vergil 2 I took a bit of a break, now going back to it I can't get past the first occurrence of these arseholes on DMD!

I searched this thread and saw Venom's tips about using Nevan O into Beowulf O rapidly repeated.. that does take off a crapload of damage but only on the rare instances whern they aren't floating around out of range.. and once I kill one that way and they go DT I'm history.

Gone back to RG to try and master the parries - it's the only way to be sure.
          Want a RG Fallen vid?

Comment

Only if you've got one handy, I think in general when it comes to parry timing, videos can only help you so far, the timing has to be instinctive.

Comment

Just started playing this again so need to complete it, got slightly annoyed with a boss so did not play for ages then beat boss recently just need to get Ico out of the way and avoid playing WE9 so much.

Comment

Well months behind everyone else, I finally got this and started playing. Man, it's tough! I can't get past the sythe guy at the start! I felt like a complete wuss when it told me that easy mode was now selectable. I think I'm getting old...

What an intro though!

Comment

Here's my new strategy for DMD Doppelganger using Royal Guard. Keep an eye on the style meter!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                    Well months behind everyone else, I finally got this and started playing. Man, it's tough! I can't get past the sythe guy at the start! I felt like a complete wuss when it told me that easy mode was now selectable. I think I'm getting old...

What an intro though!
                    Heh - don't worry, I think most people (ok, normal people - Saur & co don't count! ) hit a brick wall with him. Keep at it - you won't realise it, but by the time you beat him, your skills will have improved massively, and you should breeze through the next couple of levels.

Comment

Remeber, every fight is about patterns... understand the boss pattern and you will have him in your pocket!! He bested me initally but with time and LOTS of play he can be beaten without swinging a weapon or firing a gun

One to think about

Comment

Without swinging a weapon or firing a gun? Now that has baffled me...

Comment

Its the kinda power you can acquire under Saurian and Venoms tutelage

Comment

I am self taught which is why i know nothing

Comment

Just a quick question as I'm really getting into this - is it worth me picking up the first two? I never played them.

I'm totally loving the combat. I eventually beat the scythe guy but I've been enjoying playing level 1 over and over with the different styles. I can't get enough of the Gunslinger style. Very cool indeed.

Comment

Thats the way to di it Dogg, gt to work in Mission 1 (The lab) and get your skillz practised for the alter fights... nothing better.

DMC1 is a classic and is well worth looking at but for the love of all that is good DO NOT get DMC2... its so far off the mark it should never have been released.

Playing either of these may feel restrcited after the free flowing **** Dante can pull off in 3 but 1 is an absolute classic PS2 game!! DMC1 and DMC3 are essentials... DMC2 is so ****ing not

Comment

Working...
                                X