Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still playing this?

Comment

I'm taking a sabbatical - just can't face the DMD fallen at the moment :-(

I'm definitely going back to it though, not letting myself get beaten after coming this far!

Comment

Yep!

Comment

Shhhh, it doesn't exist...

Comment

There are other games? o_O

Thanks to t3h Venom - Ive got the boss I find hardest and hate on the most, (Dante Must Die Cerberus) totally down, I'm battering that mutt without taking any damage now and I've grown to love the fight to bits. It's the Dante Must Die stages that are still my undoing! I can do the bosses no problem at all, but I still get overwhelmed on the stages even if I'm packing Nevan!

Still play daily - dont get time for much of a session during the week beyond a single boss fight or some Swordmaster ruck on Mission 16 tho (but I get together with friends on a Friday for a proper session). I've got the Beowulf jump cancels down now aswell (cancelling Killer Bee > Hammer > Volcano), this is the Enemy Step Cancel I found hardest to pull off properly - I've been on so much Swordmaster (spesh since working on that guide) that I'm comfortable with any weapon combination now.
            Last edited by Saurian; 07-09-2005, 15:28.

Comment

My DMD progression has taken a rest for some SERIOUS Advance WArs abuse but I will be breaking out the skillz again very shortly. Got all the Hard bosses screaming for mercy but the DMD bosses are still making me work hard.

Like you say Saur its the DMD missions themselves that are the ***** now.

Been revisiting the Mission 4 night club on hard over and over again for step cancel workouts and it looking ****ing HOT, tttssssssssssssssssss

Bitched Vergil 3 som nay times it aint right. Time is right down beside the 60 second mark but still got some work to crack Venoms minute mark only a matter of time V

Cerberus and A&R on Swordmaster, I need nothing else!!

Comment

Anyone know anything about a possible special edition of DMC3 that's supposed to be unveiled at TGS?

Toutes les news fraîchement servies par la rédaction du site de référence : annonces, sorties, bons plans... ne manquez plus une info essentielle sur vos jeux préférés !

Comment

lol.. completely wrong thread.. forgive me
                  Last edited by Darwock; 13-09-2005, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                    Anyone know anything about a possible special edition of DMC3 that's supposed to be unveiled at TGS?

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/actus/a...000043485.html

I'll find out on saturday!8)

Comment

Don't forgot to post some impressions...oh and steal the code from one of the demo pods

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                        My DMD progression has taken a rest for some SERIOUS Advance WArs abuse but I will be breaking out the skillz again very shortly. Got all the Hard bosses screaming for mercy but the DMD bosses are still making me work hard.

Like you say Saur its the DMD missions themselves that are the ***** now.

Been revisiting the Mission 4 night club on hard over and over again for step cancel workouts and it looking ****ing HOT, tttssssssssssssssssss

Bitched Vergil 3 som nay times it aint right. Time is right down beside the 60 second mark but still got some work to crack Venoms minute mark only a matter of time V

Cerberus and A&R on Swordmaster, I need nothing else!!
                        Killing Vergil3(Normal) in 41 seconds is my best time now!
                        Playing Vergil3 on DMD is where it's at though. SS ranking him is what you should be aiming at (with RG if poss.). Done it in just over 2 mins (no damage).

Comment

This is becoming very ridiculous now:

I have only bought 5 games this year, those being Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Metal Gear Solid 3 and this Capcom masterpiece - Devil May Cry 3. Anyway, since the EU launch (24th March) earlier this year I have been playing nothing but this game with small ?back and forth? sessions on Halo (Co-Op mode) and PES (multi-player mode) to mix the mood. That?s it.

I ask myself every week: why am I still playing DMC3?

I have completed the Normal mode about 7 times and the Hard mode about 3 times with the Dante Must Die mode incomplete because I hate (quite sad, I know) getting hit or taking too long with the rankings. I am going to complete the DMD mode before this Sunday, regardless of the ranking just to see what the Heaven & Hell mode has to offer - even though the idea sounds absurd, as it is a one-hit kill gallery.

Looking at my timer on the save file - 94 hours - I do not think it is going to stop until I take Dante for a walk in the park in his next PlayStation 3 outing. I know the saying: I also admit that I am not that good at DMC3 in terms of showing off or defeating the bosses in a nice and quick easy manner but I simply enjoy it too much to even possibly care!

Sorry to revive the topic once again, but I am simply expressing my feelings (or concerns, but that is another matter) for such a ?complete? game and one that has surpass my expectations in first place.

Wonderful game and is the one of the very best on the PlayStation 2.

Comment

Yep, and those lovely people at Capcom are gonna ensure we keep playing until 4 with the Special Edition being released.

Capcom us.

Comment

ET, I whole heartedly agree with you mate. I have rattled normal mode twice, Hard mode once and 7 missions in on DMD. The thing is I just keep going back and replaying my favourite fights or re-doing the nightclub mission 4 on Hard so I can show off.

Dante just keeps draggin you back for more and the game just does not let go. Its the feeling you get when you perfect and area and do with attitude, every little move you can do looks better than anything elese out there and the depth to Dantes arsenal is unmeasurable.

DMC4 is top of my most wanted list but looks like being a long way off so the 360 line-up will have to do for now... but I know there is nothing in that line-up that will affect me the way DMC3 has this year. I have got schooled every boss over and over and have Vergil eating out the palm of my hand. You put the time in with this game and it gives you the love right back.

No praise higher than the following can be laid on DMC3.... GOTY 2005, without question.

PS. ET the 5 or so games you have played are quite possibly the top 5 of the year so far, nice taste man and all fantastic games, with Killer 7 and MGS3 earning a special mention for being ****ing amazing

Comment

Gone back to this as well only have a couple more mission to go on hard mode then I'll try Dante Must Die mode I managed to finished it in DMC1 hopefully I can do the same here. I'm very tempted to pick up a JP PS2 so I can play the SE before Christmas (and get a few shmups as well). So far I've racked up 51 hours my most played game this year and defiantly the best game on the PS2.

Comment

Working...
                                X