No announcement yet.

Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished the Gamecube release this weekend. What an awesome game. I do recommend playing it on Hard mode straight from the beginning. One of the reasons I decided to import was to make the game as confusing and challenging as possible. It wouldn't have been much fun if I was able to lock on to the weak points with the click of a button or have the solutions to all the puzzles displayed on the minimap.

Story Discussion:

I think that most of the story is left untold just for the sake of being impenetrable. We're never really told why Angel and Harman appear to be immortal, or who Samantha is, or answers to any other important questions The only major thing we learn is Garcian's identity. Maybe translating some of the memos will help a bit, espically that last one that came from Samantha.

Even if it doesn't amount to anything, I'm still satisifed. Garcian's freaky disorder is interesting enough to fuel this game and probably a sequel as well. =)

Comment

I need some help, i'm on Mission 5 I think it is, it's a level based in a

School. Basically, I've just done Russian Roulette cutscene and now I don't know what to do. I've got a keypad in that room which needs TWO codes by the looks of it. I found the first in one of the memo's, but it seems like it needs another? There's also another room further on with paintings/posters on the wall and a keypad with logo's on it which doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
        I need some help, i'm on Mission 5 I think it is, it's a level based in a

School. Basically, I've just done Russian Roulette cutscene and now I don't know what to do. I've got a keypad in that room which needs TWO codes by the looks of it. I found the first in one of the memo's, but it seems like it needs another? There's also another room further on with paintings/posters on the wall and a keypad with logo's on it which doesn't make much sense.

Can anyone help?
        Subtle Hint:

There are four posters inside the data center, four posters in the hallway outside the data center, and four input prompts on the panel.

Less Subtle Hint:

The symbols on the control panel each correspond to a symbol found on the posters outside the data center. Each of those posters in turn has an object, color, or theme which corresponds to the childerns' drawings on the inside of the data center. Count the number of objects in each of those drawings and input the number present into the control panel under the appropriate headings. Once you solve this puzzle, you'll be able to get the tape player from Travis which will allow you to listen to the tapes you've been collecting. You'll find the second combination on those tapes, along with clues to other puzzles you'll need to solve later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxon
          Subtle Hint:

There are four posters inside the data center, four posters in the hallway outside the data center, and four input prompts on the panel.

Less Subtle Hint:

The symbols on the control panel each correspond to a symbol found on the posters outside the data center. Each of those posters in turn has an object, color, or theme which corresponds to the childerns' drawings on the inside of the data center. Count the number of objects in each of those drawings and input the number present into the control panel under the appropriate headings. Once you solve this puzzle, you'll be able to get the tape player from Travis which will allow you to listen to the tapes you've been collecting. You'll find the second combination on those tapes, along with clues to other puzzles you'll need to solve later on.
          Hmm, I did that. I guess I must have made a mistake somewhere. Cheers for the help

Comment

Story discussion:

There's loads I dont understand - like who is Kurtis? "He killed Dan years ago" Garcian says when he hears of him, but Garcian is seen Killing Dan at the end. OK so that could just be something in Garcian's head, hiding the fact that he himself killed Dan, but Kurtis himself says to Dan that he'll "Kill him again".

I have no idea who Samantha is either - I cant wait to read the memos in the US version.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              Story discussion:

There's loads I dont understand - like who is Kurtis? "He killed Dan years ago" Garcian says when he hears of him, but Garcian is seen Killing Dan at the end. OK so that could just be something in Garcian's head, hiding the fact that he himself killed Dan, but Kurtis himself says to Dan that he'll "Kill him again".

I have no idea who Samantha is either - I cant wait to read the memos in the US version.

The memos are all written to Emil from Johnny Gagnon who has been told to find out detailed info on Killer 7's background. It seems like Garcian(Emil) hired this guy to find out more them. Maybe that's why he can use their attributes?

Comment

Also - Garcian didnt Kill Kevin Smith in the hotel did he? The guy standing next to Harman, who dont get to see who he is but are the glasses meant to be a giveaway that it's Kevin? Maybe he didnt actually kill Kevin and the invisible/silent version of Kevin you can become reflects that Garcian doesnt know anything about him?

Comment

A good thread discussing the story of the game can be found over on gamefaqs (link below). I know that place is generally to be avoided like the plague but on this rare occasion the members are displaying some intelligence and putting out a few good theories.

Comment

Saurian -

Garcian kills Kevin right at the start; he's the bellboy at reception (but not the same as the one that talks). Dunno who the guy next to Harman is but you can kind of make him out and he doesn't look like any of the characters.

Also, young Harman mentions that Emir killed the six in the hotel, but that the leader of them was also killed and his body was found in the safe at the school. So who was that? Emir's eye was in the safe, but he couldn't have been the leader as when Dan talks to him it's like they've never met. Also in that cutscene, it's old Garcian who kills Dan not young Emir. ??

And if it was Harman who was the leader, why does young Harman talk about it in the 3rd person?

Comment

Nice one for that man! -

I didnt notice about Kevin being the bellboy at all! My head still hurts over the story, it's a wicked one to think about tho!

Comment

Weee! I'm gonna start it again

Something that bugs me is why do KAEDE and MASK have their names in uppercase? What is teh meaning???///?????//????/1

Comment

has anyone played both the PS2 and GC versions? was just wondering how huge the differences are (aside from the controller.. i know the GC is far better suited to the game)

hmmm.. only 16 more days till the pal version is out... this waiting is torture!

Comment

from what i've read just the loading times are better on the GC version.

Comment

hmm.. it sucks but i live in SA and i've been robbed three times in the last four weeks now i don't have a GC anymore (NOOOOOOOOO i loved my GC).. got a PS2 for it's dvd capabilities and i just don't want the PS2 version to suck since i've been looking forward to Killer7 for ages... on a happier note though i found a great site to order PAL games from!!

www.gamejam.com

Comment

Just finished this after playing it slowly for two weeks. What an ending! After the first level I wasn't going to play any more. But once you are on the 2nd disc and used to the controls it really gets going. I can see a lot of people hating this game but give it a proper go before dismissing it. I loved the music throughout. Each level had its own style. Will be picking that soundtrack up if it is released.

Comment

Working...
                                X