No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fireworks are great.. I believe they are every Saturday in August (Japanese hanabi season).

Edit: Quick tip - once you've used your fireworks just keep going back to Tortimer and he'll give you more!

I've never even SEEN him let alone managed to shoot him down.
    Expect to see him within the next couple of days now you've said that! (hopefully )

I think some of the visitors appear too infrequently.. but especially the ones who give you unique items which you can't get otherwise, and in particular Gulliver who is extremely tricky to catch.

The other character I'd like to see a lot more of is Sahara.. occasionally a new neighbor will move in with her rare carpet/wallpaper in their room, but it doesn't seem possible to make them put it in the recycle bin by sending them a new wall/floor to replace it with. *expects to see her on Monday*
    Last edited by r3z; 05-08-2006, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X
      All i got for my Birthday was a single cake, got loads on the Cube version . At least Tom Nook was paying 180 bells a turnip .
      On the only week I bothered with turnips, nook bought on the friday for 300! I worked out the odds and realised it's not really worth bothering with them anyway unless you're buying massive quantities, it's better to just go and catch fish and beetles instead.
      Caught scorpions now too, they're worth 8000 bells I think.
      Also got gyped by Redd with a fake painting and nook would only buy it for 10 bells
      I'm trying a flower breeding experiment, lots of nice neat lines of like flowers, going to see what happens. I hear you can get purple and black roses.

Comment

If you manage to grow black roses then water them with the golden watering can, you get gold roses.

r3z - how does one "use" the sparkler?

Pixie
        x

Comment

Pixie - You 'equip' the sparkler and then press A to use it. I had a fireworks show on sat night too. Sparklers and Roman Candles was all I could get off the mayor though.

O ye I caught a tarantula too, day after I caught a scorpion. Yay for me!

Comment

How the heck did you catch the scorpion!?

Tell us, tell us!

Comment

Well to be honest it was kinda random! I was just walking around catching bugs and I saw it walking around, not too far away. It was walking sideways as it were so I just positioned myself directly behind it and nabbed it! It was quite lucky I must say, same thing with the tarantula - it just appeard near me and I went in for a quick scoop

Comment

Took me ages to work out how to USE a sparkler and the roman candle too. But it turns out you just equip it and hit A.

Caught a scorpion last night too!

Has anyone seen the UFO? What's all that about? Tried chasing it but it flew away!

Comment

Originally posted by shuzo
                  Well to be honest it was kinda random! I was just walking around catching bugs and I saw it walking around, not too far away. It was walking sideways as it were so I just positioned myself directly behind it and nabbed it! It was quite lucky I must say, same thing with the tarantula - it just appeard near me and I went in for a quick scoop

I managed to catch a scorpion a couple of weeks ago in pretty much the same way i.e. lucky!! I think I read somewhere that you should try to stand still or make as little movement as possible. I was just lucky that when I came out of a house, it was right there.

Comment

I've just gone back to AC. My neighbours informed me that it has been two months since I last saw them. Got bitten by a tarantula but didn't manage to catch it. Is it safe to donate them to the museum or will they kill other insects?

Lots of noisy insects everywhere but not too much different aside from that. Have I missed anything cool?

Comment

You can donate anything.. in fact it is the objective of the museum to have one of everything that you can catch!

I don't think there's been any particularly special events recently although you might've missed a couple of bug tournaments and other recurring events, but the fireworks show was very nice at the weekend.. should be on every Saturday from 7pm this month.

Mainly there's just been lots of new bugs and fish.. as well as the noisy bugs (chicadas) there are some big beetles to look out for at night-time, and also a load of new (especially large) fish.

Originally posted by r3z
                      The other character I'd like to see a lot more of is Sahara.. *expects to see her on Monday*
                      Guess who turned up today!

Comment

I'm slightly ambivalent about the DS (UK) version. I'm slightly miffed at the lack of humour and charm in it for a start. The Cube version was peppered with in-jokes and puns which added to it's charm but DS misses this badly. I've noticed that certain puns were directly translated from the Japanese thus losing the joke completely. For instance, the long-horned beetle in Japanese is KAMIKIRI-MUSHI (??????. And when your character catches it, it says something like "Don't bite through my net" or something like that. This is because KAMIKIRI also means 'cut by biting' (????? as well. Obviously when NOA translated the original Cube version, they added their own little jokes themselves - such as when you catch a carp, your character says "Carpe diem!" and all that kind of thing (don't ask for more 'cos I can't remember!) But now they've even gotten rid of the original jokes and instead of making new ones, they just made direct translations to the Jap version.

I also miss the little ditties by Kapp'n and the animation you got along with Totakeke's recital (y'know, the falling leaves and all that jazz).

The added bits are all right. The constelation is a cute idea but it's bloody hard to do good ones... The cafe is cute and thoroughly pointless.

I think what I miss most is the original title music... I could hum that tune all day.

I've only started playing last week because I couldn't think of anything else to buy on my ds. There are bits that I'm still finding out about (such as the UFO that appeared on the first day) but I just wish they kept the charm of the cube version...

Oh, I've caught a gigantic Japanese moth last night.

EDIT: Just caught crucian carp and it made a carpe diem joke so I was utterly wrong. In fact, loads of the original jokes and comments are in there. I also like the new insect encyclopedia which tells you additional info on the bugs that you've caught. I'm starting to like this version more and more to be honest.
                        Last edited by Fibber; 11-08-2006, 12:40.

Comment

The cafe is cute and thoroughly pointless.
                          The cafe seems a bit boring to start with, but it's used as a place for K.K. to perform (btw you can request the original title music) and you can also catch other characters there at various times of the day (ie. after work), and there's also the new bartender character to interact with, who does have a few funny comments once you become a regular.

I would agree a little regarding most of the day-to-day chatting with neighbors that they can be a little tedious but occasionally they'll come up with some funny stuff - during the fireworks show at the weekend I heard some good lines.

Comment

Originally posted by r3z
                            The cafe seems a bit boring to start with, but it's used as a place for K.K. to perform (btw you can request the original title music) and you can also catch other characters there at various times of the day (ie. after work), and there's also the new bartender character to interact with, who does have a few funny comments once you become a regular...
                            Oh, I didn't know that the pidgeon starts talking to you. Cool. I'm looking forward to that. I've been to that cafe everyday now.

Yeah. I noticed Totakeke on Saturdays there but as I said before, I miss the original background animation of falling leaves, rain and snow that suddenly appear as he starts singing. That was a nice touch. Still my fave character by a million miles.

What is the original title tune called? I'm gonna request it next time I see him.

Comment

K.K. Slider played "I Love You" for me tonight, it was a really nice tune!

Anyone know what the original title music is called? I presume from the GC version people mean?

Comment

The GC theme is called 'Forest Life' (btw, sorry for not replying earlier Fibber)

Comment

Working...
                                X