Animal Crossing: Wild World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r3z
    I would agree a little regarding most of the day-to-day chatting with neighbors that they can be a little tedious but occasionally they'll come up with some funny stuff - during the fireworks show at the weekend I heard some good lines.
    If you're after some funny or weird conversations, go for a three-way (fnar!) and talk to someone when they're talking to someone else. Certainly some quite fruity convos to be had there.
    Shame they yammer on about the fireworks finale but it doesn't ever seem to happen
    Oh and I did a red turnip this week, 1000 bells turned into 16000, so tomorrow I'm buying either 9 or 16 to put in a block just for the sake of it.
    Got about 400000 in the bank but not had any interest yet, am paying off a 598000 (or so?) mortgage.
    Originally posted by Fibber
    I think what I miss most is the original title music... I could hum that tune all day.
    You know the trick to be able to make it go for longer, right? IIRC you wait for the Nintendo voice, then I think as soon as you see the monkey you open the lid. It's around that time, right at the start, either before or after the logo appears, then the song will go on for longer and you'll get to hear the whole thing.

Comment

Can you buy that many red turnips in one go? Today I bought one and planted it. I was told I have to water it every day etc. So when can I sell it? Next Saturday at the latest, to Tom Nook?

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
        Oh and I did a red turnip this week, 1000 bells turned into 16000, so tomorrow I'm buying either 9 or 16 to put in a block just for the sake of it.
        If only it was that easy.. it's just one a week. dc-arena - sell on Saturday for the most profit.

Interest is paid on the last day of the month. Think it's only 1%.

Comment

I caught a scorpian finally last night. Still no tarantula and I've heard August in the last month they appear.

Has anyone seen the monkeys around? Apparently some were released into the games as part of some US ToysRUs promotion but I don't know if that means they can then start to spread like other villagers do. Apart from hacked towns, I've never seen them. But then I haven't been online in a long time...maybe I should start to open up Bapyton again...

Comment

I just did a search about that Toys R Us promotion and it lead me to a thread on gamefaqs which someone has posted that you can unlock the Pikmin at UK & Ireland DS download stations.. has anyone heard about this?

They also confirmed you could get a monkey villager (never seen them at all myself), and also special Nintendo items (pipe, flag pole, 1 up mushroom, fire bar, ? block, Starman) [added in case it was unclear:] at the US Toys R Us recently. These have already been released online in Japan so it's only Europe missing out/haven't had an opportunity to get them yet. I'd love some more Nintendo stuff to add to my Triforce, Coin and Arwing.
            Last edited by r3z; 20-08-2006, 11:36.

Comment

Hmm...well I'm in Ireland but have a US version. Are the US and Eurpoean versions compatible? I know we get different items at different times but visiting between versions isn't a problem, is it?

Comment

Yeah, you can visit between US/UK version towns ok (although not sure about EU language variations, and pretty certain JP version wouldn't be compatible at all) so I would think US game would be ok to download from/interact with UK or Eire stations.

Comment

I won the Bugoff competition today, but didn't get the trophy. I presume it will appear tomorrow?

Or did one of the dirtys basts in my town snipe me in the last seconds?

Comment

I just caught a snail and, as it turned out, that was the last thing I needed to catch for the bugs category! I have a complete big section in my museum now.

I reckon it will be another year before I ever get the fish section complete, if ever. I missed loads over the summer.

Comment

Well today is the day I stop caring about this game - Wart Jr moved out.

If they ever make a sequel to this game they need to give more than one days notice that a neighbour is moving and they need to limit the amount of moves. I just can't check every day to see if some backstabbing toad has packed his things.

Poxy piece of crap.

I loved that little toad...

Comment

i havent looked at my town for months now.
                        i was in a similar position, just checking everyday to make sure that blue cat didnt move out...not even sure what her name was now.

i was/am happy with the way my house was, but didnt really care about catching all the bugs/fish.

i still think its a top game, but they just need to increase the amount of stuff you can do massively for the wii version.

Comment

To be honest I don't think I'll be going for the Wii version. I love the game but the portability is everything for me in this one - just grabbing those few minutes to water the flowers or see what Nook has for sale. I don't think I'd be bothered playing it on a tv console.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've visited my little town of Ferrel aswell. I loved this game when it came out, even more so when I got the game online. It's strange that from a person who normaly doesn't enjoy online games I loved it in this.

Once I lost the online aspect though (as the Nintendo wifi adapter crashed my PC to the point I had to reinstall windows , so I'll never trust the thing again) I quickly lost interest in the game. My house was fully paid for, and I didn't enjoy the collect'em all aspects to the game as much as others I just visited the town less and less till I just stopped.

Concerning a Wii version, if I can get the console to work online as well (and at the same time) as my 360, I'll be sure to pick it up. Like Fuddle said though, it'll need a lot of updating to be worth it.

Comment

Dogg Thang, it's a bit late now but you can prevent people from moving by talking to them a lot and I've found it works if you choose the bottom option when they say they're moving, but either one will do apparently.
                              I agree with there not being much to do. As it is though, it's already a time sink. You say you're going there for 10 minutes and an hour later you're still there. Dangerous stuff.

Comment

It was me actually dogg thang, i paid nook 1 million bells to kidnapp wart Jr so i could add him to the milking farm. Apparently frog tears are the secret ingredient for brewsters coffee & he pays me a fortune for them.

He was kidnapped & smuggled out on the midnight train to my town where he's now been held with the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X