Motorstorm (Full version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
    Slightly off topic but the headset I'd recommend (having used some of the crappy bluetooth ones out there) is the USB Logitech one that they bundled with Socom 3 on the PS2.

It might be wired but it has inline mute and volume (handy if you're used to the current 360 setup) and a long cable for you to sit as far away from your PS3 as you need. It's comfortable, the sound quality is also really good (which is a bit of a bind on times as most people are using ****ty bluetooth ones with lots of static and background noise) and you can pick it up quite cheap.
    I've never seen that mic could you post a link for me as i'll get one of those, i have'nt got a mic but could hear people using one on motorstorm the other day they sounded really bad could'nt understand a thing they said.

Comment

I LIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
        I LIKE
        You did well to avoid the demo...it was crap!

Comment

You can't buy a PS3 without Motorstorm now anyway though can you?

I really want to get back into it myself, very few games are quite as lovely and loud as Motorstorm. However, "Woman" and "The New Black" would just make me cry for my poor baby.

Comment

Any game with Pendulum on the soundtrack = instant purchase!

Comment

It does have a tremendous soundtrack, one of the best!!

I will be on most nights this week if there is gonna be some racing action

Comment

it makes me want to play IT when i hear it

Comment

Pendulum song = Motorstorm, ftw!!

It needs the spoken intro though first, like.

Comment

Marooned on a small island, in an endless sea. But tonight, on this small planet, we're gonna rock civilisation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                      Pendulum song = Motorstorm, ftw!!

It needs the spoken intro though first, like.
                      I meant "Woman" makes me wanna fire up GH2.

Comment

Anyway, I've had a bit of time with this now.

It's good fun I really enjoy it; but all that time with the 360 makes me yearn for a solid online game and whilst it does seem somewhat solid & fun enough it IS a bolt-on and it shows. For example, the online "ranking" you're assigned appears to be based on nothing more than # of races (wins don't seem to affect it)

Handles nicely and if I'm being honest I didn't notice the lack of rumble - but that's not to say it wouldn't have been a lot better with it. Surprised at the lack of tracks (7 or 8 total? is there more ?) but the racing can be great fun at times - pockets of joy when some big rig comes crashing down on your bike or you totally boost a biker off a jump and watch him divebomb

Another favourite was crashing and seeing my female rider get her tits plugged in the soft mud - lovely touch

Speaking of the mud, I was surprised how incidentally it affects the racing - subsequent laps I was expecting proper grooves and stuff throwing me about but it was more like a layer of mud over the course which changed traction levels than anything else.

Replays are sorely missed as well - This game could really, really have benefited what with the amazing vistas and on-track carnage.

I suspect Motorstorm2 is probably well under development - I can't wait to see how much further they go with that one.

Good, solid fun but if I'm being honest I dunno how much lasting appeal is here. Would be good to sit with a mate and just blitz the tickets SP though.

Front end presentation also is great - Love the burning wreck rolling down the hill

Pleasantly surprised.
                        Last edited by Yoshimax; 08-08-2007, 13:25. Reason: tidy up

Comment

Anyway, I've had a bit of time with this now.

It's good fun I really enjoy it; but all that time with the 360 makes me yearn for a solid online game and whilst it does seem somewhat solid & fun enough it IS a bolt-on and it shows. For example, the online "ranking" you're assigned appears to be based on nothing more than # of races (wins don't seem to affect it)

Handles nicely and if I'm being honest I didn't notice the lack of rumble - but that's not to say it wouldn't have been a lot better with it. Surprised at the lack of tracks (7 or 8 total? is there more ?) but the racing can be great fun at times - pockets of joy when some big rig comes crashing down on your bike or you totally boost a biker off a jump and watch him divebomb

Another favourite was crashing and seeing my female rider get her tits plugged in the soft mud - lovely touch

Speaking of the mud, I was surprised how incidentally it affects the racing - subsequent laps I was expecting proper grooves and stuff throwing me about but it was more like a layer of mud over the course which changed traction levels than anything else.

Replays are sorely missed as well - This game could really, really have benefited what with the amazing vistas and on-track carnage.

I suspect Motorstorm2 is probably well under development - I can't wait to see how much further they go with that one.

Good, solid fun but if I'm being honest I dunno how much lasting appeal is here. Would be good to sit with a mate and just blitz the tickets SP though.

Front end presentation also is great - Love the burning wreck rolling down the hill

Pleasantly surprised.
                          Nice impressions. Could have been reading my own post when I first got the game.

What is interesting with the storm, is this is an old school game baby.

The SP mode gets far more interesting and it forces you to learn tracks, learn the handling of cars and mentally have a "Game strategy" for carving off as much time as possible, whilst using boost for best effect.

This side of the game only shines through at the harder levels, and the sense of satisfaction when you get 1st by a nats chaff, is superb.

The game was rushed, and online/presentation (replays etc) suffered.

But deep down is buried a very deep racer indeed, with a rewarding gameplay and balance that will only be enjoyed by the most committed and talented players.

Stick with it mate, it's worth it.

Comment

And in return thanks for that - You've probably just made the difference between me playing it a handful more times SP and MP before trading it with your game strategy paragraph

Comment

And in return thanks for that - You've probably just made the difference between me playing it a handful more times SP and MP before trading it with your game strategy paragraph
                              You can thank TBM. I was the same as you & ready to sell, then he said, "Play it to the end of the third level tickets, then tell me your opinion."

He was dead right.

The gaming skills I needed to get deep into this game were deeply buried, (Think back to playing R-Type and needing to memorise the levels and attack patterns) and I felt physcially tried after playing some of the harder levels.

But man, the balance! The Balance! It's spot on.

At the start its seriously dull really. Nice eye candy, but you're just boosting when you can and bumping your way round.

Then slowly it creeps up on you, the racing line gets more important, the use of boost become critical, and not only the line, but the surface you race on & the car used become make or break.

I didn't have the time or energy to take the game to completion, but the races I had on the harder levels more than justifed the purchase.

I've been used to being "Spoon fed" easy games, and playing something that says, "No mate, you're on your own. The only thing that will beat the AI on this race is your skill, memory and judgement" was a bit of a shocker!

Comment

I'm a late starter. Only just picked up a PS3 and this game last week, but I'm loving it.

Great arcadey-type handling. Really satisfying hand-braking into the tight corners, then boosting out.

As the review says this ones an essential purchase. I got the game free with my HK PS3. I had the choice between this game or Ridge Racer 7. I'm really glad I choose motorstorm.

At work at the moment, but all I'm thinking about is a few more blasts tonight and over the weekend.

With GT HD and this I'm sorted for games till Sega Rally Revo comes out next month.

Happy gaming to all

bluescape

Comment

Working...
                                X