No announcement yet.

Motorstorm (Full version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rushy does the patch include any engine opimisations? (I know these probably wont be made public but would be good if you could sort out the framerate in some of the more aggressive races)

And i'm guessing the time trial mode will be a downloadable content package from the store (what ever happened to in-game stores that were shown at GDC.. the motorstorm one in particular I remember seeing)

Comment

Just finished all 21 tickets ! Wow the last three, were a killer. Felt like the
      cpu had it totally in for me, more than usual ! Feel like a real pro now...
      (well feel like it anyway !)

I said it before, great game. Bring on the update now. On day one (when
      i bought this with my PS3) . I had a coupe of races online. Really loved
      playing over people, but kept away since then, with all the talk of people
      cheating etc..(spoils it). Definitely want to play online, after the update..!

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy View Post
        Still think at a minimum, you should have some sort of split time read-out when playing online. Its essential IMO in a racing game to know how far ahead you are of someone, and how far behind the next racer is. Its a very loney experience racing online most of the time, I feel like I'm racing offline. There is no sense of participation with other racers.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone, its just I am passionate about my racing games and I am getting concerned about the amount of dumbing down thats going on between this game and the Burnout series.
        Last edited by Spatial; 06-05-2007, 08:00.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
          Still think at a minimum, you should have some sort of split time read-out when playing online. Its essential IMO in a racing game to know how far ahead you are of someone, and how far behind the next racer is. Its a very loney experience racing online most of the time, I feel like I'm racing offline. There is no sense of participation with other racers.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone, its just I am passionate about my racing games and I am getting concerned about the amount of dumbing down thats going on between this game and the Burnout series.

And I think the opposite!

I like my action uncomplicated and fun. If every game is going to be a simulation, I'd rather stick with a personal computer and give up on consoles.

MotorStorm might not be perfect, and yes, racing online sometimes is a lonely experience, if you are in a group that doesn't suit your ability and skill, but when things work, its ages better than most racers out there right now :-)

Bring On the Expansion Packs

and BTW... can't wait for Wipeout. Can't. Wait.

J.
          Last edited by Spatial; 06-05-2007, 08:01.

Comment

I must admit, not having a speedometer is something I find difficult, I just don't think that the game shows you speed very well, I'd also like to know how far I am behind the leader now and again to know if it's worth even trying to get to first or just restart.

I like this game but it's not as good as some people seem to say it is.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post

Totally agree about the split times, really bugs me that they left it out and my only way is to look back which can lead to crashes etc. Surely they can easily add it.

Comment

I received this over the weekend and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I had the vague feeling I might like the game (I thought the demo was...okay) but I'm genuinely having a great time playing.

What's more I'm using the tilt controls and so far it's working far better than I had expected. In fact, it's improving the experience for me.

Comment

Great game i have one more race to get gold on and it will be 100% done, that race is mudplugger on the mudpool ticket 21. How frigging hard is this race? all the trucks just want to destroy you and seem set to do just that.

I hope in MS2 they get better AI that want to race and not just batter the crap out of you because it spoils it a tiny bit tbh.

Comment

Well i finished it last night all gold over the 21 tickets, rain god with buggies and mudpool on ticket 21 were really solid and a little unfun. All in all a good game but lose the player focused AI next time.

Comment

There are more tracks being released though LFC Fan...it's not over yet!

Comment

It's probably been posted before LFC Fan but here's a video which shows glimpses of the upcoming tracks.

I believe they are reworkings of older tracks? Some of what is shown is completely unrecognisable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                          It's probably been posted before LFC Fan but here's a video which shows glimpses of the upcoming tracks.

I believe they are reworkings of older tracks? Some of what is shown is completely unrecognisable though.
                          Should be good and new tickets, i will also race online now should have a chance knowing the tracks better after playing the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                            They're re-works but as you mention they're barely recognisable.

Comment

There's a video on the PSN about Motorstorm & the new Festival pass, tracks and cars...I'm really enjoying this game, it can be very frustrating though. Sony really needs to sort out a headset for its games, online is very lonely.

Comment

Slightly off topic but the headset I'd recommend (having used some of the crappy bluetooth ones out there) is the USB Logitech one that they bundled with Socom 3 on the PS2.

It might be wired but it has inline mute and volume (handy if you're used to the current 360 setup) and a long cable for you to sit as far away from your PS3 as you need. It's comfortable, the sound quality is also really good (which is a bit of a bind on times as most people are using ****ty bluetooth ones with lots of static and background noise) and you can pick it up quite cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X