No announcement yet.

Forza 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty cheats! At least Turn 10 are trying to get rid of them all.

Comment

I'll be the first to admit after getting gold in all career races then realising I needed several million more credits to buy all the remaining cars I immediately searched the internet for ways to money glitch and had it been possible to do without buying additional hardware (the tranfer kit) I'd have done so without guilt or regret as career mode's a joke in regards to how long and drawn-out it is.

Comment

I earned every penny and car legit. I began my career in the Europe region which has the most expensive cars by far, so I didn't have to earn too many extra credits to mop up the rest from the US and JP regions.

I made what I needed by auctioning cars I had created in the paint shop. If you come up with something that's decent, the money just rolls in and the markups are huge.

Honda Integra R 02 - 8,250c
        Honda Integra R 02 with my design on it - 750,000c

Comment

Am at driver level 12 now, loving it! Had an amazing race where i crashed my intergrale on lap 2 of 4 (with a 10s lead). Car was limited to 110mph but managed to hold on as the cpu clawed back the gap.

Must say I have always been a gran turismo man, but this is better. GT always relied too much on Impreza / Skyline / Evo (apart from maybe GT2).

What do you people think the best handling cars are (as stock)
          I've been impressed with the 914, integrale and integra
          Last edited by jnm23; 07-07-2007, 01:20.

Comment

Originally posted by jnm23 View Post
            Honda Integra is a good FWD choice, but overall (and money no object) I would vote for the Ferrari F355 Challenge. Its got adjustable suspension as standard, lots of grip and feels great to drive.

Comment

One of the slower standard Honda NSXs is REALLY neutral and easy to drive, without tuning or upgrading. Very fun racing online if everyone is using it.

Comment

I really liked the Toyota MR2 but it depends on individual driving style.

Comment

my vote goes also to the Ferrari F355 challenge, it's easy to drive, and it has lots of grip.
                  the F430 is also a good choice, but I like MR (mid engine rear wheel) cars ..

Comment

Haha just hired a driver to race my first endurance race. Took him 45 minutes (i washed my real car while he raced) to finish first. My 100,000CR prize soon turned into 6,000CR after his commission. Fantastic haha

Comment

Best thing to do when hiring drivers for endurance races is put them in as good a car as possible (even if it means spending large sums on upgrades) as you can then hire a level 1 driver to win the race who allow you to take home 45% of the earnings. It's also worth using as rare a car as possible (again, by upgrading) as that increases the financial reward.
                      Last edited by Charlie; 07-07-2007, 15:41. Reason: buffoonery

Comment

Late to this thread, and I'm not reading through 654 messages so apologies if these thoughts are echoed elsewhere! I'm almost at the end of the career mode now, and I've gotta take a Ferrari somethingorother around 2 laps of the Nurburgring. Someone tell me, does that track have any redeeming features at all? It's long, boring, there's no interesting corners. It's just thin, bumpy, bendy and barely possible to stay on at any speed in a car that handles poorly at best. It's not fun in the slightest.

The tracks, ugh, they're so dull. This might just be because I've been round them so many times now but there's so little variation. The trees and rumble strips change colour, but aside from that it's the same every time, aside from the one street race, which is barely a track anyway. About the only track I enjoy at this point is Laguna Seca.

Damage. What? It sure looks pretty enough, but it's a bit... Rubbish. When they make cars are the wing mirrors just attached with Blu-Tak? Any time you have a head on collision the mirrors just fall right off with no contact. It was funny the first time, but it's ridiculous.

Is there any pattern as to when a gravel trap is made of gravel and when it's made of superglue? Some of the deceleration you get when you hit one (300km/h to 10km/h in less than a second) would not only be impossible, but would probably kill you. When I'm off the track, on a patch of concrete, why can't I accelerate as if I was on concrete and not glue?

It annoys me that they punish bad driving but don't reward good driving.

But, hey, I'm still playing it, at least until tomorrow!

Comment

Agree with a lot of toythatkills comments. Great game but plenty of scope for improvement in FM3.

One thing i find is that if races get close/exciting you tend to lose out, as when the cpu touches your car it invariably goes into a catastrophic spin. This is the polar opposite to the barge fest of gran turismo. (Ah the good old days of ramming your nearest rival into a corner and causing the AI to go mental ).

Also can someone explain why the maca F1 has a speed rating of 7.5? Whereas the crap korean cars are rated at 3? Rather a narrow spread really. What the hell car would have a speed rating of 10 - thrust ssc?

I have found the sweetest handling car though - 996 GT3 cup. Pure magic!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                            The tracks, ugh, they're so dull. This might just be because I've been round them so many times now but there's so little variation. The trees and rumble strips change colour, but aside from that it's the same every time, aside from the one street race, which is barely a track anyway. About the only track I enjoy at this point is Laguna Seca.
                            I recognise your feelings completely. The problem is almost every track is a race track. The game needs more original, fake tracks like Maple Valley to keep things interesting. It just so happens the first game had quite a few creative fake tracks as well as night races. It's utterly bizarre they decided to narrow the focus of the second game to day-time race tracks only, unless of course they plan to release the other tracks as downloadable content which won't be good enough in my mind. It's unfortunate many reviews didn't call Turn 10 out regarding the lack of variety in the tracks.

Comment

What's the best thing to do to ensure good starts off the line?

Ive tried a number of different options, starting with no power applied, quick shifting to 2nd, revving halfway, revving at the margin of the red tacometer. The best way ive found is to keep the revs at a medium level.

Is there any sureproof method, or does it depend on the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Mephistopheles View Post
                                I recognise your feelings completely. The problem is almost every track is a race track. The game needs more original, fake tracks like Maple Valley to keep things interesting. It just so happens the first game had quite a few creative fake tracks as well as night races. It's utterly bizarre they decided to narrow the focus of the second game to day-time race tracks only, unless of course they plan to release the other tracks as downloadable content which won't be good enough in my mind. It's unfortunate many reviews didn't call Turn 10 out regarding the lack of variety in the tracks.
                                I think, on the whole, reviewers have been too nice to this game.

Imo, the Turn10 have been lazy. GT5 isn't around, so they haven't felt under pressure to deliver a really big package.

If GT5 was available, I think Microsoft would have put more money and resources into Forza2, and delivered a much larger package. There would definitely be more tracks(original, and real-world) and more features.

I think the game is good. It looks nice, feels good, and has all the basics covered, but as a package, it feels lacking in substance.

I play the game, and enjoy some of it, but I keep thinking of ways it could be improved, and things I woud like to see in it.

Forza2 isn't a revolution, or even a evolution. It's just a nice looking version of what we've seen before. I expect a lot more imagination and content in modern racers, and I think it's going to take a really dedicated, imaginative dev-team to deliver something groundbreaking.

I hope any new content is free. That would be fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X