Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick View Post
    Got it this week

Played it for 15 minutes and i hate this ****ty excuse for a game.

Got that annoyed I smashed the disk up.

I must have restarted the first race 20 times. 20 ****ing times. why the **** do i have to race in those **** box 4x4s?

Anyway, its dead and im glad. infact i feel like buying a thousand copies just to destroy them i hate it that much
    ???
    What difficulty were you playing on? I came first on Pro Am on my 2nd attempt - once you 'get' the handling model is arcade not sim style then it makes much more sense and is all about FUN.

Just as good as Forza 2 but in a compeltely different way - I'll finish this and sell it but Forza is a keeper due to the added depths.

Comment

I must have restarted the first race 20 times. 20 ****ing times. why the **** do i have to race in those **** box 4x4s?
      Why do you hate it that much?

If you finding it that you can not win or progress you can move the difficulty down a notch. The handling of all the car disclipines and Single player progression is excellent.

Comment

i know where he's coming from, I didn't get to smashing my disk but i loathed this game as well, I think it promised so much with the flashy menus, great graphics and good demo and then i felt so disappointed by the 'hidden hand of god' handling and Travis Pastrami whining on.

still flatout soon cheered me up and got this placed in the 'to be traded' pile

Comment

Got it this week

Got that annoyed I smashed the disk up.

Anyway, its dead and im glad. infact i feel like buying a thousand copies just to destroy them i hate it that much
          You have rage issues, you may need professional help. Hope this post doesn't annoy you

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
            You have rage issues, you may need professional help. Hope this post doesn't annoy you
            That quote works perfectly with your Avatar!

"We're talking about unchecked aggression here."

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
              lol

if someone had come in and said "Its only a game" there would have been a mushroom cloud.

It wasn't all the games fault, although it is ****, the missus had done a good job at winding me up earlier before she retired to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                That quote works perfectly with your Avatar!

"We're talking about unchecked aggression here."

"Shut the f**k up Donny"

What was the topic again?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                  i know where he's coming from, I didn't get to smashing my disk but i loathed this game as well, I think it promised so much with the flashy menus, great graphics and good demo and then i felt so disappointed by the 'hidden hand of god' handling and Travis Pastrami whining on.

still flatout soon cheered me up and got this placed in the 'to be traded' pile
                  I agree, poor framerate/screen tear/motorhome like handling and the commentary......jesus

why didnt they just stick to rally. CM4 was sublime.

Comment

Anyone still play this?

Anyway, i managed to get the 1000 miles driven in career mode last night, i've only got 2 more achievments to get which is completing the championship global and international rallys IIRC.

Comment

Congrats on getting that achievement. Found it extremely annoying that all other mileage covered (Championship mode, time-attacking and online) didn't even count towards it.
                      When i completed the Career mode I had barely covered 500mls, so you're effectively required do it twice - rubbish design.

Comment

Yeah, i did 200 miles before realising that achievement was in career only.

But alltogether it's been an amazing blast, (Apart from re-racing pikes peak over and over again for the 1000 miles).I can't see myself really playing this again, and i only hope that Dirt 2 will include more weather conditions and effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                          Anyone still play this?
                          Yep.

It's one of the most exciting racing games ever made. It's very much like Scud Race it has brilliant graphics, arcade deep handling but takes itself very seriously.

I think I'll be playing Pikes Peak again for some time to come, well at least intill Dirt 2. The sequel really needs to have more tracks and weather effects.

Comment

Only recently got this so playing through for the first time. Sometimes the graphics just blow me away (when they're not tearing all over the show). The handling takes some getting used to though!

Comment

I'm now at Teir 5 I think.

Loving it, and really glad I bought it.

I agree with the Scud Race analogy. Its a proper arcade racer, dressed in "Sim" clothes.

Weather and more courses would be great next time, but there is a great game for people as it stands.

Comment

Bought the game yesterday for the PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X